CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter Michdmbfan is on a distinguished road

Looking for input on Room Dimensions

Hi,
    New to the forum (posting) but been reading for a bit. I know some will be upset that I haven't searched enough for this info, but I have been looking and finding various responses, so I hope to get some help, if anyone is willing.

I talked my wife into letting us put a simulator in the basement of our new home. The builder will be digging the floor an extra foot deeper in the segment that will be for the simulator. At this point, I have some flexibility to the room size.

We do hope to be able to watch movies in this space as well.

I will only be starting out with the Optishot, but will be buying something nicer like GC2 in the next 12-24 months.

My questions are, what are the recommended dimensions for the length and width? I am a lefty and have friends that are right handed, so I need to accommodate both.

Any input would be VERY appreciated. Obviously with the builder making a 'pit' for the extra height, I really only have one chance to get this right.

Thank you

3 Wood Golfmaxxx is on a distinguished road Golfmaxxx's Avatar
    Hey Mich, I have a garage 21'x 12' and the ceiling is 10'. It's only big enough for righties so you will need at least an 18'wide room . We watch movies all the way back on an 10' wide x 8.5 ' screen and it seems like the perfect distance. Your ceiling must be 10' min. Before you commit, you should take a driver in a room and slowly swing to test your dimensions. The optishot is alot of fun for the price !

Good luck and.cheers

Putter Michdmbfan is on a distinguished road
    Thank you for the input Golfmax. Made the change and the room will now be at least 18' wide. (probably more like 20') Any input about the depth? My buddy is challenging if 16' will be deep enough. His thinking was when you move forward enough to allow for a swing behind you, 1 foot between the screen and the back wall, you will only have 8-9' between the ball and the screen. Maybe that is enough, but I was hoping for input from some that already have a simulator setup.

3 Wood Golfmaxxx is on a distinguished road Golfmaxxx's Avatar
    Hey Mich, my hitting platform is about 9 feet away from my screen and we sit on a sofa about 11 feet behind the hitter which is plenty of room. Also my screen is about a foot and a half from my garage door with strong netting behind it and it absorbs the ball well.

Cheers

1 Iron AJA is on a distinguished road
    My 2 cents:

Look at the recommended ProTee dimensions here: http://csc.protee-united.com/entries...tor-dimensions

Take into account that the general recommendation for distance behind the impact screen is at least 12 inches, so add that to ProTee's recommended 19 feet.

If you want people to be seated behind you, etc, then add extra space for that as well.

The width recommended is also bare minimum, so go wider.

Finally, if you are building your own place, don't skimp on the available height for the sim set-up. I would go an extra 2 feet in depth (height) if at all possible. You don't get second chances, or at the very least the second go-round will be far more disruptive if you do have to dig deeper at a later date.

Treat the ProTee dimensions as the very bare minimum, and expand from there.

Good luck with the project.l

Thread Information