CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: High end balls

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    I might be confused about your post, but if your at the white stake then you have 150 yrds to the hole. You do not subtract the 150 yrd from the origunal, the 210 would have been your drive. Also there should be red stakes that will let you know that you have 100 yds left and there are even blue ones for the 200 yd. If you ball is past the marker just walk it off, your stride will be approx 1 yard and will give you an approx range. EX. Ball lands past the Red Stake, you walk off 15 paces to your ball. You have 85 yd to the center of the green. Now if the flag is at the front or back, just add or subtract an approx amount say 5 yds. This is not going to be dead on, but I doubt that many can hit any of their clubs an exact distance anyway.
    Denny

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    hey dan, I'm getting better. I shot a 96 today at the canadian. i was really happy with that. Its my bunker play and my short game that is killing me. Something i have no clue how far something else. One of the holes at the canadian today.. I pulled out a 4 iron and hit it about 190, dead straight.. the probem was that I only need to go about 165 to have a clear shot around the dog leg and at the hole. Lost my ball in some trees. I have no clue how to tell how far soemthing is if there is no white stick up ahead. If the hole is 360 and I can see the white stick then I know I'm still 210 to the white stick. But under 100 yards, I have no clue where I am. I just swing and hope I'm close. I am not to worried about balls right now, althought I did play the whole round with only 5 balls
    Scoring is probably where the type of ball you use will likely have the biggest impact. I find the more expensive balls have a better "bite" on chip shots because it's easier to get them backspinning. My short game has improved dramatically since last season, and I can trace it back to when I bought 5 dozen balls of varying brands. They were all good balls, and shaping my short shots became much easier.

I also find I prefer a softer feeling ball for putting, which is the strongest part of my game. Something about not really hearing the contact...

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

7 Iron HiG4s is on a distinguished road
    I bought a dozen Precept U-tri tours,,, $29 more than I really want to spend on balls, but they are real soft around the green and putting. I love them. I played 9 this morning before going to work. Didn't really score any better than usual, my chipping has sucked lately. Partly the feel of the ball, and partly the idea the cost so much and my whole goal today was to play 9 with the same ball. Almost. lost one on 8. I did pretty well everywhere but my chipping. got a 49. lost at least 5 strokes to bad pitching/chipping. But the few times I swung right, the ball was nice, dropped soft and stayed. Actually pitched one up over a hill to downsloping green and stopped it much quicker then I thought it could.

as far as distance, they seem about the same off the driver as the cheaper balls, but a little longer off the irons. I went over a couple of greens today with my approach.

Thread Information