CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar

End of season conditions

You have to play Cobden Played today--hardly anyone there--everything cut and all the leaves blown off greens and fairways. They have punched the fairways but all the plugs have been picked up.

Got to go back--Casselview tomorrow.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Meadows -
    Played there today (N-S), all 9s have been punched and sanded in the last week. Some greens better than others but all pretty good considering. Biggest issue for me and my playing partner was the maintenance re: leaves. Left a lot to be desired in my opinion. While the greens and fairways were done many areas that could be considered "bail-out" or areas where one could reasonably expect a ball to go, if hit off line, were left untouched. Made me wonder if the chap operating the blower was a golfer as these areas were a "no-brainer" to us players. I recall playing this course many years ago and being annoyed by the constant hum of the blowers during a full 4 hour round. Not an issue today. Saw the one blower in our area on a virtually clean green while the areas around it were ankle deep. Too much time devoted to looking for balls that was not necessary, IMHO.
    "All I need to know about life, I learned from my dog".

We were bumped at Casselview---high school tournament so we played Pineview again---still in great shape and no leaves ---birdied 18--2nd shot 224 from rough with my 3wood--ended up 10 inches from cup----rolled up while the threesome in front were putting--priceless. Tried to find them to say sorry but they had left---hope they see this,

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    We were bumped at Casselview---high school tournament so we played Pineview again---still in great shape and no leaves ---birdied 18--2nd shot 224 from rough with my 3wood--ended up 10 inches from cup----rolled up while the threesome in front were putting--priceless. Tried to find them to say sorry but they had left---hope they see this,
    Sooo... that will be G-Mac, Baby Mac and Big Mac... way to go BM!
    "All I need to know about life, I learned from my dog".

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Sweet!
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

5 Iron Pattington22 is on a distinguished road
    BM,

I was wondering why you went for the green when another group was still putting. What's the proper etiquette in this situation?

Nice shot, btw!

-pat

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Heritage has punched all the greens. BIG aeration holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattington22 View Post
    BM,

I was wondering why you went for the green when another group was still putting. What's the proper etiquette in this situation?

Nice shot, btw!

-pat
    I was wondering when that question would come up How many people actually get 220 plus out of the rough with a three wood ?????? It was just one of those shots when everything came together. It also goes to show that sometimes if you are not sure before hitting---wait---you are never sure---that's why I went to apologize.

5 Wood Pine View is on a distinguished road Pine View's Avatar
    Great Shot! A birdie on 18 is always a bonus. That hole plays like a short par 5 for most people.
    This is not the Pine View you remember from years gone by. Come back and see what we have done and what we have in store for the future - www.pineview.com

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I was wondering when that question would come up How many people actually get 220 plus out of the rough with a three wood ?????? It was just one of those shots when everything came together. It also goes to show that sometimes if you are not sure before hitting---wait---you are never sure---that's why I went to apologize.
    It isn't like you flew it onto the green, and you hit a perfect shot. If I'd have been on the green I'd have waited to congratulate you and tell you the apology was not necessary.
    Andrew

2 Iron Guzman is on a distinguished road Guzman's Avatar
    Par six for me!!
    "Everyone is born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid" Ben Franklyn.

Thanks fellas---yes there is a difference between a ball "rolling up" on someone and "flying them" When playing in the states we always wait until they are at least 250 yards before hitting---they still get %$%$% if the ball comes within 20 yards

Anyway--back on topic---heard from friends that Brockville CC was in great shape--they played the weekend

5 Iron Pattington22 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    It isn't like you flew it onto the green, and you hit a perfect shot. If I'd have been on the green I'd have waited to congratulate you and tell you the apology was not necessary.
    I apologize if my comment came off as combative; I was just trying to get some clarification on etiquette, given that I know some folks get a bit touchy if a ball comes anywhere near them.

But anyway, back on topic: anyone played Canadian recently and if so, how are the conditions?

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    End of season conditions. Edelweiss has aerated and top dressed greens.

Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattington22 View Post
    I apologize if my comment came off as combative; I was just trying to get some clarification on etiquette, given that I know some folks get a bit touchy if a ball comes anywhere near them.

But anyway, back on topic: anyone played Canadian recently and if so, how are the conditions?
    Canadian was perfect on Tuesday...

Played Hammond Sunday, greens punched, conditions very good otherwise, 3 people 3hrs 25.
    "Everyone is born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid" Ben Franklyn.

9 Iron rajah is on a distinguished road
    We were on the 18th green at PV and some moron hit the ball from 200+ yards, ball bounced on to the green hit my friend in the ankle. My friend picked up the ball and put it in his pocket. What's upsetting is we know the person hitting is an experienced golfer and should know better. What's an extra 3-4 minute wait! Just baffles me the lack of basic etiquette on the golf course especially from experienced golfers.

Too bad you said "bounced onto the green"----most of the energy was already lost after hitting the ground. You say your friend is an experienced golfer---probably just one of those times everything goes right---anyway being a friend I'm sure you can talk to him.

I understand people can be upset if a ball flys the green or soars over your head on the fairway--you have a right to say something BUT a ball rolling onto the green or past someone is no big deal---sure go ahead an apologize---that's the proper thing to do but in most cases the "victim" will say "nice shot--not to worry"

How many times have you seen a ball roll onto the green in the PGA tournaments---the guys just turn around and smile.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Guys, please keep on topic. This thread is about conditions. There are lots of threads about etiquette, where your post would be more fitting. Or you could start a new thread if you wish.
    Thanks.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Hawksburry Golf club is in great shape.

Played Chateau Cartier, Monday, Oct 6th. Good conditions. Sky Caddy does not have the new layout and I did download this morning. Twosomes and onesomes were all over the place jumping holes, playing more than one ball each, no marshall…it was the good old wild west out there….. we needed Gerry Barber to sort out a few players

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    both Pineview and eQuinelle are in great shape as of last week.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Meadows -
    Played there today (N-S), all 9s have been punched and sanded in the last week. Some greens better than others but all pretty good considering. Biggest issue for me and my playing partner was the maintenance re: leaves. Left a lot to be desired in my opinion. While the greens and fairways were done many areas that could be considered "bail-out" or areas where one could reasonably expect a ball to go, if hit off line, were left untouched. Made me wonder if the chap operating the blower was a golfer as these areas were a "no-brainer" to us players. I recall playing this course many years ago and being annoyed by the constant hum of the blowers during a full 4 hour round. Not an issue today. Saw the one blower in our area on a virtually clean green while the areas around it were ankle deep. Too much time devoted to looking for balls that was not necessary, IMHO.
    Played Meadows on Sunday(W/S), course was in good condition, and like Kiwi said, if you rolled out of the fairway into the rough, especially on the West 9 you stood a good chance of loosing your ball in the leaves (We lost quite a few).

Gatineau greens where lighting fast this morning!!!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolf View Post
    Played Meadows on Sunday(W/S), course was in good condition, and like Kiwi said, if you rolled out of the fairway into the rough, especially on the West 9 you stood a good chance of loosing your ball in the leaves (We lost quite a few).
    I should have mentioned that about pineview and equinelle, almost no leaves on either, or at least we never once looked for a ball that we thought may have been under a leaf.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Rideuview, Wednesday, Oct 8th…fantastic conditions. What a wonderful course, challenging while beautiful!!!

Gatineau still in good shape even with frost delay today.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Cloverdale was in fantastic shape, especially the greens. At $19 + tax and a free Oktoberfest sausage at the turn it is an incredible bargain.

Glen mar in very good shape last Friday, not many leaves.

Nation Sunday very few leaves, some greens aerated, overall good conditions.

Thread Information