100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Arnprior

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Looking forward to it Sullivan!!

Need a Caddy solstrum is on a distinguished road
    Anyone who wants to come play it.. with our Saturday morning gang.. let me know.. email me at thinkloud@live.ca I'll set it up.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingLow View Post
    Steve - if Jordon shows up I will play with him......have a debt to settle......lol.....hope all is well Jordon
    Ok! Will do!

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by solstrum View Post
    First this thread is about Arnprior. So I thought I was allowed to talk about it.
    No one said you couldn't, however if you are indeed on the Board of Directors, then you have a vested interest in the success of the golf course, and many of your posts could be considered self-promotion, and there are rules on the forum surrounding that. http://forum.ottawagolf.com/faq.php?...self_promotion

You may NOT pose as a satisfied customer praising the facility or service.
    Good for you for doing something to better your situation. Just dont' jam it down everyone's throat on every possible occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by GarthM View Post
    No one said you couldn't, however if you are indeed on the Board of Directors, then you have a vested interest in the success of the golf course, and many of your posts could be considered self-promotion, and there are rules on the forum surrounding that. http://forum.ottawagolf.com/faq.php?...self_promotion

Good for you for doing something to better your situation. Just dont' jam it down everyone's throat on every possible occasion.
    Ok.. I will remove my posts.

I wish everyone the best this season!

Shagging Balls dmartin is on a distinguished road
    YEAH GARTH M. !!!

I was thinking the same thing...

Now if we can only get rid of random sellers from all over Ontario...

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    I get the Arnprior talk has been a little much these days, but to say someone can't comment on a topic that the thread is clearly titled is a joke. If people don't want to talk or read about a certain course then don't enter a thread called "Arnprior". This tread was not started by solstrum, but yet he takes the brunt of abuse.
    "If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first." Kirk Cobain

Bogie GoingLow is on a distinguished road GoingLow's Avatar
    That's O'Sullivan shooter....the Sullivan's were peasant's in Ireland - the O'Sullivan's were Kings ( my dad would say that anytime someone called him Sullivan)......lol

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Looking forward to it Sullivan!!

3 Wood fourlights is on a distinguished road fourlights's Avatar
    If the moderators don't chime in with objections on content, how can anyone else do so? The forums are much more contentious lately and it's a pity.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    I love lamp.

Need a Caddy jmwhite is on a distinguished road jmwhite's Avatar
    This got blown way out of proportion because someone early on replaced the word "boring" with the word "challenging". I've played quite a few courses I felt were boring to me even though I didn't score very well. To me boring means to lose interest. Boring does not mean something is easy or is not a challenge.

Oh well, 3 pages later.

Lob Wedge ottylaker is on a distinguished road
    After reading this ...played Arnprior today ...course is in very good shape ....huge improvement from last time 3 years ago....this is a solid track but do agree with some of the negative comments ....par 4s and fives are not challenging from the tee...wide open ...very generous how ever u want to describe it...the course has no real wow factor...no elevation changes, no water/ ponds , no mounding shaping on fairways, views to Ottawa river are mostly obstructed by trees , no real signature hole ( no number 11 adds nothing to this golf course) ....with all the good tracks up and down the valley don't plan on going back this year......but in saying that if I lived in Arnprior would play it , but not the course I want to play daily as a member.

..so, Who is coming to play on Saturday?
    Last edited by solstrum; 07-30-2014 at 08:40 AM.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by solstrum View Post
    Who is coming to play on Saturday?
    Steve, this is funny on so many levels. I admire your restraint....can't make it this weekend.

Thanks! I thought it was a fitting response.

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    So I played Arnprior this morning and I must say yes the course is in good shape, can't really compare to much since I don't play outside of Clublink very often, the greens were ok they are only quick downhill because of severe undulations flat uphill putts were not very quick and yes I understand there as been a lot of rain. The overall course I found very boring, every hole is grip it and rip it I was never worried about losing a ball of the tee. To a higher handicap that struggles with is irons might definitely find this course difficult cause if you miss the greens it can be tough to get up and down, saying that though the course as a few silly greens that just don't belong on a golf course. The sand was great, fairways were nice but a little long, same with fringes, lots of clovers in the rough. Is it a good little track for the price sure, is it on par condition wise with Clublink greens and fairways this year not even close, is it on par with Equinelle and Outaouais that I have played recently again not even close. Would I play it again, probably not. Even though you were a no show thanks Solstrum for the invite course as come a long way since 7-8yrs since I played it last but just don't like the layout personally. And for the record I shot 78 with two doubles on bad advice from my buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by habsfan View Post
    So I played Arnprior this morning and I must say yes the course is in good shape, can't really compare to much since I don't play outside of Clublink very often, the greens were ok they are only quick downhill because of severe undulations flat uphill putts were not very quick and yes I understand there as been a lot of rain. The overall course I found very boring, every hole is grip it and rip it I was never worried about losing a ball of the tee. To a higher handicap that struggles with is irons might definitely find this course difficult cause if you miss the greens it can be tough to get up and down, saying that though the course as a few silly greens that just don't belong on a golf course. The sand was great, fairways were nice but a little long, same with fringes, lots of clovers in the rough. Is it a good little track for the price sure, is it on par condition wise with Clublink greens and fairways this year not even close, is it on par with Equinelle and Outaouais that I have played recently again not even close. Would I play it again, probably not. Even though you were a no show thanks Solstrum for the invite course as come a long way since 7-8yrs since I played it last but just don't like the layout personally. And for the record I shot 78 with two doubles on bad advice from my buddy.
    Sorry man. I emailed out on the 30th to confirm who was coming. My bad. I assumed you were out when you didnt reply. 78. Not a bad first round. Come out for a big skins game at the end I the year. It's a lot of fun. Cheers

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by habsfan View Post
    This is a fair and unbiased review.

Thanks for that.

Consistently present bobbyc is on a distinguished road bobbyc's Avatar
    Played Arnprior on Friday ..... FASTEST greens this year !!! Could not control speed . Putted terribly . Putt the ball and pray !! Course in good shape though .

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyc View Post
    Played Arnprior on Friday ..... FASTEST greens this year !!! Could not control speed . Putted terribly . Putt the ball and pray !! Course in good shape though .
    It was Club Championship weekend and the greens were fantastic. That's been the consistent speed for most of the year, unless it rained hard ( on days of heavy rain, the Super only rolls the greens, not cut, to limit stress)

Congrats to Al McGee for the Win. Nipped Taylor Collins by 1!

Thread Information