CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Le Sorcier

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karam
    Has nothing to do with being a wimp. I guaranty you that. I can play better than most in bad conditions but why not take the edge off if you can.
    In all honesty, I would say that in adverse weather, I'd rather walk than get soaker butt.

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Albatross bobjones59 is on a distinguished road bobjones59's Avatar
    Played there this morning for the first time and absolutely loved it. Cannot believe how green the fairways and greens were. Tons of elevation, colours must be outstanding during the fall. Staff was friendly and helpful. Rained the last few holes but otherwise a perfect start to the weekend. If the course is in this kind of condition now, it must be really spectacular when it's dry. There are many courses in the Ottawa/Hull area that never get as nice as this course is right now. Can't wait to go back.

beatnik58
    Just got back after a very wet round at Le Sorcier. WHAT A GEM THIS COURSE IS!! The course layout is a treat, the conditions are probably the best in the region, the service was fantastic, the prices are a bargain for what you get and I shot a personal best of 78. Life is good.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beatnik58
    Just got back after a very wet round at Le Sorcier. WHAT A GEM THIS COURSE IS!! The course layout is a treat, the conditions are probably the best in the region, the service was fantastic, the prices are a bargain for what you get and I shot a personal best of 78. Life is good.
    It is indeed
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Played it for the first time on Sunday. The course was very wet but considering the rain we hade the last week I guess it is normal. The greens were very slow. They were max 6 in the stimp.

The course is nice but there are a couple of things that I did not like:

1- The drainage is poor causing the tees to damage easily. Most tees are high but the water stays on them. That’s not a good thing.

2- I also noticed isolated puddles in some fairways. That’s not normal considering that there is a lot of rivers and creeks surrounding the course. Obviously, it has been raining for the last week or so but there is no reason for water to stay in the fairways in a mountain course like that. It is normal to see spongy wet spots but I am talking about huge puddles.

3- The base of the fairway is bleu clay. This is probably why It doesn’t drain easily. I spin the ball a lot so needless to say that I take divots. Most of my divots had half inch of soil and the rest was pure bleu clay. I wonder how hard it will be when it’s warm and very dry.

4- I was very surprised when repairing my ball marks on the greens. I was constantly touching crushed stone with my divot repair tool. This means that there is not a lot soil on the greens. Again, how is the ball going to react when its warm and dry.

Has anybody noticed this?

Although this seems very negative, I enjoyed the course immensely and would recommend it. The greens are in impeccable shape and some of the holes on the back nine are in my opinion on the top best holes in the region.

I look forward to play this course when it’s dry and when the greens are faster.

Mike
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Yes we did notice those things but didnt put much into it because of the amount of rain we have had lately. Other than the tees, the rest was in good conditions and greening up nicely. Have to remember they probably got rid of the snow later than we do in the city. I dont know many courses including (private courses) in this area that can handle this much rain. We'll wait and see how things are when they dry up with a little sun and wind this week.

Maybe so but the fact that there is not enough top soil in the fairways and on the greens makes me think that this course is going to be rock hard this summer.

Bogie Marmotte is on a distinguished road Marmotte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mberube
    Maybe so but the fact that there is not enough top soil in the fairways and on the greens makes me think that this course is going to be rock hard this summer.
    When I consider the experience in late August and early September last year, the fairways were much softer than the most of the other fairways in Aylmer and Gatineau (including Rivermead and Royal Ottawa). I was there on Monday, the drainage is very good except for hole no 3 where the fairway is very low and the drainage pond near the green is obviously filled at capacity. On the "back 11" drainage is much better, but after 13 days of rain, I would like to see a course that is not soken... some are flooded and not yet open.
    See you in mid July for a follow-up comment.
    [COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=2][FONT=Palatino Linotype]If you bury my ashes on a golf course, just make sure that they are out of bounds, that will be a natural continuation to my life[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

7 Iron lovemygolf is on a distinguished road
    I was wondering if you have to take a cart on this course, because when I went to their web site, they did not have pricing for a round without one.

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygolf
    I was wondering if you have to take a cart on this course, because when I went to their web site, they did not have pricing for a round without one.
    Carts are mandatory and trust me, take the cart. You must be in the best shape to walk that course.

Quote Originally Posted by mberube
    You must be in the best shape to walk that course.
    Not to mention 1/2 mountain goat capable of carrying someone clubs.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Just got back from my first round at Le Sorcier. I had photographed it just after seeding, and again last fall for the website, but this was my first chance to play it. I am very impressed. Looks and plays just great. Greens were slow today, but they will be cut shorther next week. The secret is out, Le Sorcier is awesome.

Yep

We played again this morning and the conditioning is just getting better by the week. The greens are holding balls and running true (albeit still a little on the slow side), but that will change as the season goes on. The fairways are well defined and dry except for a few roped off areas.

Two thumbs up to all the maintenance crew for doing an awsome job.

Ditto to all the staff, as you get that "resort" treatment from the get go.

Bogie Marmotte is on a distinguished road Marmotte's Avatar

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karam
    Not to mention 1/2 mountain goat capable of carrying someone clubs.
    With the price of oil going up, the sustainable soltion can very well be sicilian donkeys or the return to the caddies.
    [COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=2][FONT=Palatino Linotype]If you bury my ashes on a golf course, just make sure that they are out of bounds, that will be a natural continuation to my life[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Thread Information