CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    8 Iron p3prouser is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Msuzippy View Post
    About what we figured. I want to hear about their SIM plans.

Where did you get that price?
    Andy allen, a vice president. All he told me about sim was there will be options available. Said will give more info closer to product launch next month.

he said launch angle detection is 55 degrees. U think that will be an issue?

7 Wood Msuzippy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by p3prouser View Post
    Andy allen, a vice president. All he told me about sim was there will be options available. Said will give more info closer to product launch next month.

I think my gap wedge (51 deg) launches at about 26 degrees. My sand wedge (56 deg) launches at around 28. I've never measured my lob wedge, but it can't be much more than 30. So I can't imagine a 55 degree limitation would ever be a problem.
    Last edited by Msuzippy; 08-25-2014 at 12:39 AM.

Lob Wedge heynow is on a distinguished road
    Glad to hear it is supposed to launch next month, but is it going to launch without registering putts?

Lob Wedge Tomukas1 is on a distinguished road
    next month lunch is great news, much faster than simtech, and cheaper. Now accuracy and simulation ability is most interesting

Lob Wedge dt2511 is on a distinguished road
    promotional pricing will be $1495. what do you guys think?
    Any info on timeline to submit orders or what will be included as far as SW functionality in this price? Ive been holding off on a GC2, mostly curious to know what's included for the $1500 and what's coming in the future so i can make a data-driven comparison between skytrak and GC2.

Thanks!

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Msuzippy View Post
    I think my gap wedge (51 deg) launches at about 26 degrees. My sand wedge (56 deg) launches at around 28. I've never measured my lob wedge, but it can't be much more than 30. So I can't imagine a 55 degree limitation would ever be a problem.
    I hit the ball very high and on my GC2 I never got higher than 50 for LA, and that's usually a super bunker flop that hits my ceiling mats.

Thats reassuring about the LA detection.

All I know is it will launch with ios with android planned to come later in the year. No putting detection at product launch but will be available in the future but he didnt specify when. Sim options available but didnt desxribe further. He said he will provide more info closer to launch. Anyone else have any more info?
    Last edited by p3prouser; 08-25-2014 at 09:46 PM.

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    I'd be very hesitant to get a new product like this if your goal is golf simulation. Proven companies seem to take a long time to get SIM software released, I can't imagine how long this one will take to find a partner, or even create their own software. I have no inside knowledge but if SIM play is your goal, I wouldn't count on future 'promises'. Look at FSX or E6II, the list probably goes on.

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road

I just tried to hit some major flop shots on the GC2 and I did get some that read 57 deg but that was as wide open as I could get and a hard swing. Most flop shots were less than the 55 deg (more in the 50 range) that they say they can detect so I don't think it will be an issue either.

Too bad that the placement of the ball needs to be on the same spot, as that will create a wear spot a lot quicker, but then again with the money you save you can buy a lot of hitting mats.

Putting would be an issue if they don't find a way to do it and as far as software, I assume this was the one that was tested with protee software so one would think that would be an option and with the new Golfclub Game option with protee, you might be ok. But I would also make sure first.

you can always move lunch monitor few inches...

Pitching Wedge JJSmith is on a distinguished road

E6 on Skytrak

e6 software, complete package, 4800$, so i'll wait on news about simtech and perfect parallel

Quote Originally Posted by Tomukas1 View Post
    e6 software, complete package, 4800$, so i'll wait on news about simtech and perfect parallel
    Skylark told me they have not discussed a final price for e6 yet.

Par Dax is on a distinguished road
    $4,800 is the price for the current software version. No idea if they have changed what they were thinking e6ii would cost, but in January I was told it would be a $2k upgrade. I have sent two emails to Truegolf for information, but they have only added my email to their marketing team to send me updates and don't seem interested in responding to my questions.

Sand Wedge DGThread is on a distinguished road
    This whole sim industry is very slow moving I am finding...

any new updates?

Par Kball is on a distinguished road
    Amen to the slow moving part. I am constantly amazed at all the "new" items that are in a "coming soon" mode for months and in some cases years.

1 Iron FaultyClubs is on a distinguished road
    Exactly kball, and then after "coming soon" for years many never materialize or underwhelm when they do.

The Skytrak is a good example, hyped for about a year and finally it is here but we can't even play a round of golf with it. Maybe someday but not soon, and it likely will be overpriced when and if that happens.

