100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter Michdmbfan is on a distinguished road

Help design a simulator room - Win $25!!

Hello,
    I have been watching posts on this site for some time and I know infrequent posters like me ask the same tired questions over and over. And I am sure vets think, "Newbie, just search for the info!"

I think my situation is a bit different, but I do realize that your time is valuable. To help try to compensate for that AND to show my gratitude for any assistance I can get, I would like to offer to give $25 (Sent via paypal gift) to a person that contributes to this thread. I think the best way is to let a moderator use a random number generator to pick among the contributors. I know that $25 isn't much money these days, but I hope it shows I do appreciate any help and maybe get's you an average dozen balls to use. (Sorry I can only afford to offer $25 to one person)

I have the opportunity to have a golf room in our basement. I am including a rudimentary drawing of the layout I have to work with. (It's not scaled properly, but the distances listed are accurate)

To get approval for this from my wife, I had to offer up the ability to also use the room as a home theater too. In the drawing you will see 3 squares that represent theater chairs.

The entire golf room is sunk down a foot from the rest of the basement. This was needed to give the 10ft ceiling height. There is a steel beam that runs right through one portion of it, as represented in the drawing. Also, there is a steel post.
    Oh, and don't forget the sump pump in the corner.

Some other points -
    -Outside light will NOT be a factor.
    -The most ideal way that the room be positioned is that the screen be directly across from those chairs. Since the rest of the basement is on the other side, my wanna be designer wife says that's really the only way the room will 'flow' with the rest of the house.
    -Room should be able to accommodate left and right hand players.
    -I would like to use real golf balls.

I hope to use the SkyTrak. (coming out in under 4 weeks) I realize that there are no sims for it yet, so will also look into installing an Optishot if I can get my friend to give me the one he doesn't use)

My biggest question is does anyone have any ideas about how I can utilize all that space efficiently? I would like to be able to chip and putt. Some ideas my friends suggested was use the space other side of the beam for club storage or seating. But I think there will be plenty of seating behind those chairs. (or in them)

If you need more info, please let me know. Thank you in advance for any ideas you offer.
    Attached Images

Thread Information