CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Malone

Ace Felix is on a distinguished road Felix's Avatar

Malone

Heading down to Malone next week anybody been there or heard abut the shape its in

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    Was down at the beginning of June. Course was in great shape but a third of the greens had winter kill.
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

Thanks Scott good to know, I have 28 guys going down and they keep asking

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Thanks Scott good to know, I have 28 guys going down and they keep asking
    Felix---would you give a report when you return ? It will help us all.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

I will be more then happy to let you know the conditions in Malone

Here is the report lads. Malone tee boxes and fairways outstanding on both the east and the west courses. The greens had some winter kill on some greens but nothing drastic, The worst green was number 9 on the east course but not really that bad. Greens were really slow to putt on though. Staff was totally awesome very respectful and courteous. I had a group of 28 guys and everyone had a great time and enjoyed the courses
    Last edited by Felix; 06-28-2014 at 04:16 PM.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Great, we are headed there on the 12, 13 of July
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Where are you staying Lefty. We stayed at Econo Lodge, a little run down but clean in the rooms. Also they have a picnic area with a covered area with BB Q and picnic tables where we all sat around and shot the breeze with a few cold ones till all hours of the night

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I went with a group of 12 on May long weekend, we had a great time, and I would agree with your assessment of both the course and the Econo Lodge, Felix. I wouldn't stay there with my wife, but it was the perfect venue for a boy's weekend, super-affordable and fairly close to home. We're already planning the 2nd annual...
    Andrew

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    Im going down there next month but will only be playing one round, which 1 of the 2 course should i play?
    Twitter: Gropper76

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar
    Both are excellent but East course is better. Worth playing it for #14 alone. From their website ...

The East Course (Par 72) has a dynamite front nine originally designed by Donald Ross and Willard G Wilkinson in the 1930s. A 1991 Golf Week Magazine article rated it the "Best Pure Classic Nine" in the world and said it "includes a fabulous Redan, a roller coaster short par-five, and pure-links style bunkering".

The back nine is a testament to Robert Trent Jones design with 90-foot drops from tee to greens and 150-yard carries over spring fed ponds. The par five 10th is a monster hole that requires both distance and accuracy. The fairway is cut through a stand of towering pine trees, its large undulating green protected by typical Robert Trent Jones configuration of strategically placed sand traps. The par 3 14th is literally breath-taking as the tee is perched high above a small plateau-like green. An Adirondack Life magazine article described it best "If there is golf in heaven, it must be like the East course."
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Thanks Felix---trying to decide between Royal Laurentian and Malone for 8 couples in late August. We have been before and the hospitality in the whole area was superb----they should do "tourism lessons" to the big cities.

Big Mac, If you are going down with wife's or lady friends I suggest you stay at the Holiday Inn. It is fairly new and quite nice with Moe's Bar and Grill on site its a no brainer

Thanks again Felix---yes for sure---the first time we went we were quite surprised at some of the accommodation----great for a guys trip but we should keep the ladies happy. I'm surprised with all in out of towners playing there---the golf course doesn't build a small motel/hotel---golf in the summer and cross-country/snowmobile in the winter---it's a great location.

I was talking to one of the fellows in the pro shop and there are actually a few members from Ottawa and Montreal.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Big Mac, Royal Laurentian is pretty amazing, and more to do around there than in Malone and I would rank that golf course ahead of Malone as well but you know A and A1 ratings.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Lefty--I have played it many times over the last 10 years---I'm hoping it did not suffer like the other higher altitude courses. It is not the hardest course in the world but the conditions have always been awesome.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I am surprised the greens at Malone were slow, usually they are killer fast, especially when you are behind the flag putting back towards the front of the greens....

Lob Wedge JCLefty is on a distinguished road
    I was just at Malone for a two day golf vacation.

We played the East Course the first day. The greens on the East were anything but slow; you did not want to be high of the pin. Sometimes our first downhill putt ended up off the green lol. The East greens had a bit of winter kill on them which made it tough. The layout of the East course was insane; if you missed your approach there was a good chance you would end up with a double bogey.

The west course was in great shape. An easier layout for sure over the East course except for some of the pin locations but overall our group scored a lot lower on the west course.

Thread Information