100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    HAMMOND...
    Played there today for first time in several months. Course in very good shape and greens a little tighter and running a little faster than I recall. Big change I noticed is a lot of work being done to clean out under the evergreens (other than the cedars) up to the 6' level. Makes finding errant shots a little easier and opens course up a bit. Would like to still see some definition behind some of the greens such as #17.
    "All I need to know about life, I learned from my dog".

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Played Loch March for the first time yesterday-------------lots of variation--nice course---all in decent condition BUT----the ^%&*% flies were ridiculous---there were times you were standing in a cloud. I have never in my whole life seen anything like that. Maybe the problem is too much standing water ???????????? Then around 4:30 the mosquitoes decided to join the flock--unreal.

It was 39.00 after 1:00.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Need a Caddy jmwhite is on a distinguished road jmwhite's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Played Loch March for the first time yesterday-------------lots of variation--nice course---all in decent condition BUT----the ^%&*% flies were ridiculous---there were times you were standing in a cloud. I have never in my whole life seen anything like that. Maybe the problem is too much standing water ???????????? Then around 4:30 the mosquitoes decided to join the flock--unreal.

It was 39.00 after 1:00.
    That's one course I'm dying to try but have been avoiding like the plague because of the bugs.

Wannamaker brucestats is on a distinguished road brucestats's Avatar
    it would be neat to have a "bug" index of some sort for area courses. In many ways, its just as important to me than any rating variable. I think the highland courses win out in this regard.
    My paycheck goes to my dogs.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Meadows have punched the North 9 recently so "plinko putting " is all you should expect , but unfortunately that nine seems to have a grub issue too and the Skunks have torn up a few fairways too. The West nine was in fine shape , i'm not sure about east or south , you may want to call ahead to check if your considering playing it
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Played Loch March this morning and the course was in decent shape , it's lost a bit of conditioning from a few years ago , eg the bunkers weren't even raked properly this morning and the course was fully booked all day .
    Bugs weren't an issue if you put on some spray
    Trees colours were spectacular though
    Last edited by Wilster; 09-28-2014 at 06:59 PM.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Annual Fall excursion to Oaks of Cobden today. That course just never lets you down! Fantastic tee to green, greens in perfect shape albeit a little longer than norm and scenery to die for with all the Fall colours showing in full splendour! Beautiful day, beautiful course in the beautiful Ottawa Valley!
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Ace DecoyOctopus is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by imozzie View Post
    Annual Fall excursion to Oaks of Cobden today. That course just never lets you down! Fantastic tee to green, greens in perfect shape albeit a little longer than norm and scenery to die for with all the Fall colours showing in full splendour! Beautiful day, beautiful course in the beautiful Ottawa Valley!

Whats there as well today, the views were just majestic. Course is in phenominal shape as always.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Great will be there on Wednesday
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    You will absolutely love it...take a camera...you won't regret it!
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Anderson Links
    Played weekly game there today, East/West. All holes punched, fresh plugs on all fairways/first cut and mown VERY close. Punching of greens varied from hole/hole so some had big holes, some barely noticeable but all sanded heavily. I'm sure after a good rain/watering they will fill in nicely. Scored well so cannot say it had much impact on my game (bogey golf).
    "All I need to know about life, I learned from my dog".

Thread Information