I believe that the length of the club determines the type of swing required.

If your hybrid club was designed to replace a mid iron, say a 5i, it would be wise to have the hybrid at the same length as the club your are replacing. Then, all you have to do is play the ball in the same place in your stance, provided it is the correct position to begin with.

If it's a 3H, one would normally take a little wider stance than a 5i/5h because of the added length, at the same time, keeping the ball in the same position in your stance giving you the feeling that the ball is further up than before, but in reality, it is in the same spot. having said that, you should still be hitting down and through thus taking somewhat of a divot.

Hybrids are misunderstood by a lot of golfers. They come in may different length and loft combinations with the OEM's trying to out duel each other for length supremacy. I have seen hybrids stamped "3'' with 19* loft and 41'' long. That would be in line with the distance of a 5w almost ! And yes, as previously posted, a down and through swing is still required, even for this length.

Choose your hybrids based on requirements, not on how far you can hit it.

Hybrids are designed to be easy to hit replacements for the irons you are not able to, so why would a club head designer create something that required a whole new set of fundamentals to hit them. Doesn't make sense.