100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Bouche

Flagstick Open at eQuinelle July 26-27

I am assuming everyone that played in it last year will be signing up again. The event was amazing last year and is probably one of my favourite weekends over the summer.

I was looking at the 2014 Field and it's HUGE! Already 80+ people signed up.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    I'm in again , great tourney as you said .
    Definitely a highlight in the season for me
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I'm signed up for it. looking forward to a great weekend.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    A great event, on a really fair golf course. Probably the best fit for every kind of player of the 3 courses in the series.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Bouche
    What is even more amazing is that the City and District is the 3 days following the tournament. Hopefully 5 days of tournament golf for me.

Monday - Outaouias
    Tuesday- eQuinelle
    Wednesday- Rideau View

Pitching Wedge BamYan is on a distinguished road
    Where is it and how can we register, i would love to play i am an 85 to 95 player?

thank you
    Yan

Quote Originally Posted by BamYan View Post
    Where is it and how can we register, i would love to play i am an 85 to 95 player?

thank you
    Yan
    register here: http://flagstick.com/flagstick-open-at-equinelle/

It's flighted but your cap just determines your flight. Flights aren't determined until a week or so before the event, based on the players and the caps who have entered.

Pitching Wedge BamYan is on a distinguished road
    Thank you!

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    I am out his year, it happens to fall right on our family vacation and i will be in Cuba, I hate to miss this event as it is my favorite of the 3 but what can you do. Hope you guys all play well and i can be back in for next season. See you in Brockville
    Twitter: Gropper76

Bouche
    This might be one of the biggest local tournaments this year 90+ and growing.

3 Wood Brewcee is on a distinguished road Brewcee's Avatar
    I am in the same boat, putting together 5 solid rounds will be a challenge for me ... Plus I never play well at Outaouias

Quote Originally Posted by Brewcee View Post
    I am in the same boat, putting together 5 solid rounds will be a challenge for me ... Plus I never play well at Outaouias
    ??? It's 2 rounds and at eQuinelle.

3 Wood Brewcee is on a distinguished road Brewcee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    ??? It's 2 rounds and at eQuinelle.
    I thought I was replying to Bouche regarding comment about city and district, which is 3 days right after Flagstick Open, making for 5 competitive rounds in 5 days. I must have hit wrong reply button since it didn't include his post.

My bad.

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    I'm looking forward to 5 straight days of competitive golf, hoping I can bring my A-game for both tournaments.

Birdie marcf is on a distinguished road marcf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DenisO View Post
    I'm looking forward to 5 straight days of competitive golf, hoping I can bring my A-game for both tournaments.
    Make sure to update your calandar, its not 5 days straight.

Equinelle RD1 Saturday 26th, RD2 Sunday 27th

City And Districts RD1 Monday 28th, RD2 Tuesday 29th , RD3 Thursday 31st.

5 rounds in 6 days. Wednesday could come in handy for a day off.

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    Good catch Marc, thanks! Assumed it would just be Wednesday as Round 3.

Quote Originally Posted by marcf View Post
    Make sure to update your calandar, its not 5 days straight.

Equinelle RD1 Saturday 26th, RD2 Sunday 27th

City And Districts RD1 Monday 28th, RD2 Tuesday 29th , RD3 Thursday 31st.

5 rounds in 6 days. Wednesday could come in handy for a day off.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    FYI - there's only a few spots left. It's a great event!

Register here. http://flagstick.com/flagstick-open-at-equinelle/
    Last edited by LobWedge; 07-16-2014 at 06:47 PM.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Bouche
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    FYI - there's only a few spots left. It's a great event!

Register here. http://flagstick.com/flagstick-open-at-equinelle/

Can't wait! Is there a deadline to enter and when are the tee times up?

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Signed up yesterday. Fantastic event.
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouche View Post
    Can't wait! Is there a deadline to enter and when are the tee times up?
    My guess is that registration will close at the end of this weekend, and the draw will be up early next week.

