100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter golf82 is on a distinguished road

Best Golf simulator

Hi guys, I hope all is well my name is Mark and I am new to this forum. Hopefully one day I will be able to contribute to the forum.

I have a question. Hopefully some one on here can help me out.

I'm looking for a golf simulator that is very accurate, I will be using this simulator for mostly training purposes and occasionally for entertainment

ok so my question is what simulator would you guys recommend, that I buy my budget is around $1000 to $$2200. I may be able to squeeze a little more if necessary

I want a simulator that can track both the ball and club. I was looking into the gsa simulator but i'm not sure if this is my best option. To sum it all up what simulator do you guys think would be the best fit for me once again the simulator will be mostely for training. I need my driver , chip shots, irons to be very accurate with distance, path, spin and roll etc.

can one of you guys please tell me the perfect setup for me.

also I have an occasional slice will a simulator help me cure my slice?

Thanks

100 views and not one reply? surely some one on here can give me some advice

Sand Wedge left72 is on a distinguished road
    Mark, I think you're squaring the circle. On the one hand you want great accuracy, on the other hand your budget is < 2500$. You'll find plenty of suggestions in the forum, once you refinde your requirements. Also check, if you want accuracy or precision or both. -Stefan

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by golf82 View Post
    100 views and not one reply? surely some one on here can give me some advice
    Have you read past topics? Start there.

8 Iron DFDubb is on a distinguished road
    For 2500, what you want doesn't exist. Sorry. Do some reading on this site, there is gobs of info.

No SIM will fix your slice, only a better golf swing. In that regard, lessons are cheaper than an accurate SIM.

3 Wood Stonebattle is on a distinguished road
    Wow, tough set of requirements.
    I might suggest starting with an Optishot to get club info and get a SkyTrak Launch Monitor to get the closest to your requirements. I suppose that is about as close as you can get.

Lob Wedge dynax9xi is on a distinguished road
    with the optishot/skytrak combo, the OP is still missing the "simulator" part of his requirement. Optishot is not that good simulator because it can't get the launch angle and spin data so it's ball flight is not accurate.

By looking at the raw ball/club data, then the optishot/skytrak is a workable combo. We don't know if the skytrak would mess up the sensor of the Optishot yet.

Thanks guys I guess I will go with the optishot/skytrak combo. How would I go about integrating optishot/skytrak combo so they work together?

Also what is the cost of skytrak? cant fine the price anywhere.

I guess i'm ok with it not being dead accurate but it's the best I can get for now.

8 Iron DFDubb is on a distinguished road
    There is no way to integrate the two. Furthermore, Skytrak hasn't been released yet and who knows when that will happen.

Golf82
    As DFDubb indicated, what you want does not exist. Take the time to read various posts on this sight to get a clearer picture of the capability of the various simulators. Optishot or P3proswing is a good place to start. I know of no way Optishot and Skytrak can be integrated. If you get both, you will have a simulator and a way to get club info with Optishot and a way to get ball info if you get a Skytrack, whenever it comes out, at a price that will most likely be in the ball park of your budget.

Yea the p3proswing seems pretty accurate just wish it could track the ball as well. Then it would be perfect. This thread is still open if any body has some better suggestions.

3 Wood northgolf is on a distinguished road
    p3pro has the challenge that it's hitting surface is like hitting off concrete (even the "grass" top) and you have to tape your clubs. Then there are "lighting" issues which can cause wildly inaccurate readings.

9 Iron tcaron is on a distinguished road
    Still REALLY liking my Optishot. Just got a $599.00 Opotoma HD 141x projector for it. Doubles as my home theatre.

Lob Wedge veryold is on a distinguished road veryold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tcaron View Post
    Still REALLY liking my Optishot. Just got a $599.00 Opotoma HD 141x projector for it. Doubles as my home theatre.
    Could you comment on the accuracy part of it ?
    Thanks and cheers.
    It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt (Mark Twain)

9 Iron tcaron is on a distinguished road

Accuracy - Optishot

I am very happy with the accuracy once I set up my clubs correctly in the club setup.
    I determined my average distance on each club and added it to my Optishot clubs.

Of course there are limitations:
    1. Complete misses may still trigger a hit - mulligan time.
    2. Toe shots, i.e. ball flies very right may result in an unrealistic flight.
    3. Takes time to get a feel for the game, use the driving range.
    4. I putt with a real ball, big difference.
    5. Optishot has helped my timing, centering my shots and is fun on rainy/snowy days.
    6.It is what it is. An inexpensive option to the alternatives including club memberships!

Tom C

Quote Originally Posted by tcaron View Post
    I am very happy with the accuracy...
    Excellent. So nice of you to give me such a detailed response - very much appreciated !!!
    Cheers.
    It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt (Mark Twain)

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Let's put this in perspective. The Optishot has no ball measurement. It's accuracy is ok in measuring some club parameters but flop vs thin vs shank etc will not be measured well at all. It's a good starter system but has some shortcomings. Th reason toe shots go right is because the club face is measured as open and the ball estimation is to th right. Without any ball measurements ie speed, lunch angle, horizontal azumuth and finally spin, the ball flight will be completely estimated based on the club data. For perfectly struck shots that's ok. As the shot gets worse, the results get less accurate.

veryold:
    It seems to me, systems like the Optishot and P3proswing were originally intended to be swing analyzers. They are reasonable accurate for what they do and are fairly inexpensive when compared to systems like GC2. They do not measure ball flight info, therefore do have limitations.

Still, they can be very useful to help improve ones game. In the case of P3proswing, the club information, swing path, face impact and angle of attack are fairly accurate. I have played on the Optishot, but will let those folks comment on it. The P3proswing has an interface that allows folks to see videos of their swings. These videos are limited to 30 fps, but even that rate will give you get a ton of game and swing improvement information.

One can have issues with lighting and reflection, but I found these easy to fix. I have zero issues with lighting and reflections and I have a huge window in the room I use. The sensor has to be cleaned every now and then. Also, the clubs need to be taped accurately with reflective tape to get good results.

Optishot and P3proswing have made these swing analyzers into simulators and both have online play. It's great fun to play golf with folks all over the world.

P3proswing has made a lot of improvements over the last couple/three years, and they are still making improvements. They are currently working with us users to get the ball flight as real as possible given the limitations of their sensors. They have included settings in the software that allow beginners to learn and have fun while they improve, a very nice touch. They have a ways to go, but things are looking better all the time.

Hi Stonebattle

I am really obliged to you for your extremely generous help - very much appreciated.
    Here is a copy of my post in the other thread (just for convenience, hope people won't mind this):

"After "studying" this subject some more, I am convinced that (IMHO) only these two parameters are really important to know:

1) FACE orientation at impact
    2) Club head PATH at impact.

For checking the point of impact on a clubface, a bit of Painters Tape will do the job. And in addition, if you are not making contact near the sweet spot on a consistant basis, testing your swing on any simulator is pointless ?

Agree or disagree ?

Cheers."

I answered in the other thread. Anyway, no I don't agree.

Veryold, let's not duplicate posts. See th othe thread for this question. Stone and I have answered there. Let's not hijack the thread from the op who is looking for both club and ball here.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Veryold, let's not duplicate posts. See th othe thread for this question. Stone and I have answered there. Let's not hijack the thread from the op who is looking for both club and ball here.
    Got it, and sorry - will be more considerate from now on !
    Cheers

No issues.

Thread Information