CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Wedge 11bravo is on a distinguished road

Floor mounted projector options

I'm wanting to put the short throw projector on the floor similar to what the golf simulator guys or trugolf uses to protect the projector. Has anyone built an enclosure with fans and plexiglass?

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    With mine, I just made sure the platform was sitting just higher than the projector and I just set the projector on the floor in front of the platform. The area where I putt (or the center of the hitting mat) I have an extended piece of turf (1 foot or so but not too much over to get in the view of the short throw) that goes over top the projector. For the projector it self I just bent a piece of Lexan to set on top of the projector and bend over the front to protect the front of the unit. So there are 2 things over the projector, the Lexan bent and the strip of turf. You have to play with the angle of the piece that covers the lense as it will glare if not at the right angle. There is very little change in picture with the projector shinning through the Lexan. Just need to clean the dust off once and a while.

Also no need then to vent the projector as nothing is on the sides.

That's a great idea, can you send a pic or two if you don't mind? I like the idea of being able to bring the projector in the house when I'm not using it in the garage.
    Cheers

John

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    I don't have a place to upload photos to to use the URL and I don't think this site has a direct upload. If it does someone could let me know how to do it. Or PM me with an email and I can take a picture and email it.

Pm sent

bell206
    I set mine on the floor behind the platform, works great. 11bravo are you using an Optishot?

Hi. Yes I'm using an optishot. Well I have the optishot, just haven't set it up yet. I have the thicker turf from jagmanjoe, and I just ordered a benq 770st projector. I have to build a stance platform and decide on a screen and mounting frame.
    I only plan on using almost golf balls, this will be in the garage.
    I could mount the projector but would like to keep it portable and in front of the hitting mat like the golf simulator guys setup. I emailed a quote for their projector box and it is way out of my budget...

tswany1
    I just finished building a box using plywood some computer cooling fans. I haven't tested it out yet but if anyone is interested I can post a picture. I plan to cover the box in some turf to make it look a little better.

Sure, post a pic. We have a plywood box at work but covering a big printer with a plexiglass cover on the front so I was thinking of doing something similar to protect the lens area. How do you plan on hooking up the computer fans for power?

Thread Information