CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    "Richard"

To play or not to play... that is the question

Booked at the canadian today. Its goingt or ain, there is standing water and some of my friends canceled already. Should I play or should I cancel? Should I cart or should I walk? I've never played in the rain or in really wet conditions before

bbad
    playing in the rain is an entirely differnt animal - expecially when it's cold. It can be a real test on your oveall game - how well do you trust your swing and your ability to concentrate under adverse conditions.

You might as well get used to playing in the rain - you eventually will have to for sometype of competition. To prepare, I suggest the following: a VERY good rainsuit. Any cheap rainsuit that costs less then 2-3 hundred will probably just keep you wet and cold (miserable) and a pair of rainproof shoes. The FootJoy's are very good at keeping you dry. Also, raingloves are amazing - worth their weight in gold, but DO NOT PLAY WITH THEM IN ANYTHING BUT THE RAIN - YOU'LL RUIN THEM.

Have fun

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    I'd cancel........just had some huge winds and blew my patio set umbrella about 30 feet...of course I should have closed the umbrella.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    Booked at the canadian today. Its goingt or ain, there is standing water and some of my friends canceled already. Should I play or should I cancel? Should I cart or should I walk? I've never played in the rain or in really wet conditions before
    Sounds like you're a bit like me. Really eager to play...

My regular partner bailed on me on Wednesday, and again today. I was perfectly willing to go out and test the elements, but alas have no car...

LMK if you're ever looking for a "non-fair weather" friend...

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

"Richard"
    hey dan, yeah I'm to eagre. But the canadian closed anyway so wouldn't have been able to play

Thread Information