CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Lob Wedge Mckeague is on a distinguished road

Where to get fitted

I was thinking of investing in some fitted clubs this summer and was wondering what the consensus was for best place to get fitted. Obviously I've see people post about their experiences with Kevin Haime but has anyone gone to 19th Tee for a fitting? Also I was told at golf town that if you go there for a fitting and then buy clubs they take the cost off the price of the clubs. This obviously sounds like the best deal but are they as good as the other two?

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    Gregg and Joe at the 19th tee can do fittings, but I believe they only have Callaway (and maybe Titleist) fitting carts. Kevin Haime has the majority of club manufacturers fitting carts there if you are not brand loyal and want to try a bunch to find the one that looks and works best for you. I haven't done a fitting with Golftown so I don't really have much opinion.

Another option if you are open to suggestions is getting it done by Don at Artisan Golf in Kanata, or a number of other club fitters/builders on the forum. Don does some pretty detailed fittings for good golfers but is also capable of fitting absolute beginners like my wife a few years ago, while making her feel comfortable doing it.

If you have a brand of club in mind you could also check their website to find the "Fitting Day" somewhere in the area. They normally rotate between golf courses and they could fit you to their specific brand for free. I visited Titleist a few weeks ago at the Marshes to get fit for my new driver. Gregg (19th tee) had fit me during the Winter in his golf school but I took the opportunity for a free second fitting done outdoors rather than indoors during the winter months before dropping the $500. The specs were nearly identical between both Gregg and what the Titleist fitter recommended so I knew it was the right fit for me.

Consistently present SnazzyD is on a distinguished road
    I've heard great things about Les McBride over at Maxxfit golf in Stittsville. He even works with kids and has kids rental clubs for the season.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    The personal touch cant be beat with Les from Maxxfit
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Consistently present SnazzyD is on a distinguished road
    I was going to head over there while Les had his $29.99 tune-up special, but it looks like that's over as it's off the website. Bummer...

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Give him a call anyways, he is pretty accomodating
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Thread Information