107 registered so far. Probably room for 120 max.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Can't wait for this , it's a very well run tourney , one of the best in the region IMO .
    Those who are still waiting / contemplating , should snag the last spots quick , you won't regret it
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

got this email last week:

Thank you for registering to participate in the Flagstick Open at eQuinelle Golf Club...the second of three events in the BMG CUP Series. We are extremely pleased to have you in the field and are very excited about a great weekend of golf at eQuinelle Golf Club. There have been a number of question with regards to the event and this should shed some light on some of the details.

Flights
    This event is a flighted tournament featuring four flights. These flights will be established on the day of the event and will be based on a percentage of field. We will try to divide the field evenly but some flights could have more players in them than others.

Tees
    We use our own setup and not the courses tee set up. A, B & C Flights will play the black BMG tees and D Flight will play the red BMG tees. Our team will determine the position of the tees as well as the pin positions for the weekend and will make the needed adjustments depending on the weather and course conditions.

Tee-Times
    The tee sheet will be posted 48 hrs before the tournament (possibly earlier) depending on the status of paid registrants at the time we formulate the draw. The field will play with the same flights on both days regardless of score but will be seeded within that flight according to score. We will be accommodating tee-time requests for those travelling etc. as best we can.

Golf Genius
    This year we launched have partnered with Golf Genius to bring a better scoring experience for the series. Each player who has not yet played a series event this year will be receiving an email once the roster is set. Please register for Golf Genius once you get this email as it allows us to create a PGA Tour style portal for the participants.

Payment
    If you have not yet done so...please contact the eQuinelle pro shot to arrangement for payment of your entry fee. Phil Rankin or Katherine Vollet are the contacts at eQuinelle should you have any questions to this regard. Carts are allowed and you must make arrangements with the pro shop to book at cart.

Stay tuned for additional updates the closer we get to tournament time as I am sure there will be things that need to clarified prior to your tee-time.

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    Signed up for it, looking forward to have my score posted for everyone to see.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    OVGA 'A' is there on the 29th for Round 2. I wonder what kind of condition the course will be in for that after having the Flagstick there for two days, with only one day between.....

Bouche
    Quote Originally Posted by Txxxxxxx View Post
    OVGA 'A' is there on the 29th for Round 2. I wonder what kind of condition the course will be in for that after having the Flagstick there for two days, with only one day between.....

They have enough turf that I dont see it being much of a problem. Course should play great all 3 days,.

Wouldn't there be 120 golfers per day Saturday and Sunday on the course regardless if the tournament was on or not? It's only 36 holes of golf. Even elite events that are 54 or 72 holes the course is still in great shape after the event PLUS the practice rounds that are played on the day (or 2) immediately before the first round. I don't see how the tournament will affect the conditions too adversely. Most of the tournament players will fix their ball marks on greens a heck of a lot more often than normal weekend play.

Much adieu about nothing...

Wouldn't there be 120 golfers per day Saturday and Sunday on the course regardless if the tournament was on or not? It's only 36 holes of golf. Even elite events that are 54 or 72 holes the course is still in great shape after the event PLUS the practice rounds that are played on the day (or 2) immediately before the first round. I don't see how the tournament will affect the conditions too adversely. Most of the tournament players will fix their ball marks on greens a heck of a lot more often than normal weekend play.

This^

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar

Well we held the Alexander of Tunis, and I can tell you, after two rounds of golf, there were LOTS of divots in the fairway. Filled with sand of course, but when the calibre of folders is similar, the divots tend to be in the ideal landing spot.

A regular day at the club with 120 golfers, will have different tee boxes played, and people spraying it all over.

That's all I was getting at.

We had the Club Championship at Eagle Creek, a couple of days after two single day events. It was far from ideal.

Not saying it's going to be poor. I'm sure they'll do their best.

Well we held the Alexander of Tunis, and I can tell you, after two rounds of golf, there were LOTS of divots in the fairway. Filled with sand of course, but when the calibre of folders is similar, the divots tend to be in the ideal landing spot.

A regular day at the club with 120 golfers, will have different tee boxes played, and people spraying it all over.

That's all I was getting at.

We had the Club Championship at Eagle Creek, a couple of days after two single day events. It was far from ideal.

Not saying it's going to be poor. I'm sure they'll do their best.
    Flagstick Equinelle has 120 players in 4 flights of varying skills / handicaps. Not as a bunched a field in ability or consistency such as Tunis field would be.

Thread Information