CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    Sounds good. I think Pablo was going to set up a home and home event.
    Yes. We were discussing this a while back. Stay tuned for the thread. We're not going to make it a big team thing. Most likely four from each course. Easier to work around schedules etc..

5 Wood rossigm is on a distinguished road rossigm's Avatar
    Here's a proof that some courses are starting to struggle......Believe me a lot more will follow

Attachment 45467

These course should lower there rates!!!!

For example this course charges $45 to for a green fee (I will keep my comments for myself in regards to course condition) but if they’d charge $25 max the place would be a lot busier. A number of courses could charge $25 for the condition they also offer, I've counted at least 12 courses that could charge $25 tops for the condition they offer from the list of Ottawa courses listed on this site and that's just the ones I've played in the past.

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    So every course that offers a promotion is "struggling"?
    Does this apply to bars and restaurants also? What about retail? Every deal means a struggling business?

Have you ever studied economics? Any businesses (other than chains) that are doing well don’t need to do advertisement/promotion. But when a business starts advertising big specials it’s because they aren't doing well.

Come on!!!! A FREE cart + 2 FOR 1 coupons for your next visit, are you trying to tell me they aren’t looking for business????

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rossigm View Post
    Have you ever studied economics? Any businesses (other than chains) that are doing well don’t need to do advertisement/promotion. But when a business starts advertising big specials it’s because they aren't doing well.

Come on!!!! A FREE cart + 2 FOR 1 coupons for your next visit, are you trying to tell me they aren’t looking for business????
    LOL. Really? That's just funny. So every company that advertises/offers promotions is struggling?
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Looking for business and "struggling" are not the same thing!!! Almost every course is looking for more business, as there isn't a single course that operates at capacity. There is nothing wrong with looking for more business.

And just an fyi... Dropping your price to $25 might make you look desperate and seem like you are "struggling"...!

Let's look at your scenario. Golfer A pays $45 and gets a free cart and Golfer B pays $45, and they each get a 2for1 pass. Let's assume they both use the 2for1 Passes together, so after the first round ($90 revenue) the course also gets another $45 in round 2 and $45 in round 3... So $180 revenue for 6 golfers, or $30 per round, instead of $45 per round... Seems like a good promotion to me. No need to offer $25 per round!

Are there restrictions on the 2 for 1 passes? Maybe they have expiry dates? Maybe they don't all get used, meaning they get max revenue for their initial green fees.

I think it is a very smart promotion... And yes, I have some business background... I help run promotions in over 500 retail stores across the country.
    Last edited by golfisforfun; 06-18-2014 at 09:15 AM.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by rossigm View Post
    Yes I have studied economics, and marketing, and business strategy, etc., etc. Such a generalized statement as the one above is just not true. For many businesses, continual advertising and promotion is a key component of their business strategy. They are appealing to a particular segment of the population that responds to coupons and sale promotions. Some people just won't buy unless they feel they're getting a deal.

3 Wood fourlights is on a distinguished road fourlights's Avatar
    You must all agree that more courses than ever are offering deals and cart specials and two for ones. Compared to previous years, especially the mid 90's to mid 2000's, most golf courses would probably say they are down in revenue. Each course is different, but I would be shocked if any golf course in this area is matching rounds played from even just a few years ago.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fourlights View Post
    You must all agree that more courses than ever are offering deals and cart specials and two for ones. Compared to previous years, especially the mid 90's to mid 2000's, most golf courses would probably say they are down in revenue. Each course is different, but I would be shocked if any golf course in this area is matching rounds played from even just a few years ago.
    Agree. There seems to be more deals and the courses are adjusting their rates according to the times of the day.

Here's another example.....With the ridiculous high gas prices I guess people from the Ottawa/Gatineau aren't driving all the way out to Casselman.... Not sure a $5 and $6 discount will help them out but it's a start.

Attachment 45554

@Rossi.... Another example of what? A course that is "struggling" as you say, or a course that is being competitive and going after business... I think you "struggle" to understand the difference.

WHATEVER!!!! Open your eyes man golf courses aren't doing well!!!!

Maybe the cost of a green fee is not an issue for you and me and other members of this forum but it is for a lot of people out there!!!!

Hey I don’t really care! I’m able to play a round in less than 4 hours.

And you have proof of this? Feel free to share your proof. I'd be interested in seeing it. Prices in Ottawa are not high, plain and simple.

Need a Caddy jmwhite is on a distinguished road jmwhite's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golfisforfun View Post
    @Rossi.... Another example of what? A course that is "struggling" as you say, or a course that is being competitive and going after business... I think you "struggle" to understand the difference.
    They key here is remaining competitive. Almost all the courses are on the internet running promotions....it's a highly competitive game. Sure $5-6 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a way for them to get their name out there and stay relevant. More and more people are doing research on the internet for the best deals prior to forking over their hard earned dollars. It's just the way it is now...not a sign that courses are in financial trouble.

@RossiGM... 2for1 Afternoons at Gatineau... Guess they are struggling... I assume they will shut down soon... hahaha

Bogie mikelaurin is on a distinguished road
    All of the courses are down along the Seaway Brockville to Cornwall, if You think different talk to the Owners there is a lot of competition for Your Business or if You still don't think the Golf Business is down get Macleans Magazine good story in there about the industry

Gap Wedge Chucker is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelaurin View Post
    All of the courses are down along the Seaway Brockville to Cornwall, if You think different talk to the Owners there is a lot of competition for Your Business or if You still don't think the Golf Business is down get Macleans Magazine good story in there about the industry
    Here's a link to the story:
    http://www.macleans.ca/economy/busin...e-end-of-golf/

Bogie mikelaurin is on a distinguished road
    Just got back from st Lawrence university course in canton ny 30 bucks with cart course is excellent shape fastest greens I played all year super bargain

Thread Information