CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar

The one that got away

I've been experiencing some sellers remorse lately, wishing I could track down the Cleveland ta588 blades that I sold a couple of years ago. So, I ask you. What is the one club, or set, that you wish you could have back?

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    The Tour issued R5 driver with Graman Limey shaft...have yet to hit anything as consistently long and accurate as that one.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Playing Winter Rules Swerve is on a distinguished road
    It was my original AP2s (pre 710) but I picked up the 714s at the start of this year so I am over it now

Team Match Play Champ 2011 shaner85 is on a distinguished road shaner85's Avatar
    The first R7 Superquad I owned...Loved that driver...Still have the headcover from it which is now keeping safe the new driver of my 5 year old son...the second R7 SQ was nowhere close to that one for some reason...

And a TM Rossa Daytona putter that I should have kept...damn you for starting this thread...!!

Consistently present SnazzyD is on a distinguished road
    A SeeMore putter with original solid-red SuperStroke grip - heavy but perfectly balanced, I couldn't hit a putt offline if I tried. Sold it for some magic beans, just because I had too many other short sticks that hadn't been played...

Hybrid rxp is on a distinguished road rxp's Avatar
    ping eye 2 1 to sw my first ever ping set god I miss them they were like magic but I saw something new and traded them,never could regain that feel like I had standing over those irons

Championship Cup leftygolfguy is on a distinguished road
    I sold a set of LH Bridgestone GC mids a few years ago, and embarked on a tour of more player-ish irons that I wanted to try.

I thought I hit the cg7s, apex ftx, etc pretty okay, but never got the warm and fuzzy feeling I got from the GC mids.

Being LH'd the B'stone options ended with the GC mids and there aren't that many of those to be had either...

Last year, after months of looking (and just after I had given up hope) I found a used set on the forum, had some FST pro 115s dropped in and it instantly clicked... even better than the originals.

I love hoing, but I am pretty sure I will play these till they start to break down - then get them refinished....

or until Bridgestone relents and makes some new lefty gear, cause you know...

= )

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    My old set of Callaway X-16's 3-pw, I sent them off to Callaway to be spec'd and swing weighted all to D2 and they were perfect when they came back. I saw the new X-22's and had to have them, not the same at all. I sold the X-16's to my Dad, he gave them to my nephew after I bought my Dad a Like New set of Callaway X-22's with Senior flex graphite shafts from Callaway Pre-Owned.
    What the hell was I thinking?????
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Bouche
    The Ping TiSi from back in the day. A little small now but back in the day it was the best.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftygolfguy View Post
    I sold a set of LH Bridgestone GC mids a few years ago, and embarked on a tour of more player-ish irons that I wanted to try. = )
    I hear you... that is why I never sold my set of GC Mid's...they sit in my basement as my backup set...

Something amazing just happened. The "putter that got away" is about to come back to me! The fellow I sold it to loved it, predictably, but just shot a magical round with his previous putter and has decided to go back to his ex. It's almost like this thread willed it to happen!

Unfortunately, I've sold moved on and found a Scotty that really feels nice so I am not sure how the two will get along now. This is starting to sound like Coronation Street...

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I had a set of Ping S55's this year with steelfiber 110x in them and had my cap down to a 2.8 for the first time in about five years then promptly switched because i'm an idiot and i'm now at a 5 and rising steadily. Such a stupid move selling them!!!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I had a set of Ping S55's this year with steelfiber 110x in them and had my cap down to a 2.8 for the first time in about five years then promptly switched because i'm an idiot and i'm now at a 5 and rising steadily. Such a stupid move selling them!!!
    that was not smart. you were hitting them beautifully.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Regrets, i"ve had a few,but then again too few to mention!!!! I dont think I have ever regretted selling golf clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Regrets, i"ve had a few,but then again too few to mention!!!! I dont think I have ever regretted selling golf clubs.
    Yeah, but I know of at least one set you've regretted buying!

Quote Originally Posted by SnazzyD View Post
    Something amazing just happened. The "putter that got away" is about to come back to me! The fellow I sold it to loved it, predictably, but just shot a magical round with his previous putter and has decided to go back to his ex. It's almost like this thread willed it to happen!

Unfortunately, I've sold moved on and found a Scotty that really feels nice so I am not sure how the two will get along now. This is starting to sound like Coronation Street...
    Nice to know there is hope of getting them back. I have tracked mine down, but their current owner is not interested in giving them up.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SnazzyD View Post
    Yeah, but I know of at least one set you've regretted buying!
    Touche !!! I can think of quite a few sets i regretted buying David.LOL

FOUND THEM!

Managed to find myself a set on TGN, this time with the black melonite finish. Can't wait to get these to the course.

How sweet will be to use these to put a whooping on TGN at next years Ryder cup

Thread Information