CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    9 Iron talktomyball is on a distinguished road

Trespassers on 2 golf courses.

Had enough of it, having played both Stonebridge and Kanata this year to have at least 5 incidents each time where there are just idiots roaming the course, whether it be dog walkers, kids playing, or just stupid ignorant adults. Last year was the same. Carefree and clueless. Have never seen a marshall remove or even warn them...EVER. A friend told one he had no business walking his dog on#2 fairway at Kanata last week and the fellow just laughed at him and said he lived on the course and to call the proshop. I drove over to drive home our point, but he quickly walked into the treeline and swore at us as we hit in to the green. Classy. Hope I see him again!

Kanata is by far the worst, and it seems these morons believe they entitled to be strolling across private property creating both a liability, and pissing everyone off. The vast majority of these trespassing people were not born here, and are truly lucky to be allowed into Canada, and this is how they act???

What a great way to ruin a round, to have to yell at bikers and "new Canadians" to get the hell off the golf course. It seems nobody does a thing about it, especially at night after 5 pm when we play there. I love the course condition(best greens in city), and it is one of the toughest tracks in the area, but am scratching it off my list, it is bad enough enough it has turned into Legoland, but now the Lego people believe they own the course. I have seen them just hop out from their backyards and just start to play( in front of us). Purely pathetic to see for those who lay out a huge chunk of their income yearly to enjoy a great test of golf and just relax.

This will lead to many confrontations and possibly a fist fight or 3. I see them get off a bus, amble though the parking lot, and just walk right up #18 or#9 to their respective houses.....pathetic, and people let it happen as the groups playing the hole have to wait so as not to hit into them.

That's my rant...I am just sick of it. Last time I go to either.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    this should be good....

I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Playing Winter Rules Swerve is on a distinguished road
    Is this serious?

Why would it not be serious...What do you mean? Think I just decided to waste 10 min posting that to get a giggle or something?

dunno...perhaps the racist remarks?

Playing Winter Rules Swerve is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    dunno...perhaps the racist remarks?
    exactly. (beat me to it)

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by talktomyball View Post
    That's my rant...I am just sick of it. Last time I go to either.
    I'm trying to think of a course around here that doesn't allow trespassers, but welcomes racists. Drawing a blank so far, but if I think of something, I'll let you know.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    PHP Code:
    What a great way to ruin a roundto have to yell at bikers and "new Canadians" to get the hell off the golf course 
    Aren't the bikers Canadians?
    Leaning towards bigotry. The course is not doing its job properly that's all.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Racists eh?....what a knee(jerk) reaction. Typical Ottawa urban type attitude, blame the guy making a point, yet ignore the real facts...lol. Gets you a few thumbs up on Facebook! Good job.

On a side note. I noticed that all 5 were non-english speakers based on their reactions and inability to communicate once confronted with what they were doing. How is that racist??? Enough of the Politically Correct garbage please, that time has passed.

So you basically are saying you think a semi-private golf course is ok as a dog walking and shortcut access area, and that I am an idiot for bringing it up to see if others share the sentiment, and hopefully things will change?? Is that it?

Racists eh?....what a knee(jerk) reaction. Typical Ottawa urban type attitude, blame the guy making a point, yet ignore the real facts...lol. Gets you a few thumbs up on Facebook! Good job.

On a side note. I noticed that all 5 were non-english speakers based on their reactions and inability to communicate once confronted with what they were doing. How is that racist??? Enough of the Politically Correct garbage please, that time has passed.

So you basically are saying you think a semi-private golf course is ok as a dog walking and shortcut access area, and that I am an idiot for bringing it up to see if others share the sentiment, and hopefully things will change?? Is that it?

really? go crawl back under that rock.

perhaps they didn't understand? Perhaps they aren't aware they shouldn't be doing this?

We're not saying it's ok or not ok to walk a dog on a course.

We ARE saying its NOT ok to spew racist comments.

Perhaps go talk to the clubhouse and get their opinion. After all it's their course.

Bringing it up would have been enough. You won't see it happen at other courses that enforce the rules. Blame the course and its management.
    Mahatma Gandhi

When language recognition becomes a "race" you let me know. Nice try though.

You pull the trigger on that racism word pretty quick, no races were mentioned, stop crying.

I'd guess the "private property" signs on every cart path are a good indicator. People that live in 500-800K houses must have a cursory English competence , no? Isn't that a minimum requirement to be here?

Hardly the issue though, it's the ridiculousness with which said humans carry themselves in an obviously dangerous situation with golf balls flying that should be. And the fact that it interferes with others' enjoyment of a great game.

Crawl back under my rock? You have to be a true reactionary clown to say that, get serious.

I take it that you won't move to Scotland in the near future
    Mahatma Gandhi

When language recognition becomes a "race" you let me know. Nice try though.

You pull the trigger on that racism word pretty quick, no races were mentioned, stop crying.

