CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar

My Tiger prediction

Feel free to bump this if I turn out to be wrong.

Tiger isn't going to win again (with his current style of play). Yes he's just out there hacking it around for his foundation but I never got the sense that he was taking it easy. He was going full throttle with a bad back. This tells me that Tiger will never learn to dial down the aggression. Not a good sign for someone whose career hangs by a ligament.

If he hit driver at 75%, or took an extra club on his iron shots, played it more safe on his body, I think he's good enough to win some tournaments. But it looks to me like Tiger thinks he can win majors by gutting it out, back or no-back. I think that style of play will work against him and he'll never win, retiring from golf around age 40.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I think he will win again. Coming back from major surgery is not easy. Maybe we are expecting too much from him every time he tees up. When Tiger plays,, its always entertaining. The media are jumping on him cause he missed the cut this weekend. Big deal.!!!
    Give him a few months and see.

Lob Wedge gr8glfr is on a distinguished road
    Not win again... Not sure about that but one thing is for certain, he no longer has that intimidation factor he had back in the early 2000's.
    The fields are so strong now, he cannot influence all of the tour like he did before. There is respect for Tiger when he plays but to a man they all believe that they can beat him any day of the week.

Gap Wedge rando7777 is on a distinguished road
    How many players at +8 get tv coverage on every shot? On Saturday they pretty much spent the first 1/2 replaying his Friday round. The media love affair with tiger is embarrassing

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    Feel free to bump this if I turn out to be wrong.

Tiger isn't going to win again (with his current style of play). Yes he's just out there hacking it around for his foundation but I never got the sense that he was taking it easy. He was going full throttle with a bad back. This tells me that Tiger will never learn to dial down the aggression. Not a good sign for someone whose career hangs by a ligament.

If he hit driver at 75%, or took an extra club on his iron shots, played it more safe on his body, I think he's good enough to win some tournaments. But it looks to me like Tiger thinks he can win majors by gutting it out, back or no-back. I think that style of play will work against him and he'll never win, retiring from golf around age 40.
    I just had to re-post this after yesterdays tournament. I've never been a huge Tiger fan, but I have to say I was really pulling for him to win the Valspar. Although he didn't win, the fact that he came that close is remarkable, as is his club head speed.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Thread Information