+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    I am still suffering effects of this hit and have Cerebral Spinal Fluid coming out of my right ear likely as a result of this hit. The resulting Dizziness, Vertigo really challenges my already lacking game. I find out Sept 11 what they can do about it after I had a spinal tap with special dye for both CT and MRI .

Then Sunday on 16 Premiere I almost get clocked again. While waiting for the group ahead to clear; the group behind landed one two feet behind me that bounced 10 yards ahead. When I turned around with my arms out in the universal sign of W. T. F. they yelled that they normally don't hit it that far.

If you think you could hit it far enough to get the people in front, DON'T!

The stress of this added to my blood pressue, increasing my fluid flow and dizziness and ruined what was to that point, the best I've been able to put together this year.
    "Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men...
    the other 999 follow women." - Groucho Marx

Consistently present SnazzyD is on a distinguished road
    That's terrible - fingers crossed you get good news on the 11th.

I got hit in the head standing on #2 teebox at Casselman years ago. Someone's shank that came over a blind hill - I heard that whistling sound and turned my head just as it was about to hit, catching it on the orbital bone instead of my eye or temple just an inch either away. I (stupidly) finished the round with an icebag from the course and then went to ER on the way home - I got really lucky, I suppose.

If you think you could hit it far enough to get the people in front, DON'T!
    This is always good advice. Given the other thread on slow play, I wonder how much delay it creates when people delay on the teebox because they've had a few mighty drives in the past. I often struggle with this because I've hit the ball 300+ yards before, but don't usually catch it pure like that anymore. I feel stupid telling my playing partners that I need to wait a bit longer before hitting when there's a chance I may rust-duff it. Safety should always come first, though....
    Last edited by SnazzyD; 09-02-2015 at 03:37 PM.

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    Yep, I hit the ball quite a bit longer than average, and it still annoys and frightens me when I'm standing over my tee shot and can hear the people behind me teeing off... from a shorter tee box!

A good rule of thumb is if the people are standing over their tee shots, don't tee off no matter how short you think you drive. Also, make sure you protect your playing partners if they aren't visible from the tee box. If they're around a corner or down a hill (11 Premiere) then stand out within view of the teebox so people can see you. I've played a few times where I've teed off because I see people on the green only to find out the 4th is still in the fairway hidden behind a bush or a hill.

Its a difficult balance between pace of play and cautiousness. For example, on 17 Premiere, I've placed my ball from the black tee box on or near the green occasionally if I catch it solid in the face. Normally I'm 30-40 yards back. I'm always back and forth on whether I wait for the slim chance that I ROLL the ball up to the green people are putting on, or if I go ahead. Its 290 uphill, so even if the ball does make the green its not in flight.

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Well, I've only just recovered from the brain surgery (Jan 2016) to repair the spinal fluid leak. The nerve on that ear took two years to sort of normalize, I can at least hear out of it when the tinnitus subsides. Last fall was when things finally seemed to come back. My balance is almost back to normal as well.
    Can't wait to start practicing and getting lessons again now that I may be able to spatially feel myself again.
    FORE!
    "Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men...
    the other 999 follow women." - Groucho Marx

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Wow, what a nightmare of a journey , welcome back !
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Pitching Wedge jermart is on a distinguished road
    Wishing you all the best Stevek. Nightmare journey is correct.

Thread Information