100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Do you guys think this is a bad idea to get the S-flex graphite? What could be the possible result of playing a graphite shaft that is too stiff for me? If anything, the ball will a little right or will hook a little less.

I've read that it would be distance loss, but am uncertain if that means 1/2 a club or something like 2 clubs. Shaft stiffness is a MINOR factor in distance determination but a MAJOR one in direction dtermination. Select a shaft based on how straight you hit the ball.

I am going to go tomorrow to test out some S-flex graphite shafts in other irons
    As there is no standard frequency for STIFF or REGULAR this experiment will determine nothing meaningful, UNLESS, you try the STIFF of the same line that the REGULAR was in. Compare the UST ??? Stiff to the UST ??? Regular. The frequency meter never lies, but companies who label their shafts, DO.

BG458
    Well after all the positives on graghite shafts (BC Mist) , I am going to give it a go in the next two weeks and try out a set of graghite shafts. Lets see what happens, pretty costly. But hey if I can play more rounds and save my self some pain, without the expensive of strokes. I AM GAME. Oh and if you are right I will be the first to put my foot in my mouth (ya right like I am flexible enough to do that).

BG458
    Well that was fun while it lasted. I am back to steel, no biggie. I see the advantages of the graphite, but personal preference is steel.

Thread Information