100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    3 Wood funk-like is on a distinguished road

An amazing bit of golf

I was playing in a doubles match on Sunday and we were 3 down after 10 holes. My partner was 5 over after the front, I was 2 over. He is an 8 handicap and I'm a 6.
    My partner bogied 10, I parred it. He then went on a tear. 6 birdies in the final 8 holes, with a missed 3 footer on 14 (he parred it) for another birdie. 3 straight (11 to 13) and another 3 straight to end the round (16 to 18). He finished 5 under on the back, along with a 5 over on the front -even par. He is an 8 handicap and it was amazing to watch. My round was less interesting, plus 2 on the front, and 3 under on the back for a 71. This was at GH Predator, and boy was it fun!
    Needless to say, we won the match, we had 9 birdies between us on the back nine, with 2 of the holes overlapping (both birdied it).

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    A Kevin Streelman performance
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by funk-like View Post
    I was playing in a doubles match on Sunday and we were 3 down after 10 holes. My partner was 5 over after the front, I was 2 over. He is an 8 handicap and I'm a 6.
    My partner bogied 10, I parred it. He then went on a tear. 6 birdies in the final 8 holes, with a missed 3 footer on 14 (he parred it) for another birdie. 3 straight (11 to 13) and another 3 straight to end the round (16 to 18). He finished 5 under on the back, along with a 5 over on the front -even par. He is an 8 handicap and it was amazing to watch. My round was less interesting, plus 2 on the front, and 3 under on the back for a 71. This was at GH Predator, and boy was it fun!
    Needless to say, we won the match, we had 9 birdies between us on the back nine, with 2 of the holes overlapping (both birdied it).
    Played GH on Sunday boy is it in great shape, if you miss a putt it's your fault, amazing round boys.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    8 handicap shooting 5 under on the back, your playing partners must have been scratching their heads!

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    8 handicap shooting 5 under on the back, your playing partners must have been scratching their heads!
    Meh... I get what your saying but an 8 capper is a decent player just struggles with consistency, Predator would be the course to do that on if he hits the ball a little longer then most, my buddy had 5 eagle putts on Sunday and he's a 6 capper, and he still shot 75-76, missed a 15ft eagle putt on 18 kicked his 4ft birdie putt off the green he was so annoyed, I'm still laughing about it.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    5 eagle putts good lord! Is it short?

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    5 eagle putts good lord! Is it short?
    We played the black tees and it's 6700 I believe, most the par 5's except for one I can reach in two with two solid shots and 17 is 310 I can't get there but my buddy is like you, hits driver 5 iron on a 530yd hole.

Thread Information