CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    6 Iron tman is on a distinguished road

Red face another summer gone by, same old question what sim to go with?

Well looks like fall is here in Alberta and still no sim installed. Was on here all last year with the same old question. Which sim? Well I am back with that same question. I have everything ready to go in my sim room but the hardware and software to complete it. Was waiting for Simtech but looks like only thing out of them is a web page. Bogolf has been talking to me but not sure about there graphics and use. Where to go? Have a 10000.00 dollar max I think but more I can save the better of course. I want accuracy of course like everyone else and want to use it to improve my game to see my swing flaws and to enjoy in the cold winter days with friends. Anything new out there? Like the overhead camer systems but not sure what to go with. Any sugestions?

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    Around here you go Protee or GC2 or Optishot for the cheap solution. The only thing new is Skytrak which is coming out...price unknown.

Good luck.

Lob Wedge dynax9xi is on a distinguished road
    I thought skytrak price is known, directly from their sale VP. The simulator package is $4.8K, the unit alone is $1.5K.

Putter haboob is on a distinguished road
    Yeah same rep that said it would be fore sale this month...very frustrating.

7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road
    The skytrak simulator package is going to be $4.8K? I must have missed a posting somewhere on this. I was waiting for this unit to come out as a strong possibility, but if that is going to be the price i will keep looking.
    Quote Originally Posted by dynax9xi View Post
    I thought skytrak price is known, directly from their sale VP. The simulator package is $4.8K, the unit alone is $1.5K.

1 Iron AJA is on a distinguished road
    Best advice that i have found in this forum regarding home simulators is build your room first - impact screen, projector, etc. then, decide on your sim.
    At this moment that is the route I'm taking. There is enough to do just to get the space ready without humming and hawing about what sim to choose.
    I have written off Protee as a hardware solution since they can't seem to resolve their camera performance issues and because of the limitations of hitting off a single sensor pad. ProTee software is still in the running depending on what integration may be available later with other launch monitors - SkyTrak, etc.
    my 2 cents.

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    For 10k you should get GC2 with protee/tgc software.

1 Iron Jsgregg is on a distinguished road
    GC2 seems to be the most highly regarded indoor LM out there. It's why I chose to invest in one. I honestly couldn't be happier. The accuracy is simply amazing to me. The ball trail starts right where the ball hits the screen.

Paralysis by analysis seems to be pretty common when searching for a LM.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by AJA View Post
    I have written off Protee as a hardware solution since they can't seem to resolve their camera performance issues and because of the limitations of hitting off a single sensor pad. ProTee software is still in the running depending on what integration may be available later with other launch monitors - SkyTrak, etc.
    my 2 cents.
    Everybody's setup is different. Some are easy and some can be challenging. The cameras work and add to the accuracy. The ProTee system offers savings over the GC2. If you got the money, want an easy setup, and want the most accurate indoor system, then get the GC2. If you like burning money for no reason, get the new FSX driving range.

Putter Mike80 is on a distinguished road
    Someone mentioned the SkyTrak golf simulation package. Does anyone have anymore information about that? Curious to know if that means multiple golf courses to play. Or is it going to be integrated with something like the TruGolf E6 software. If anyone has any more inside information about the SkyTrak I would love to know. I am holding off purchasing a GC2 waiting for this to come out. Keep thinking it should be any day now!

Par Dax is on a distinguished road
    Mike

I would check out the Skytrack thread on this forum, as I think it will answer a lot of your questions. It will also link you to the website which is currently being updated in expectation that they will be ready to take orders soon.

Par Dax is on a distinguished road
    Btw, it's under the home simulators general section of this Forum.

Thread Information