100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Amateur Golfpeasant is on a distinguished road
    SB is no where near Kanata...lol.

19th tee on carling, if you buy a bucket, you get to use their pitching green and sand bunkers for unlimited amount of time (different balls lying around, you collect them).

My one big complaint is that they don't have a real putting surface, so pitches on the fly (with some roll, and flags/holes as targets) is pretty much all you can practice.

They also don't have a flat rate seasonal fee, like haimes, but you do get a discount if you prepurchase in volume.

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    is there anything close to kanata where I can do that?
    Find out if the Marshes still has their all inclusive practice membership. Range. Chipping, Putting etc. I think it was 400 dollars last year.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfpeasant

19th tee on carling, if you buy a bucket, you get to use their pitching green and sand bunkers for unlimited amount of time (different balls lying around, you collect them).

My one big complaint is that they don't have a real putting surface, so pitches on the fly (with some roll, and flags/holes as targets) is pretty much all you can practice.

They also don't have a flat rate seasonal fee, like haimes, but you do get a discount if you prepurchase in volume.
    Stonebridge is approx 10 min drive from Kanata, I live in Barrhaven and travel to Kanata and Stittsville all the time. That is fairly close in my books, unless you expect to walk out your front door and have a practice range at your disposal. If Stonebridge has what you want, I think the 10 min drive would be worth it.
    Denny

beatnik58
    The unlimited range pass at Irish Hills for $99 is the best deal going by far. Grass tees, chipping green. The only drawback is that they don't replace their range balls very often but I really don't find it's a big problem.

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    Lived near by the Marshes two years ago. By far the best practise facility. Green with white sand traps, they even come by and refill your pyramid of range balls. And the clubhouse let you take their electric cart to the range. Not sure sure if that's still the case, but it was the best $10 spent.

Oh well, if you think this:

http://www.ottawagolf.com/stonebridge/map.htm

Is close to Kanata then everything is close to Kanata.

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    Kevin Haime's has a 20$ max on their short game area. Appart from the Marshes, I think it's the best one around.

"Richard"
    $20 is way to much to spend on short game practice. You can get a round for that much at some lower end courses.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    If the driver from Kanata to Stonebridge is too far, you can always go to Loch March, which is in Kanata, and use their range / putting green / practice green once they open.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    yes it is.

You've posted a map that gives directions from bank & the queensway to illustrate how CLOSE Stonebridge is to Kanata?

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    To be fair, Kanata is on the map.
    I expect it's more like 15 minutes from central Kanata. Not too far.

"Richard"
    Its not that far actually, you just take richmond to fallowfield and then your own your way you barhaven. Its not close either though

9 Iron r2g2 is on a distinguished road

Loch March

Loch March has great facilities. I love their putting green.
    [COLOR=Blue]Rob [/COLOR]

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    I remember Loch March mentioned the practice area is for the playing guests. Not sure if they meant the putting green or the range. It is way out in Dunrobin, so better call ahead and check...

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    To be fair, Kanata is on the map.
    I expect it's more like 15 minutes from central Kanata. Not too far.
    Correct. I live in the southeast area of Kanata & can make to SB within 15 minutes. Not too far at all considering some of the distances friends & I have travelled to play.

beatnik58
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldred
    I remember Loch March mentioned the practice area is for the playing guests. Not sure if they meant the putting green or the range. It is way out in Dunrobin, so better call ahead and check...

Loch March is far closer to Kanata than it is to Dunrobin! It's about 3 minutes form the Centrum Mall.

Andru
    I live north west kanata and it's 30 minutes to stonebridge. it takes me 8-10 mins to get to the hightway if the lights are clicking.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

20 minutes 30 minutes 10 minutes it's all the same when you go do something as enjoyable as practicing your golf game.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karam

20 minutes 30 minutes 10 minutes it's all the same when you go do something as enjoyable as practicing your golf game.
    Here here!

Reminds me of "it's 2 miles away, 1 if you run".

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar

Check your own posts for the answer...

In the Goals for the year thread you said
    And finally to have a game with less 40 putts this year
    I would suggest you spend that $20 at Haime's practicing your putting if you really want to score better.

GarthM
    Last edited by GarthM; 04-28-2005 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Get back on Topic.....

Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons
    You've posted a map that gives directions from bank & the queensway to illustrate how CLOSE Stonebridge is to Kanata?
    No, I'm saying that depending on where you live in Kanata, Loch March, 19th tee, Haimes, and Marshes is CLOSE relative to Stonebridge, and that if you consider a drive, then everything is within reaching distance through the 416 or Queensway.

But yes, I'll agree...I had the feeling he wanted to practice without dealing with traffic.

"Richard"
    But yes, I'll agree...I had the feeling he wanted to practice without dealing with traffic.
    Not at all, I want to practise without having to deal with paying. The guys at glen mar said I wouldn't be bothering anyone if I came and just putt for an hour or something. Its not like I would just putt and then come back the next day and put again and never play their course. I would play it about once or twice a week instead of playing a different course as a thank you for letting me practice their for free. Actually right after I got off the phone with him I called all my friends and told them we should go play there... so we have an 8some going out tomorrow if the weather is good. I would actually like to see if I can find a course that has a sand trap, chipping and putting area as well. That way I can do all three and maybe play there once or twice on the weekend. I know irish hills has that setup so maybe I'll give them a call. I played that course about 10 times last year... very friendly people

Not at all, I want to practise without having to deal with paying.
    My bad. Go Stonebridge go.

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Not at all, I want to practise without having to deal with paying.... I would actually like to see if I can find a course that has a sand trap, chipping and putting area as well. That way I can do all three and maybe play there once or twice on the weekend.
    Raceview/Falcon Ridge has that setup, along with an excellent range with a good grass tee area and only $6 for a large bucket. Bit of a trek from Kanata though - its on Albion Road across from the Rideau Carleton Raceway.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    You can practice at Stonebridge without paying if you so choose. Done it many times myself.

"Richard"
    awesome, glen mar, irrish hills and canadian are the closest courses to me so I'm going to give them a call and see but stonebridge is pretty close as well. I'm playing there next week

Hybrid oldmaninblack is on a distinguished road
    on getting better ... as a junior we used to have regular "monkey golf" tournaments. Play with only one club and a putter. I could break 90 with a 6 iron and a putter. At the time I could hit a 6 iron 150 yds. Doing this you can have a par putt on a 600 yd par 5. We also learned a lot about chipping. A 40 yd shot with a 6 iron takes imagination.

One of the biggest problems for non-members is that you never get to play true practice rounds. Every game costs you money so you tend to take it too seriously. SOmetimes you've got to play without the scorecard.

One of the neatest practice round games I've played is bad-shot scramble. You play each shot twice and pick the worst one to play your next shot from.

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmaninblack
    One of the neatest practice round games I've played is bad-shot scramble. You play each shot twice and pick the worst one to play your next shot from.
    Sounds like a good way to practice my pitching from out of the woods.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

"Richard"
    Quote Originally Posted by el tigre
    Sounds like a good way to practice my pitching from out of the woods.
    I would just be checking to see which ball went into the water further from the hole

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar

Well considering you hi-lited almost to Vanier, I can see why you are confused ! 417 to the 416, exit Fallowfield, stay right to Stanherd and your there 10 mins, 15 if your driving Miss Daisy! Can get there even quicker if you take Eagleson or Richmond up to Fallowfield.

Denny

Oops sorry guys, I didn't see the other posts about the "time" argument. Didn't want start up the debate again.

Thread Information