CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!

LF: Travel Agent

Looking to head to Vegas the first or second week in October and want the best deal possible. Tried the online thing and way too many options to sort through. We need a hotel (needs to be 4 star plus with a nice pool for my sister-in-law) and flight package. Preference is to stay on the strip. Can anyone help me out?

Consistently present SnazzyD is on a distinguished road
    There are often super hot deals to Vegas, in the $400 all-in range, but you have to be a bit flexible and act fast. I found just such a deal this past summer but we had to get a certain hotel and ended up paying 2-3x what we might have gotten away with.

You can't go too far wrong with any of the hotels on the strip, but it does depend a bit on what amenities you want. We enjoyed New York New York in August - good location, fairly nice pool and the roller coaster and New York style restaurant area were fun. If it's pools that's #1, Mandalay Bay is pretty sweet - it's also one of the cleaner, straighter hotels to stay out. Lots of business conferences are hosted there, and it's all marble and polish....until the night falls, of course.

Ping me for more info if you want - even on the off-strip attractions (Grand Canyon, golf, etc.) I just went through this whole "thing" last month...

p.s. Since this is a golf site, I'll say that the TaylorMade Experience Center (formerly the Callaway Experience Center, just 10 minutes South of the strip) is a very nice driving range with a variety of well kept greens to shoot at, and two levels to hit from. Whether you are just hitting on the range, or choose to play the 9-hole course that rings the driving range (it's only $20!), it's very nice that the rental clubs on offer are the newer RBZ irons and drivers, etc. I took my kids for their first ever round there - other than the 100 degree heat, it was great.

We killed time in a grand way while the ladies were at the South something-or-other Outlet Mall, but call for a taxi early - we waited an hour somehow which was a serious buzz kill...

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Just a heads up Geoff. Pools close in Vegas between the first and second week of October......My friend lives there, and his wife works for a company that owns many of the hotels on the strip. This is the info I just received.

So that being said, I wouldn't worry much about the pool..

Consistently present SnazzyD is on a distinguished road
    Mandalay Bay pools were open at the end of October when I was staying there for a business conference, but that was about 4 years ago. If it's a deal-breaker for some of those in the party, I'd just ask directly before booking...

Just pulled this text from a website, also estimating what my friend's wife mentioned.

"Vegas Pool Closing Dates
    While the dates below are not guaranteed, these are pretty close approximations to when each of the pools will be closing their doors for the summer. These dates below are strictly the Vegas pool parties; the hotel pools stay open in Vegas through about the middle of October depending on the whether!

Vegas Pool Party Closing Dates

Bare Pool 10/15

Daylight Beach Club 10/14

Encore Beach Club 10/05

Liquid Pool 10/14

Marquee Dayclub 10/13

Rehab Pool Party 10/13

Tao Beach 10/06

Wet Republic around October 13th

This is also an excerpt from a website.... Probably explains why the pool was open at Mandalay Bay when you went...

"Mandalay Bay keeps one of their pools open year round and keeps it heated to 80 degrees"

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Bellagio pool is also open 12 months / year
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Thread Information