CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Titlesit

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar

New Titlesit

Just picked up a new 905T wondered if anyone else bought one, and how they like it? I will send some feed back after I get hitting it a bit more...thnx

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Picked mine up yesterday from CDELA on this forum and love it! I had gone to a Titleist demo day at my club and worked with the rep to find the best loft and shaft. Then went to golf town a few times to play with them in the sim. Was about to buy a 983K because of the cost of the 905T and then got one here for a steal of a deal! Had it out today and love the length and accuracy I am getting from this club. It has a geat classic look and even though it is 400cc it is not like swinging a beach ball on a stick like other oversized drivers. Titleist is always good for keeping clubs looking very traditional. The 905T I have has the Graphite Design YS6+ Stiff shaft and although the Speeder was the one the rep recommended, he did not have the GD YS6+ there and I love this shaft. It has a good weight and seems to load and kick really well. The down side to this driver is the sound, it sounds very clunky and dull on perfect hits. Sometimes when you smoke one it feels nice through the club but the sound makes me think that I hit a poor shot, until I lift my eyes and see it soaring through the air. All and all a great club for those who seek technology and tradition , if you can get over the price. $575 after tax is crazy!
    Denny

Shagging Balls jbrace is on a distinguished road jbrace's Avatar
    Denny, good for you finally finding the driver you want (I know you were looking for a while). Now go out there and make the Ottawa Base Team.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    i just ordered the 904 17* and am dying to try it out!! I will let you know how these play as well because i heard that the drivers are amazing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jbrace
    Denny, good for you finally finding the driver you want (I know you were looking for a while). Now go out there and make the Ottawa Base Team.

Thanks man, thats the plan. Now that i am hitting the ball well enough its time to work on the short game. There is always something with this game!
    Denny

3 Wood LeftyT is on a distinguished road LeftyT's Avatar
    Titleist always have made good clubs. They can be a long way but you gotta hit the sweet spot. The only thing I wish that Titleist would try do is make a more forgiving club. I've used the 975D and used the J. Definately preferred the D but the D wasn't forgiving at all. Once I get better or more consistant, I may go back and try Titleist again. Any suggestions on the drivers for Titleist???

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    To add to my 904 story, i have a 17* with an Accra SC 95 M4 in it! All i gotta say is holy CRAP!! This is the best fairway wood i have ever hit. I hit it out of the fairway, off the tee and have even hit it perfectly when its sitting down in the deep rough (2" +). Scoop one up if you have a chance!!

LeftyT I would def. suggest the 905T its exactly what your looking for. I had a J and and K and thats just what I wanted. I loved my K but it wasn't very forgiving. I bought a T and man.. higher initial launch and I get away with the misses. Anyway I am very happy with it... Cheers!

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar

Reshafting the 905

Hey all,

I was looking into getting a 905S until I heard that you have to have the shaft done by Titleist because of some weighted aluminum shaft insert. What happens if you want a shaft in there that isn't part of their list of available shafts (in my case the Penley ETA Tour X)???

I think it's kind of stupid to order a club without a shaft that you don't want just to send it right back to them to shaft it for you with what you want for an increased cost.

Does anyone know if Titleist is more flexible with this?

I am pretty sure you can just order right from them in the first place with any shaft you want. The problem is that the hosel is made out of aluminum. I think it will be a matter of time until clubmakers get their hands on these hosels and then can change shafts for you. Its the same idea as the Ping ISI. You had to send them to ping but eventually you could get it done at golfworks.....

Did you check the Titleist website under custom Shafts? They have a lot more shafts then just the standard ones (Aldila,GD, Fuji).
    Denny

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber
    Did you check the Titleist website under custom Shafts? They have a lot more shafts then just the standard ones (Aldila,GD, Fuji).
    Denny
    I see which one's they offered, but I don't want those shafts. I've been playing the ETA Tour for the last 2 years and I like it. I went from the S to the X this year and it's even better.

I may just call Accushnet and see if they will upgrade to any shaft like scottycameron suggested they may.

Thanks lads

Titleist does offer a Penley ETA as one of their custom shafts in x-stiff. I would talk to a dealer or better yet find a Titleist demo day and talk to the rep, he is very knowledgable.
    Denny

Birdie srennick is on a distinguished road srennick's Avatar
    Well I got the new Titleist 905T with the Stock Stiff Fuji shaft, and I don't care for it at all...in fact, I lost a TON of distance using this club compared to my old 975JVS. I even went to Chuck Brown's and they allowed me to try out the same driver with the NVS65 shaft, as well as the YS6....I even went as far as trying the 905s to see if it made any difference (It didn't). I lost consistancy and lot's of distance....

Not sure what to do with this thing....it really sucks having a $575 driver that you don't like! Perhaps it's just that it'll take some getting used to, but I tried everything I could think of (not teeing the ball high enough, teeing it too low, ball ahead in stance, ball back in stance, etc) and nothing would allow me to hit any of the 905T's or the 905S anywhere near as far or as consistant as I hit my 975JVS.

Does anyone think that changing the shaft would make a difference? I'd rather spend $100 changing the shaft than selling this thing for a $200 loss.

Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Steven

If you have already tried the other shafts and had the same results then I wouldn't invest more money in a club that you don't like. The Fuji Stiff is a pretty stiff shaft, unless you can load it it will not perform. I have not seen you swing so maybe you swing 110+ MPH. Otherwise it is hard to say why some clubs feel and perform better for others and not someone else. Will CB's give you a store credit for something else? I think this is why it is very important to really try out a new club before buying. Go to demo days or sign it out from a shop. I had both the 905T and my Cobra side by side at the driving range and saw the difference the 905T made for me. It's to bad you don't like this club but you should be able to recoup quite a bit of your money since it is so new.
    Denny

Thread Information