I'd guess the "private property" signs on every cart path are a good indicator. People that live in 500-800K houses must have a cursory English competence , no? Isn't that a minimum requirement to be here?

Hardly the issue though, it's the ridiculousness with which said humans carry themselves in an obviously dangerous situation with golf balls flying that should be. And the fact that it interferes with others' enjoyment of a great game.

Crawl back under my rock? You have to be a true reactionary clown to say that, get serious.
    walking a dog interferes with your enjoyment of the game? how does the beverage cart girl impact it? the birds chirping? a strong wind?

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    Ummm.... WOW! I'd love to play this guy in Match Play... Would be the easiest match of my life!

And can you maybe explain this statement? "People that live in 500-800K houses must have a cursory English competence , no? Isn't that a minimum requirement to be here?"

I didn't think Canada had any language requirements...

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    walking a dog interferes with your enjoyment of the game? how does the beverage cart girl impact it? the birds chirping? a strong wind?
    Reminds me of a guy I played with a while back. He would get distracted and curse at the lawnmower guy
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    Reminds me of a guy I played with a while back. He would get distracted and curse at the lawnmower guy
    so far I've yet to see anyone agree with him, yet we're the idiots.

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    The way I have been playing I would welcome people walking the course...maybe they could point me in the right direction of my ball!
    "If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first." Kirk Cobain

" Ummm.... WOW! I'd love to play this guy in Match Play... Would be the easiest match of my life! "

Lol I truly,truly doubt that. Sounds great on an internet forum though , duster.! Nice work. Made me laugh ...alot Thank you!

So, becoming a citizen doesn't require you to speak the language, even a few words???..lol Wow. Vote Trudeau then...loser!

I am done with this, I thought others would have a similar tale to tell....but I guess maybe when one of them have to back off a few shots to let them stroll the pets through the landing areas, or take a ball off the temple on a blind hole like left on # 2 , 6, or 12 and sue you, we will see!

Cheers !!

don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    That was great ....
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    WOW---I got raked over the coals last week but your post (talktomyball) is way out of line. You may not have said it but you sure implied it. I always loved that phrase---"can't fix stupid"
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    From the original post:
    1. There is a trespassing problem at Kanata Lakes
    2. Those causing the problem are, generally, new(er) Canadians.
    3. The trespassers endanger themselves and disturb some golfers while on this private property.
    4. Management refuses to solve the problem.

If these are the indisputable facts, why has the original poster been labelled a racist, that is, how is he showing prejudice toward or discrimination of these trespassers, by simply stating the truth?

Thank you! Finally a logical person who isn't attempting to gain the favor of an internet community of strangers by jumping on the bandwagon!!

Cheers BC Mist.

Refreshing to see amidst all the other nonsense people posted.

Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    From the original post:
    3. The trespassers endanger themselves and disturb some golfers while on this private property.

If these are the indisputable facts, why has the original poster been labelled a racist, that is, how is he showing prejudice toward or discrimination of these trespassers, by simply stating the truth?

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Over the years of playing golf in the Ottawa area, in the early morning I encountered individuals who were walking the courses, sometimes with their dogs. As best I can recall, all of the individuals with whom I interacted were "old" Canadians. One might reasonably conclude, then, that one's origins had little to do with whether someone chose to enjoy the course in their own way. If they are creating a danger to themselves or to the golfers, then it is an issue which rightfully should be dealt with by the course owners. After all, they are the only ones who have a right to lawfully object to the "trespass."

I don't know the OP, but the manner in which he referred to "new Canadians" suggested to me that he bore an animus to the group. That may not be the case at all, but it is difficult to tell given the way in which the post was worded.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    From the original post:

If those are indisputable facts (they are not and certainly imply a pretty provincial world view), the statement:

The vast majority of these trespassing people were not born here, and are truly lucky to be allowed into Canada, and this is how they act???
    The ethnicity of the trespassers is irrelevant. Trespassing is the crime, not ethnicity, and yet ethnicity is where the pejoratives land. As if ethnicity was the cause of the issue. Also, the idea that none of the trespassers (in 'many' incidents over two years) spoke English in a city where, according to the last census, 97.1% of the citizens speak English beggars belief.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Thank you! Finally a logical person who isn't attempting to gain the favor of an internet community of strangers by jumping on the bandwagon!!

Refreshing to see amidst all the other nonsense people posted.
    How can you identify these "newer Canadians" ?
    How "new" do you think they are ?

Is it their skin color or simply because that (or you assume) that they are "non-English speaker" ?. Many of my friends are from the Quebec side and they don't speak English as well as others ?.. Are they new Canadian in your standard ?

How long one has to be in Canada to be "classified" by you as "new Canadian" ?

You choice of words leave it up to interpretation and most people would read and interpret it as a racist comment.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    OK kids. Let's drop the topic of whom and focus on the what. Trespassing. Who is really irrelevant and does not need to be part of the discussion. Especially when bringing race into it.

Carry on.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Many thanks Kilroy...
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    If people would only read the Forum Rules
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Thread Information