CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Titleist 915

Eagle mizzyboy is on a distinguished road

Titleist 915

First Look, any thoughts?

http://www.pgatour.com/equipmentrepo...ckenloans.html

Played Titleist Drivers (975,905,909,910,913) forever and the 915 looks radically different to me. We'll have to see I guess.

More pics on GolfWRX.
    Go Sens Go or No Sens No? The struggle of a Sens fan.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    I guess it's a matter of opinion, but the only thing I notice is the alignment aid. From the top, it looks the same as the 913. So in my opinion, I would not say "radically different". I do agree the sole is different, but the overall shape of the head is the same.

I don't tend to hold the club upside down at address, so whatever lines or shapes on the sole, don't make much difference to me.

I found there was very little difference between the 910 and 913 series. I guess it was time for some different technology.

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    It has a chamber in the bottom. That classifies it as "radically Different" from the 913 to me and especially interesting coming from a more traditional company.

The shape of the heads are EXACTLY the same. The ONLY difference is the chamber at the bottom, which you do not see at address anyway.

Yes they made a technology change, but the driver does not look "radically different" from the previous models. It's not as though it is now Silver with racing stripes! HAHA!

Look at this photo for example...Weight is in the same place at the back...Yes there is a "chamber", but in my opinion, this is not "radically different"...

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    If the only thing that is judge is the top of the driver you can make the same argument just about every year for every manufacturer. If you look at the pictures closely you can see that they are not the exact same in terms of head shape. Personally is something looks familiar but has an upgrade in technology and works, all the better to me.

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    Hard to tell because of the shadows but is the 915 a D2 or a D3? It sure looks like a D3 which isn't really a direct comparison to the 913 D2.

There's an interesting read on another Golf forum that talks about the use of the slot technology. How a few companies like TM and Adams (same company) are using them, but others have stayed away saying their faces are built to already act in the same manor as the slot. Dianama has also announced an updated D+ series shafts which may end up in the 915 if they keep the same shaft options as the 913 series.

i just received my custom ordered 913 a few weeks ago. I knew a 915 would be available next year, but I don't regret waiting at all. I love that club. That said, the head cover for the 915 is pretty sexy! I might have to upgrade the head cover at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by orangeTANG View Post
    Hard to tell because of the shadows but is the 915 a D2 or a D3? It sure looks like a D3 which isn't really a direct comparison to the 913 D2.

There's an interesting read on another Golf forum that talks about the use of the slot technology. How a few companies like TM and Adams (same company) are using them, but others have stayed away saying their faces are built to already act in the same manor as the slot. Dianama has also announced an updated D+ series shafts which may end up in the 915 if they keep the same shaft options as the 913 series.

i just received my custom ordered 913 a few weeks ago. I knew a 915 would be available next year, but I don't regret waiting at all. I love that club. That said, the head cover for the 915 is pretty sexy! I might have to upgrade the head cover at some point.
    They're both D2. That's why he is holding them next to each other...

The nice thing about interchangeable shafts, is just as you said, no problem to upgrade the head at a later date if you want to.

I don't really agree with the different golf company's reason behind adding this slot technology. They say that most golfers hit the ball "thin", or on the bottom of the face if they miss. I find that people hit the ball on the heel or toe, as well as high on the face, due to teeing the ball up high. That's my experience with average golfers that I have played with. And let's face it, the majority of golfers are not playing to a 10 or below index, so hitting the "sweet spot", is not really something that happens all the time. HAHA!

I Just Won't Leave big easy is on a distinguished road
    I'm playing a full bag of Titleist this year and have the 913d2. This new driver reminds me of the Nike VR series with the channel on the sole. I owned one of the Nike driver and can't say it made much of a difference. Although Titleist drivers are known for a higher spin rate, the choice of the shaft becomes really key. As long as they keep the pear-shape, I might be tempted.

Quote Originally Posted by big easy View Post
    I'm playing a full bag of Titleist this year and have the 913d2. This new driver reminds me of the Nike VR series with the channel on the sole. I owned one of the Nike driver and can't say it made much of a difference. Although Titleist drivers are known for a higher spin rate, the choice of the shaft becomes really key. As long as they keep the pear-shape, I might be tempted.
    I'm with you on this one.

I'm only missing a 913h and a 913 D2 to complete the full Titleist bag. It's not something I typically do, but the 714 AP2's are mint and completely changed my iron game.

I'm not fussy about the channel either as far as "helping" with any accuracy or distance. I do like how they keep the traditional pear shape though..

I have the 913hd and considering getting another one with higher loft to toss the 4-iron out of the bag...it is that good! I've always preferred to play long irons but these hybrids are insane.

