100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter cabler is on a distinguished road

protee base 2 package - Good price?

Hi all,
    I am building a golf/theater room over my garage (21'x34'). I was 99% set on a GC2 and was a against the sensor type system. Sense it will be a multi-purpose room, used to watch sports, movies, video games, and 11 year old boys knee hockey games, I was really concerned about damaging the sensors, wires, etc.
    After reading a lot of the threads here, it seems like you get a ton for your money with the protee system and I like the idea of not having to sacrifice club head date as I would with the GC2 (cant afford the HMT and don't like the idea of using stickers). I have about 10-12k total to spend on the system (screen, mat, cage, sim/launch monitor). Will be used for practice and game play during the Winter. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also - what would be a good price if I were to bid on this
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ProTee-Golf-...item3ce2d756a8

Thanks so much for everyone's help. This isn't an easy purchase.

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    If you look at the seller history you'll see what he's getting for the system. That'll give you a pretty good idea.

1 Iron Jsgregg is on a distinguished road
    I was in the same exact boat as you. Let me say this...each person must choose what is right for them.

That said, I went with the GC2. I decided that accuracy was the most important factor to me. My 11 year old daughter plays junior golf....and we have found that we LOVE the GC2.

As you know, it is an investment. You have to decide how much you want to invest in your golf game. For me, I took up golf in my 40's...and I want to play for the rest of my life...therefore, it is worth it to me.

Putter cabler is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the response guys. Jsgregg, do you use the sim for a home theater as well? Did you purchase just the LM, or the HMT as well. I'm worried about missing the club data and can't buy the HMT at this point. Did you purchase direct or use a re seller. I have spoken to Cory (par2pro) on the phone in the past and he has been really helpful. Thanks again for all your help, I'm going to need it.

1 Iron Jsgregg is on a distinguished road
    No, I do not use it for a home theater. I have it set up in my garage. I did not buy the HMT, I just bought the GC2 from Foresight directly. I don't feel like I am missing anything at all by not having the HMT. I basically feel like I am at the range without having to leave my house.

Cory is awesome, and is very well respected on these forums. I have also had some really excellent help from golfsimexpert. More on that later

Not quite ready to reveal my studio yet.

Thread Information