I check the boards every six months or so to see if anything affordable has come along to replace my Optishot. But even with six month intervals I'm way oversampling the rate of progress.

I thought the Skytrak will be able to be used with E6?

I don't feel like waiting until next summer for something to happen... Going to wait a few more weeks and then I guess I will be going for a GC2. I just prey they pull it together and E6ii doesn't come out looking amazing right after I commit to Foresight. I just need to see some FSX course action to know for sure. If they would just join the E6 party I would have way more confidence even If I had to buy FSX to play it.

Been working hard on my set up these past few weeks. Just got it done tonight but I must admit without this forum, I would almost feel like golf sims for the home didn't exist.

Skytrak is my last hope it seems but new technology from china makes me worry a little...

Ba2
    Quote Originally Posted by DGThread View Post
    I thought the Skytrak will be able to be used with E6?

I don't feel like waiting until next summer for something to happen... Going to wait a few more weeks and then I guess I will be going for a GC2. I just prey they pull it together and E6ii doesn't come out looking amazing right after I commit to Foresight. I just need to see some FSX course action to know for sure. If they would just join the E6 party I would have way more confidence even If I had to buy FSX to play it.

Been working hard on my set up these past few weeks. Just got it done tonight but I must admit without this forum, I would almost feel like golf sims for the home didn't exist.

Skytrak is my last hope it seems but new technology from china makes me worry a little...
    The technology is not Chinese.

Oh? Was under the impression that's where it was from, my bad...

Ba2
    Quote Originally Posted by DGThread View Post
    Oh? Was under the impression that's where it was from, my bad...
    There is nothing wrong with the Chinese tech btw. Some of the best engineers I have worked with are Chinese.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Agree!

Par Dax is on a distinguished road
    Totally agree, I travel to a China often and suspect many who travel there for the first time would be amazed at what it is like.

Nothing racial, just makes me question customer service, repairs, shipping ect when dealing over sea's...

7 Wood dvshx is on a distinguished road
    Sorry dude we beta testers signed off an NDA. The accuracy is really something on this little machine. Lets leave it at that for now.

Sand Wedge hks8888 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    http://sky-trak.com/pdf/s_t_compare_140315.pdf

Their comparison to Trackman.....any thoughts?
    I just found this forum and heard about SkyTrak. I have been using Accusport Vector Pro (manual setup) and looking for this kind of product with a reasonable price. Probably $1,500 ball park sounds reasonable to me.
    Regarding accuracy, if compared to Trackman, 90% accuracy in a consistent manner will be great because it is not an apple to apple comparison.

Lob Wedge dynax9xi is on a distinguished road
    Are you not happy with the vector pro? I've been tinkering around with the vector pro. After the initial setup misunderstanding on my part, the unit works well. I was glade that I didn't have to make room for the Trackman/flightscope. I couldn't justify the GC2 knowing that the skytrak is comming out.

Sand Wedge hks8888 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by dynax9xi View Post
    Are you not happy with the vector pro? I've been tinkering around with the vector pro. After the initial setup misunderstanding on my part, the unit works well. I was glade that I didn't have to make room for the Trackman/flightscope. I couldn't justify the GC2 knowing that the skytrak is comming out.
    Hi,

I am 70% happy. It is a manual (no auto) microlense adjustment unit, so it takes some time to set up. Once set up, it is quite accurate. Its numbers match my ball flights in realty quite enough. I know distance seems 10% farther than realty, so when I practice at home with the machine, I always take it into consideration.
    The real issue for me is that it doesn't register my wedge shots. I also tinkered around a lot, but couldn't make it work.

So, I am really excited about SkyTrak. Hope it satisfy my expectations.

Lob Wedge dynax9xi is on a distinguished road
    I am waiting on the skytrak review also. If it doesn't fit my needs, I'll modify the trigger circuit on the vector pro to use IR or a directional external mic. I took the vector pro apart and didn't really like the mic trigger design. They really should take advantage of the case design to channel to sound signal into the mic similar to a parabolic listening device.

Putter CrisPy3 is on a distinguished road
    Newbie alert... I've spent the past week reading through the threads and it appears I'm zero'ing in on the SkyTrak. One question, are there room limitations with it? I'm most likely going to set this up in one of my garage bays (3 car).

Thread Information