I have the 913hd and considering getting another one with higher loft to toss the 4-iron out of the bag...it is that good! I've always preferred to play long irons but these hybrids are insane.
    The problem I'm having with my current Adams hybrid, is the same issue I was having with my irons. Too much of a low penetrating ball flight. That's not a good ball flight to have at RV.

My only concern with going with more than one hybrid, is that I've used my 4-iron quite a bit from under the tree line, to have a shot at advancing my ball. I don't know if I'd be able to make that same shot with a 4-hybrid.

Im a fixture here mathc38 is on a distinguished road mathc38's Avatar
    i'm a titleist guy and I'll have no hesitation picking up a 915 D2. It clearly isn't brand new technology but hey, it's titleist and I don't have to worry about it being replaced for two full seasons. Whether or not the channel does anything remains to be seen but when i did hit a nike vr pro back in the day, it did feel 'hotter'. But I do agree that all driver's are maxed out on center face contact distance. I think it's simply about making one's misses more forgiving and I'm sure this ARC does something rather than nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Txxxxxxx View Post
    The problem I'm having with my current Adams hybrid, is the same issue I was having with my irons. Too much of a low penetrating ball flight. That's not a good ball flight to have at RV.

My only concern with going with more than one hybrid, is that I've used my 4-iron quite a bit from under the tree line, to have a shot at advancing my ball. I don't know if I'd be able to make that same shot with a 4-hybrid.
    Don't go with the 913hd then as I'm sure you would prefer the standard 913h. I don't mind having to hit the punch shot with a 5-iron. I would just put my hands way in front at address...but need to be careful not to hit a shank though...

Quote Originally Posted by mathc38 View Post
    i'm a titleist guy and I'll have no hesitation picking up a 915 D2. It clearly isn't brand new technology but hey, it's titleist and I don't have to worry about it being replaced for two full seasons. Whether or not the channel does anything remains to be seen but when i did hit a nike vr pro back in the day, it did feel 'hotter'.
    Maybe it felt a bit "hotter" but this thing was crazy loud....

Im a fixture here mathc38 is on a distinguished road mathc38's Avatar
    Titleist did make the driver sound louder in the 913 series but nothing can beat the noise that any ping series driver makes. I'm sure that the 915 driver will be louder, definitely not muted like the 910's. Seems to be the trend in driver's to make them seem like they are hot off the face. Nonetheless, the 913's weren't well liked when they were undergoing tour seeding back during this time in 2012 and look at how well they've done since then. I don't foresee this 915 line being any different.

I don't know how many of you have hit the R1 Stage 2, but some drives make my ears ring!!

Birdie marcf is on a distinguished road marcf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Txxxxxxx View Post
    They're both D2. That's why he is holding them next to each other...

The nice thing about interchangeable shafts, is just as you said, no problem to upgrade the head at a later date if you want to.

I don't really agree with the different golf company's reason behind adding this slot technology. They say that most golfers hit the ball "thin", or on the bottom of the face if they miss. I find that people hit the ball on the heel or toe, as well as high on the face, due to teeing the ball up high. That's my experience with average golfers that I have played with. And let's face it, the majority of golfers are not playing to a 10 or below index, so hitting the "sweet spot", is not really something that happens all the time. HAHA!
    Look closely, the 915 is a D3, and the 913 is a D2. It is pretty easy to see...They are obviously just showing the difference in the sole, both tech wise and graphics.

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by marcf View Post
    Look closely, the 915 is a D3, and the 913 is a D2. It is pretty easy to see...They are obviously just showing the difference in the sole, both tech wise and graphics.
    Ya, I thought the 915 looked like a 3 written on the bottom, but it was hard to tell.

Eagle mizzyboy is on a distinguished road
    From what I can tell, the channel makes the driver more forgiving and Titleist drivers aren't really known to be that in the past. Maybe they are trying to cater to more golfers now because people that play Titleist like the classic design, workability and feedback from a "players club"?

I am happy with the 910 and 913 D3 series, there was little improvement between the two and I don't think the 915 will outperform them too drastically. I am just glad that they kept the shaft adaptor the same for the new series

Also I never knew that Titleist were so high spin. I guess I'm a player that requires spin?
    Go Sens Go or No Sens No? The struggle of a Sens fan.

Quote Originally Posted by marcf View Post

Just for the record...The 915 D2 and D3 have identical soles. So whether or not the one in the picture is D2 or D3, the comparison to the previous model is the same.

Don't go with the 913hd then as I'm sure you would prefer the standard 913h. I don't mind having to hit the punch shot with a 5-iron. I would just put my hands way in front at address...but need to be careful not to hit a shank though...
    I've got a 913h on the way. I'll report back once I get it. I might have to play around with different shafts before I'm 100% satisfied.

Thread Information