CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    You might appreciate a hardwire connection if it would reduce the shot to show time....

Putter diesel1 is on a distinguished road
    I received my skytrak this morning, after three failed attempts to get it to connected to my home wifi I called for tech support. As the tech on the phone tells me he has never even seen one of the systems before, I instantly thought they released this thing too early. After about a half hour of trouble shooting I asked if the unit can be reset...FYI. It can be by using a toothpick to depress the center brass fitting on the bottom of the unit. Problem solved!! Now on to hitting, after six swings I realize that the shot show is inverted. I'm left handed, so the spin indicator shows draw spin but the ball flight shows a fade. As a lefty I know I'm in the minority, but come on, you would think this would have been something they tested before they released this thing. I have a call into skytrak's engineer and should from them tomorrow. Anyone else out there having the same issue??

Sand Wedge hks8888 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel1 View Post
    I received my skytrak this morning, after three failed attempts to get it to connected to my home wifi I called for tech support. As the tech on the phone tells me he has never even seen one of the systems before, I instantly thought they released this thing too early. After about a half hour of trouble shooting I asked if the unit can be reset...FYI. It can be by using a toothpick to depress the center brass fitting on the bottom of the unit. Problem solved!! Now on to hitting, after six swings I realize that the shot show is inverted. I'm left handed, so the spin indicator shows draw spin but the ball flight shows a fade. As a lefty I know I'm in the minority, but come on, you would think this would have been something they tested before they released this thing. I have a call into skytrak's engineer and should from them tomorrow. Anyone else out there having the same issue??
    I received my unit yerterday also. It worked almost flawlessly for me. I am right handed so I am sorry I can't help, but i noticed there are two laser beam slots and I thought the other one is for left handed golfers. There might be some settings to change?? Obviously, the company didn't provide enough documentations, which should be addressed. By the way, thanks for the info on how to reset the hardware. It would be very useful when needed.

7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road
    I know when you go into one of the settings, it asks for either right or left handed. Can't remember where off hand though which screen it was on.

So the shot shape is correct on screen, just the spin numbers are negative instead of positive? Or it says draw when it was technically a fade for you?

Or is the actually shot shape incorrect?

For any of you who don't follow the other forum as well, i would check your distances on your shorter clubs. Some of us are having issues with carry distance. You can check your readings against the Flightscope website.

Putter diesel1 is on a distinguished road
    So here is a picture of a shot I tried to overcook ( a draw for me) all arrows point to the right but the ball is going left. I can tell you without a doubt this shot was a pretty big hook/draw. I'm a 5 and for the most part can tell when I hit a hook. We'll see what the engineer says today.IMG_1095.JPG

5 Iron skyeoh is on a distinguished road
    Guys I received my and I powered her up for a few shots with the short irons and lob wedge.
    I am pretty happy with the lob wedge yardages. My typical lob on course is ~50yd and it did drop it at 50 yds but backspins a yard or two back. That is understandable as I am hitting off a mat and is able to put a bunch of back spin on the ball. On the golf course more likely I will be landing it 50 yds spot-on.

What puzzles and hell out of me and impresses me is its ability to pick up 99% of all my shots. I probably hit 150+ shots and only had 2 miss hits. One that shanked low and right and another that I topped it low. I had the old Vector Pro in my past life and that POS is a hit or miss. Aren't they using similar technology except that the Vector Pro uses sound to trigger the cameras.....what triggers the SkyTrak cameras?

Skyeoh-I agree on picking up shots. So far it's at 100% for me. I've used this the last three days and i am quite impressed with that. Have you tried your pitching wedge for a full shot? Does it carry as far as you normally believe it to be on the course? If you get a chance, try inputting the numbers on the flightscope website and compare. You have to play with the side angle until you get it close to the side spin that is shown on skytrak. In the other forum, they just stated that they recognize there is an issue with high spin shots on wedges and short irons. Good thing is it's measuring correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by wbond View Post
    Skyeoh-I agree on picking up shots. So far it's at 100% for me. I've used this the last three days and i am quite impressed with that. Have you tried your pitching wedge for a full shot? Does it carry as far as you normally believe it to be on the course? If you get a chance, try inputting the numbers on the flightscope website and compare. You have to play with the side angle until you get it close to the side spin that is shown on skytrak. In the other forum, they just stated that they recognize there is an issue with high spin shots on wedges and short irons. Good thing is it's measuring correctly.
    Exactly, I would not fret about this. I'm sure an update will be made to improve the ball flight model for high spin/LA shots.

See it as an opportunity to practice your long game!

Question: the SkyTrak software asks me to "Activate Now". Does anyone knows if the Improvement Package expires after 12 months?
    What does Activate now do for me????

i tried the wedge and yes it is quite short.....off by 10-15 yards. there is so much backspin on my wedge shots that it rolls back by 3 yards which is unreal. most of my wedge shots rolls forward on the course......

That said SkyTrak is releasing an update 1.7 soon and 1.8 after Xmas to address these errors.

Putter Turtlehead is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by skyeoh View Post
    i tried the wedge and yes it is quite short.....off by 10-15 yards. there is so much backspin on my wedge shots that it rolls back by 3 yards which is unreal. most of my wedge shots rolls forward on the course......
    My wedge shots today were pretty spot on (from the targets on the range I was at, within a couple yards) But some of the ball backing up vs. rolling out was questionable from what was actually happening on the range.

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    I wonder if they'll ever add sliders like protee.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlehead View Post
    My wedge shots today were pretty spot on (from the targets on the range I was at, within a couple yards) But some of the ball backing up vs. rolling out was questionable from what was actually happening on the range.
    That is the exact output too for me except my shots (carry length) were off and when you put in the back roll they were really OFF!! That said I understand SkyTrak is working this out with the 1.7 in Dec and 1.8 after new year releases.

