CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar

Bay of Qinte or Royal Laurentian

Hi fellas--trying to do a golf getaway with 6 couples---what do you figure is better value for the $$$ Royal Laurentian twice or Black Bear and Trillium Woods--once each. Played RL several times but never BB or TW
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Hi fellas--trying to do a golf getaway with 6 couples---what do you figure is better value for the $$$ Royal Laurentian twice or Black Bear and Trillium Woods--once each. Played RL several times but never BB or TW
    I've never played RL so can't comment on that. TW is a great layout and I am told BBR is even better. I will be playing it in a month. Of course you are pretty much staying in Belleville which isn't all that exciting.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Consistently present bobbyc is on a distinguished road bobbyc's Avatar
    Myself and friends have made the trek to play BBR for the last 6 years. ClubLink quality in a public course love it . Got rained out at TW last week but planning on going to play it next week. I hear from a friend it is excellent and he prefers it to BBR. It better be good !!! Never played the others you mentioned.

Need a Caddy jmwhite is on a distinguished road jmwhite's Avatar
    I'd rather spend a weekend in the Tremblant area than in the Belleville area. During the evenings there is always something going on a Mont Tremblant. RL also has nice big chalets to rent right on the golf course.

Ace TWoody is on a distinguished road TWoody's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmwhite View Post
    I'd rather spend a weekend in the Tremblant area than in the Belleville area. During the evenings there is always something going on a Mont Tremblant. RL also has nice big chalets to rent right on the golf course.
    You just have to look else where besides the strip clubs.

http://www.theempiretheatre.com/
    Member of the TGN Team
    MEMBER OF THE 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

3 Wood eyeping is on a distinguished road eyeping's Avatar
    Also look at playing Timber Ridge as a back up course if one of your selections is not available. Just down the 401.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmwhite View Post
    We just got back from 3 days in tremblant - played 36 holes at Royal Laurentiens on Saturday still made it in before darkness. The course is in great shape, service is excellent and weather was outstanding.

BTW ... we were 9 guys and we rented in the Quebecois chalet on top of the hill across form the course for 2 nights with 2 breakfasts (6 bedrooms / full kitchen / pool table / BBQ with Hottub outside overlooking golf course plus fire pits and badminton net that we didn't use LOL)
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Ace TWoody is on a distinguished road TWoody's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eyeping View Post
    Also look at playing Timber Ridge as a back up course if one of your selections is not available. Just down the 401.
    Unfortunately not in good shape this year. They suffered some winter damaged that has not come back.
    Member of the TGN Team
    MEMBER OF THE 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    Some friends golfed a round at Trillium and Black Bear. They commented that their next trip would be golfing two rounds at Black Bear instead of one round at each of them.

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    Don't get me wrong Black Bear is a great course , better than TW re: elevation change and a bit more wow factor. I played both in June and I much preferred the greens at Trillium. I also found the service to be superior at TW, not to mention the cost was 2/3 of what it cost me to play BB. Just my preference.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Played Royal Laurentian today---was in excellent shape---they have made quite a few improvements to the course--enlarged a couple of greens--new tee boxes on some holes--removed some of the trees at the rear of some greens---was worth the $$$. It was 1 hr 40 minutes via 323 and is 158 Km from Beacon Hill.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Both are good courses, if you are looking for things to do outside of golf, like go out for a nice dinner, etc.... I would go to Royal Laurentian as you can go to nice restaurants, pubs, etc. in the village. you can play Le Diable as well as other courses that are near by.

8 Iron manotick is on a distinguished road
    Just came back from a package Royal Laurentien offered at the the golf show....3 rounds, 2 nights, breakfast for about $300. Excellent value. The course was in great shape and we went out every morning at 7:30 and had the course to ourselves. Lots of nice landscaping and different holes with different elevations. Like others said, lots to do in the area as Tremblant is only 20 minutes up the highway and we had a couple of nice dinners in St. Jovite which is even closer. One day we played Royal Laurentien in the morning and Le Maitre in the afternoon.

Thread Information