100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    3 Wood cruxradio is on a distinguished road
    Played Smiths Falls on the weekend, the greens were fast and amazing! And the course was a treat to play, great layout

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Stonebridge has punched and sanded the fairways. Greens are in nice shape. Not many leaves. All in all a great day.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Ottawa does not need a zoo---play Pineview. Coyotes on 6---Turkeys on 12---small doe on 4 and misc others all over. Course was in good shape---just about everything was cut---bunkers all raked but it is a little damp---no standing water just too much rain and really no leaf problem to speak of.

One little complaint--hope they get a second cash for next year---10 to 20 minutes to check in is too long --even when you are 45 minutes early

That's it---great start guys
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    Cloverdale was in fantastic shape, especially the greens. At $19 + tax and a free Oktoberfest sausage at the turn it is an incredible bargain.

Don't forget to spin the wheel, I got coffee and muffin.

Breakfast, lunch and golf , all for 19+tax....can't beat that

Played there for the first time this past weekend and I shot my best round of the year to close out the season !.

Very friendly staffs.. Definitely make more visits next year .

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Played Equinelle this past weekend. Greens in amazing shape. Must have been rolling at least 11 on Stimp. This course has been in such good condition all year. Keep up the good work!!

Also played the Marshes....greens punched and sanded. not even worth the discounted green fees..Too bumpy. I have to admit that the overall conditioning of this course has really gone downhill this past year or so. Bunkers are not maintained properly, especially since the rakes have been removed and put on the back of the carts. They have not been edged in a while, and the grass and weeds have made them look very scruffy. I hope next year more of an effort is extended to the care and maintenance of this course to bring it back to the elite stature it deserves.

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    eQuinelle was in great shape yesterday, even though it was very windy.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Gatineau have aerated tee-boxes. Greens are still good.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    9 a.m round today at Pine View. Grass cutting going on on just about every hole. Wet but otherwise in immaculate condition tee to green. New footbridge construction underway over the gully on no.13 par 3. I am amazed at what the new operators have accomplished over the summer! Kudos....
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

5 Wood Pine View is on a distinguished road Pine View's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by imozzie View Post
    9 a.m round today at Pine View. Grass cutting going on on just about every hole. Wet but otherwise in immaculate condition tee to green. New footbridge construction underway over the gully on no.13 par 3. I am amazed at what the new operators have accomplished over the summer! Kudos....
    Glad you could make it out. We are excited to see the new bridge going in. Should cut a few minutes off the average round.

Thanks to everyone who has made our first year a success. Lots more exciting things to come in the future.
    This is not the Pine View you remember from years gone by. Come back and see what we have done and what we have in store for the future - www.pineview.com

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    The Marshes yesterday - fairways clear of leaves. First cut...not so much. A little soggy w/cart path only in effect. Greens long and slow. Still, a beautiful course on a beautiful Fall day.
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Was advised Gatineau punching greens starting tomorow.

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by KOKO72 View Post
    Also played the Marshes....greens punched and sanded. not even worth the discounted green fees..Too bumpy.
    Played Marshes yesterday. They did warn us the greens had been punched but since I've played a few courses int he past few weeks with punched greens that were still very playable I figured it would be worth the $60. I've never seen greens so bad before. It was like putting on egg cartons. Not sure how that gets fixed by spring time.

5 Wood Pine View is on a distinguished road Pine View's Avatar
    We are aerating greens today, tomorrow, and possibly Wednesday as needed.
    This is not the Pine View you remember from years gone by. Come back and see what we have done and what we have in store for the future - www.pineview.com

We where fortunate enough to play this a.m and Pineview greens are second to none. Just as nice as Equinelle, Stonebridge and co. Congrats to you and your excellent team.
    Too bad they have to be punched. C'est la vie!!!

3 Wood THUNDAH is on a distinguished road
    Gatineau green aerating postponed until next week
    He who hits last, walks alone

Next week came early. Gatineau had half the greens aerated by mid day.

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Champlain greens are punched and sanded. Some of the yardage markers are misplaced...good thing I had my range finder.

No food or bar at the Gatineau. Ball washers removed. The ones on the carts are still there.

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    eQuinelle is closed for the season, the conditions on Thursday were great.

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Played Canadian today....beautiful sunshine, chilly but brisk walking helped. Course desserted and in amazing shape. The greens were perfect, very very few leaves, lush and a real pleasure to play what will probably be my last found of the year

4 Iron SecondChance is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by goochy View Post
    Played Canadian today....beautiful sunshine, chilly but brisk walking helped. Course desserted and in amazing shape. The greens were perfect, very very few leaves, lush and a real pleasure to play what will probably be my last found of the year
    Played Hammond yesterday..and it's great..With couple of layers and a touque, it was fairway comfortable...Nice day out

With the temperature reaching double digit this week, a couple more rounds before calling it quit !

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    According to their newsletter, Cloverdale is now closed but Emerald Links and Anderson Links are open until November 16th.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    According to their newsletter, Cloverdale is now closed but Emerald Links and Anderson Links are open until November 16th.
    Strange they would close the worst of the 3 courses, and keep the better ones open.....

Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    Gatineau, November 12 - Bitter cold NW wind. The green were punched and overly sanded, take a 2 putt and walk away. The club will closed this weekend. The Pro said it was a good 2014, not great but better than other clubs he knew of. Have Ottawa/Gatineau golf courses saturated the market and there will have to be some "culling of the herd"?
    Last edited by Golfer100; 11-14-2014 at 08:22 AM. Reason: spelling

Pretty much looks like the end of the season, period. Freekin cold out there and no change in sight.

Thread Information