CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter Yamster is on a distinguished road

P3ProSwing Launch Angle

Hello everyone.

I am thinking about (read wishing) getting P3ProSwing. I first thought about getting OptiShot, mainly because of the price. However, P3ProSwing seems to give a little better reading on the club head movement.

One thing I am not quite certain about P3ProSwing, however, is its launch angle monitoring capability.

First of all, does it still read the launch angle? Or, is it a feature that used to be available with old version/generation of the device, and no longer available? I can't really find any detailed information about this feature on their web site.

If this capability still exists, how does it work? I don't think inferred installed on the pad can read the vertical angle of the club head, regardless of how many are there. So, I guess I need to buy some kind of camera and attach it to the device, is that right? If so, what kind of camera? A simple webcam? Or fancier high speed camera?

According to some postings which I have read, the new courses do not support the launch angle... Does that means the launch angle is supported by (= taken into the consideration when calculating the ball flight) old courses and the driving range session?

Thank you for your reply in advance!

3 Wood Stonebattle is on a distinguished road
    Launch angle with the P3proswing works with the original driving range and the courses. It does not work with the premium courses.
    I have used the launch angle feature quite a bit and it works well, although it can be a bit tough to set up and finicky if you have variable lighting conditions. I've used it very little lately.

You will need webcam(s) if you want to use launch angle and swing videos. I use HP4100 webcams for my videos. This webcam seems to have good low light capability and has a lot of controls. I can't get stop action, but it is not bad. The P3proswing system only allows for 30 fps, but that still allows one to see a lot for swing analysis.

I have used the Optishot and it is not bad at all, although I do believe the P3proswing has much better options for game and swing improvement.

Thread Information