100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    5 Wood golferinmd is on a distinguished road

New Firmware for GC2?

Is it me or is there a new firmware update for the GC2? I think there is and has anyone tried it? Remember we had issues with the last update. What are the improvements?

5 Wood js1010 is on a distinguished road
    I loaded the new version about a week ago. I haven't had any issues.

Only change that I noticed was that it now shows a display of the ball and if it's in the gc2's zone of vision in the software itself (fsx only). Same sort of visual display that is on the gc2. Once ball is in the zone it goes away. I assume this was needed for the new gc2t that has no display screen.
    Last edited by js1010; 07-31-2014 at 09:21 PM.

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    For me 3.5.4.0 won't work when using the USB connection. I get random false hits and the ball backs up to only be inches away. Seems to mess up the driving range view as well. I use the older software for the range and course where it still gives the hint putt line and estimated ball speed.

When using the bluetooth it works fine. I have not tried to re install it yet but it could be just a glitch in the install.

It would be real nice to know what they change so you would know what to look for or if it is worth the update. If it were a ball flight update it would be hard to tell by just hitting balls unless you knew what to look for.

8 Iron col forbin is on a distinguished road
    I was hoping it was an update for the release of the FSX Play, but apparently it is not. There is still no confirmed release date for the course.

5 Wood js1010 is on a distinguished road
    Seems there is a new firmware today 3.7.0.0. - I haven't tried this yet. I also wish they would tell us what changed.

SFR, not working via Usb doesn't sound right. Mine definitely works via USB. You could try reloading same version or try even newer firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by js1010 View Post
    Seems there is a new firmware today 3.7.0.0. - I haven't tried this yet. I also wish they would tell us what changed.

SFR, not working via Usb doesn't sound right. Mine definitely works via USB. You could try reloading same version or try even newer firmware.
    Just did try to re install the 3.5.4.0 version and also tried the new 3.7.0.0. and they seem to do the same thing. Again I am using the older version of the interface where you see the ball hint line and suggested putt speed when putting. Again it works fine when I unplug the USB and just use the Bluetooth. Funny how this changed on the last couple updates.

I would rather use the Bluetooth anyway as doing it this way, you can see the numbers on the GC2 read out and not just rely on the info area of the software. When the USB cable is in you just get the eye on the display.

Just noticed something on the 3.7.0.0 firmware that where I used to be able to see the flash count and % of estimated use reading, it no longer was there but just looked like more patent numbers recorded.

I went back to the version just before 3.5.4.0 and not only does the USB cable work fine again but the flash info is back.

Has anyone else noticed that in this last update that you no longer get the flash count in the "about" menu?

Thread Information