Overall a pretty decent launch monitor, light years from the Vector Pro. Only 2 more additions: an alternate OS option (Windows/Android) and a simulators package to come with it will make this a nice home unit.

I would like to see something where you can set the yardage vs having to move the slider. Also, I hope they fix the club selection on the main screen, even if you change your clubs, it doesn't show up there. Have any of you tried doing the target challenge at about 50 yds. It appears to be way zoomed out and you can barely see where the shot lands.

I would like to see something where you can set the yardage vs having to move the slider. Also, I hope they fix the club selection on the main screen, even if you change your clubs, it doesn't show up there. Have any of you tried doing the target challenge at about 50 yds. It appears to be way zoomed out and you can barely see where the shot lands.
    Ah yes. I tried changing the clubs but they don't add. Thought that was because I have yet activated the software....now let the truth be told.
    I am not sure if the club loft matters but having that functionality to tweak would help if you happen to play stronger or weaker clubs from standard.

Putter ROH is on a distinguished road
    Okay, got mine this week and had a chance to start it up today. First, a thank you to ghopper8 for sharing the discount code. Second, I got the unit, but not the net/mat I ordered with it, so I'm a bit frustrated I can't use it at home.

I took it to my club and hit it indoors while the Flightscope was running. Preliminary results were pretty good. Ball speed and launch angles were always very close. My carry on iron shots was always longer on the skytrak compared to the fs. The only large differences were in the spin. The skytrak consistently read lower spin, which I assume accounted for the longer carry. Direction of shot always matched. Overall, happy so far as I just wanted some way to hit balls over the winter with some reasonable feedback.

I wanted to do a side by side outside with the fs tomorrow, but they are calling for wind chills in the 20's and I think you need white balls for the skytrak and our range uses yellow. May be worth a try anyway. I'll post something up if I do try it.

Cheers.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Skytrak works well with yellow balls.

bkcorwin
    I'd imagine the cameras are black and white for the increased sharpness.

Putter sb2.2z28 is on a distinguished road
    I received my Skytrak at the end of last week, and have played around with it some the last few days. IMO it seems very accurate, but am happy to see they will be making some updates to the app in the near future. One question I have..... People have said they got some type of email from Skytrak or Skygolf to register the product, and that you need to follow the link in the email to do so. When does this email get sent? After I ordered the item the only email I received was a shipping notification.

Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road
    This is the delay?!? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JdTX3xGiiY

I thought the shot was already read it was so long lol And the flight path of the ball was super choppy.

Is this just a fluke video??

With that view my ball flight is also a little choppy. When you do the static view from behind, it appears smoother. Anyone else notice this.
    Quote Originally Posted by golfun View Post
    This is the delay?!? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JdTX3xGiiY

I thought the shot was already read it was so long lol And the flight path of the ball was super choppy.

Is this just a fluke video??

I am using an iPad Air 2 and the view is pretty smooth for the ball flight. Delay was acceptable....enough time for me to pick up the ball, position it again and view the flight path.

Been hitting more balls and noticed my mid irons are coming in short or the ball spin is much higher than normal. That said I have nothing to benchmark it against and not sure if it is my swing or the unit. Much has been documented on the short irons ground effect and back spins/roll and I believe SkyTrak is working on a software update soon.

The software is very arcade compared to the Vector pro and has much room to improve.

With that view my ball flight is also a little choppy. When you do the static view from behind, it appears smoother. Anyone else notice this.
    I saw some choppy simulation after several hours of running my Ipad mini 2. I ended up rebooting mini 2 and it got back to normal.
    I don't know how the guy in the youtube video connect the ipad to the projector, but I heard 'airplay' slows things down.
    Last edited by hks8888; 12-08-2014 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sb2.2z28 View Post
    I received my Skytrak at the end of last week, and have played around with it some the last few days. IMO it seems very accurate, but am happy to see they will be making some updates to the app in the near future. One question I have..... People have said they got some type of email from Skytrak or Skygolf to register the product, and that you need to follow the link in the email to do so. When does this email get sent? After I ordered the item the only email I received was a shipping notification.
    I received my SkyTrak on Dec. 3rd and the email on Dec. 4th.
    You better check with the chatting representative if you still didn't receive it.

Quote Originally Posted by hks8888 View Post
    I received my SkyTrak on Dec. 3rd and the email on Dec. 4th.
    You better check with the chatting representative if you still didn't receive it.

I received mine on the 4th. I have looked back at my email between the time i ordered until today, and do not see anything. Does this email contain personal info about the purchase, or just a link where you can enter your info. If it is just a link is some one willing to forward the email to me?

I received mine on the 4th. I have looked back at my email between the time i ordered until today, and do not see anything. Does this email contain personal info about the purchase, or just a link where you can enter your info. If it is just a link is some one willing to forward the email to me?
    It includes a Serial Number of your own skytrak, so it would be difficult to forward it.
    Again, better check with the chatting rep or check with the other forum for information.

What is the exact email address that the registration was sent from? If I know that I can check my email again. I can try the chat deal, but I have not seen anyone that has had success doing so.

What is the exact email address that the registration was sent from? If I know that I can check my email again. I can try the chat deal, but I have not seen anyone that has had success doing so.
    SkyGolf <noreply@skygolf.com>
    Apparently, there were some including me who activated it. However, the activation process is bit confusing. Even if I did, my Skygolf's account page shows that the game improvement package has expired on 12/04/14. I talked with a chatting rep about it and I was told that the expiration message can be ignored.

Thread Information