CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar

Scoregolf Top 100 2014

Royal Ottawa came in at 64!! Any other surprises on the list for anyone??

http://scoregolf.com/the100/2014-top-100-ranking/

3 Wood fourlights is on a distinguished road fourlights's Avatar
    The rankings are really volatile which would indicate different judges or a new set of criteria for ranking. If neither is the case, then the results are incomprehensible.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Funny they would rank The Royal so low when it has been the host to an LPGA event.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Funny they would rank The Royal so low when it has been the host to an LPGA event.
    have you played it marc? it's a pretty underwhelming layout. really quirky in spots and rather boring in others. I'd property and clubhouse are outstanding though I'd have trouble playing it every day and get too excited about it.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

I don't see the relevance....So has the Hunt, and they're not on the list at all.

Have a look at the criteria behind the voting. I don't see, "Hosted the LPGA" as one of them.

I am surprised they had not been ranked previously, then ended up ahead of 36 other clubs, that's all. And in my honest opinion, I agree with jeff in that their clubhouse is nice, but I'm not sure, as a whole, that it deserves a 64 ranking.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Can't believe Arnprior isn't in there!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    have you played it marc? it's a pretty underwhelming layout. really quirky in spots and rather boring in others. I'd property and clubhouse are outstanding though I'd have trouble playing it every day and get too excited about it.
    Unfortunatly not Jeff. I drive by it a lot and wish i could play there. It looks like a beautifull old school type of course with a lot of trees and small greens etc..that suits my style of golf i guess. If anyone is a member here on the forum and would like to invite me,i would be more than honored to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Txxxxxxx View Post
    I don't see the relevance....So has the Hunt, and they're not on the list at all.

Have a look at the criteria behind the voting. I don't see, "Hosted the LPGA" as one of them.

I am surprised they had not been ranked previously, then ended up ahead of 36 other clubs, that's all. And in my honest opinion, I agree with jeff in that their clubhouse is nice, but I'm not sure, as a whole, that it deserves a 64 ranking.
    I would think that hosting a LPGA event would tic a lot of the boxes, but i dont know anything about the criteria for voting.

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    These lists are notorious for being influenced by the actual courses themselves....probably more crooked than FIFA... ;-) If you pony up enough freebies to the folks doing the ratings, you get better publicity.

How else could Le Geant be ranked 62 and Eagle Creek 81? That said, it looks like Clublink ante'd up a fair bit to get 8 courses in the top 100....

I would think that hosting a LPGA event would tic a lot of the boxes, but i dont know anything about the criteria for voting.
    I think there is a list of criteria on their website before you view the actual list...

Quote Originally Posted by GarthM View Post
    These lists are notorious for being influenced by the actual courses themselves....probably more crooked than FIFA... ;-) If you pony up enough freebies to the folks doing the ratings, you get better publicity.

How else could Le Geant be ranked 62 and Eagle Creek 81? That said, it looks like Clublink ante'd up a fair bit to get 8 courses in the top 100....
    I do agree to a certain extent, BUT, the panel is over 100 people. The variance between the top course, and the 100th course is quite small.

I suppose it's quite "odd" that Royal comes in at 64, pretty much in synch with one of their first ever membership drives....

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    "Today’s panel is comprised of golf professionals, club managers, superintendents, journalists, golf industry members, private club members and public players. Panellists are volunteers who travel to golf courses at their own expense, though often at an invitation from clubs."

I would posit that MANY public/resort courses give out a fair bit of freebies.

"Today’s panel is comprised of golf professionals, club managers, superintendents, journalists, golf industry members, private club members and public players. Panellists are volunteers who travel to golf courses at their own expense, though often at an invitation from clubs."

I would posit that MANY public/resort courses give out a fair bit of freebies.
    Most likely!!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    Shocking!!!
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    These lists are notorious for being influenced by the actual courses themselves....probably more crooked than FIFA... ;-) If you pony up enough freebies to the folks doing the ratings, you get better publicity
    just like the Better Business Bureau.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Driver Muddler is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    just like the Better Business Bureau.
    The golf writer Geoff Shackleford has a rant against Magazine Top 100 lists in one of his books. He says basically the same thing.

Ace Travis is on a distinguished road
    I loved seeing Cabot Links popping up on the list in its first eligible year at #2.

It is such an incredible place. I can't wait for the Cliffs to open up in 2015. It is conceivable that Cabot Links and Cabot Cliffs could be #1 and 2 within 2-4 years time.

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    I can believe it..!
    Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post

Thread Information