100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    5 Wood Pine View is on a distinguished road Pine View's Avatar
    Pine View members have no weekend restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    Hopefully you will remove weekend restrictions
    This is not the Pine View you remember from years gone by. Come back and see what we have done and what we have in store for the future - www.pineview.com

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pine View View Post
    Pine View members have no weekend restrictions.
    Corporate golf,golf extra ,reservation masters and golf xtra members do

Not everyone wants to play a weekend round after 11
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    How lucky I was! Purchased one of the original lifetime memberships at Greensmere for $12,500. I go there to play roughly 100 times a year so for the 13 years that the club has been in operation, my per round cost is close to $10 over that time, and which will drop as time goes on. Living across March Road from the club, my transportation costs might be a couple of tanks of gas. I do play other courses over the season, in OVGA events, various invitational tournaments and as a green fee player, to satisfy a desire to play other courses.

I love the challenge and beauty of the Legacy course and the back nine of the Premiere course so boredom is never a factor. The gamble is putting down a large sum of money before a shovel was put into the ground, sure has paid off, and those who did are very thankful.

I do agree with the original poster that some sort of workable reciprocal agreement between clubs, would not only encourage golfers in becoming members, but enable them to enjoy other courses.

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by 4jag View Post
    That's because joining a private course is much more than just a cost per round calculation. Golf at a private course means that golf is not just 9 or 18 holes. If I have a spare hour I can go hit a quick bucket, play 3 or 5 or 12 holes - no problem. Or just go to the club and practice for 1/2 hour, grab a pint and shoot the sh&t with some of the guys and head home. Or just show up at 6pm and play a quick 18 in under 3 hours.

A private membership gives you much more flexibility in how you play golf. I probably play 18 holes at my course 35-45 times per year - but I go there 100+ times per year. Still many prospective members can't get past the cost per 18 holes calculation.
    I agree with this 100%. I'm at hunt club five times a week, but have only played 25 rounds of 18 holes.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    I agree with this 100%. I'm at hunt club five times a week, but have only played 25 rounds of 18 holes.
    How is the course shaping up?

I'm in the same boat as you. I often go twice in one day, as I may today. Played 18 this morning, and will most likely head out for dinner with the family tonight. Sometimes I'll just go play nine.

In any case...hard to argue with guys who have a certain mindset...

This is a thread about membership at a golf course, not membership in a frequent player program.

Corporate golf,golf extra ,reservation masters and golf xtra members do
    Not everyone wants to play a weekend round after 11
    We are working on an arrangement to allow members to play a variety of other courses for a nominal fee.
    This is not the Pine View you remember from years gone by. Come back and see what we have done and what we have in store for the future - www.pineview.com

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    This is a thread about membership at a golf course, not membership in a frequent player program.

We are working on an arrangement to allow members to play a variety of other courses for a nominal fee.
    Exactly! Personally I would be upset if discounters were able to snatch up our early tee times, that's a perk of being a member somewhere.

Are you charging the same price membership to your members as you would CG members? Your future arrangement is pretty much the same as a frequent player program. If your future arrangement allows your members to play another course at prime time the members from the other course will not appreciate.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by habsfan View Post
    Exactly! Personally I would be upset if discounters were able to snatch up our early tee times, that's a perk of being a member somewhere.

So if such a membership existed do you think you could play Outaouais at a discount rate at 8:30 on a Saturday morning?
    Mahatma Gandhi

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Txxxxxxx View Post
    How is the course shaping up?

I'm in the same boat as you. I often go twice in one day, as I may today. Played 18 this morning, and will most likely head out for dinner with the family tonight. Sometimes I'll just go play nine.

In any case...hard to argue with guys who have a certain mindset...
    The renovated west nine opens on Tuesday. It looks amazing! Club championship this weekend. Course is mint.

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    So if such a membership existed do you think you could play Outaouais at a discount rate at 8:30 on a Saturday morning?
    Look at initial post I addressed this issue, courses know their members tendencies and could make times available based on this, no I wouldn't expect an early time just like I don't at other Clublink courses that aren't my home course, you on the other hand don't seem to grasp the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by habsfan View Post
    Look at initial post I addressed this issue, courses know their members tendencies and could make times available based on this, no I wouldn't expect an early time just like I don't at other Clublink courses that aren't my home course, you on the other hand don't seem to grasp the concept.

I get the concept. You are a member and don't want to pay full pop when playing elsewhere because of your initial investment and because some courses other than your own add a little variety and on and on.

The hunt club has what's called reciprocal club privileges but the affiliated courses are not close by.
    https://www.ottawahuntclub.org/index_pub.php?p=33

They have something similar in Montreal at la Vallée du Richelieu for an extra 100 bucks but the choice of courses is limited
    http://www.valleedurichelieu.com/ind...d=9&Itemid=120 The Rivermead is one of them.

Same with Brockville:
    http://www.brockvillecountryclub.com/reciprocal.html

Plenty more if you search for it but none that offer all of the Ottawa courses. Either way the way I look at it what you are suggesting is just another type of
    frequent player program.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Not a frequent player programme , an affiliated course , programme .
    It would be dependant on how many courses reciprocate into the programme .
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    Not a frequent player programme , an affiliated course , programme .
    It would be dependant on how many courses reciprocate into the programme .

Agree with the terminology but in essence the same as a frequent player program with the restrictions and some dough up front.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Yeah , but you would need to be a full member at one of the specified courses , and i'm assuming this would not be something available to someone who is not and besides it would be an option to participate .
    Anyways this is all in theory and I'm not even a member at a course right now , so what am I even concerned about
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Makes 2 of us
    Mahatma Gandhi

Lob Wedge MERLE is on a distinguished road
    And Cedarhill is dropping out next year.

Here is what a local club offers to their members:

MEMBERSHIP FEES FOR 2014

ALL ANNUAL DUES INCLUDED, CLUB CARE ( VALUE OF 100.00$) AND A ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP AT golf xtra value of $299.
    Mahatma Gandhi

This is essentially what we will be offering. Early bird special will be available in September.

Here is what a local club offers to their members:

MEMBERSHIP FEES FOR 2014

ALL ANNUAL DUES INCLUDED, CLUB CARE ( VALUE OF 100.00$) AND A ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP AT golf xtra value of $299.

Thread Information