100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Post The Gatineau owns Les Vieux Moulins??

I was wondering if someone knows the connection between the 2 courses. The reason being that I called both courses prior to them opening and got the same answering machine. I know the Vieux have had their share of problems financially over the last few years so I wonder if the management only is by the Gatineau or if they actually own it now. With the lack of "reinvestment" back into the course at the Gatineau I am anxious to see if the same mind set is instituted at the Vieux. Too bad if so, that couse has potential to be very good.

Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    The management that runs Champlain and Gatineau now run Les Vieux Moulins. This is the first year they will be operating the course. My understanding is that the ownership has not changed, just the management.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    That is my understanding as well. It should result in an overall improvement of both courses.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I am not sure about an overall improvement, I have seen no improvement in the Gatineau in years.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar

Champlain

Is it true that Champlain was owned by the City or NCC?

5 Wood Thom Panikorn is on a distinguished road

The Vieux

I am a member at the VM. Yes, the management from Gatineau & Champlain is running the VM for the next five years. They are leasing the course with option to buy. As far as I know the improvement budget is funded by the owner but the management is the one who will recommend the plan. We met with the mangement last month and they do have a plan to improve whether it will be accepted by the owner is another story. In any case, it will be in better condition than the last few years for sure because they have lot of experience running the golf courses.

TP

beatnik58
    Never played VM - opinions?

Amateur Golfpeasant is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba
    That is my understanding as well. It should result in an overall improvement of both courses.
    Are you kidding....

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beatnik58
    Pretty good design, fairly flat, andI believe it is clay based because the times I have played there after a good rain it doesn't seem to have drained well.
    With it's handy location and reasonable green fees I consider it a good bang for the buck.

bbad
    Les Vieux Moulins has some very challenging holes on it. Very tight course that rewards good tee shots, and punishes otherwise.

One of my favorite holes in the region is there. Number 13 is a real test for a par 4, as well as number 6 (the green there will give you fits on the left side).

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Bring the bug juice...

It can be very good but the main problem is when the summer heat hits, they have a lack of water and the greens can dry out pretty badly. Nice layout for sure, from the tips it can be very challenging.
    Lefty Lucas

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfpeasant
    Are you kidding....
    Well, its my understanding that the courses are "under new management". Generally, that stands for "trying to improve things", but I guess things could deteriorate further as well.

Bogie Marmotte is on a distinguished road Marmotte's Avatar
    Like most courses in Aylmer, it is flat and bordered with wooded areas. The soil in ths area is clay, so by the end of July, it is getting hard and the ball runs forever.
    The challenging holes are built around artlificial ponds used to store water.The design is well done with no "mickey mouse hole".
    Greens are large and lightly ondulated (this year they had a rough Spring...)
    If you like to walk the course, this is one of the best walk in the park you can find.

Also, for some reason, it seems to attract the nicer breed of golf players.... So the atmosphere is relaxed and people are there to play golf and enjoy their outing.
    [COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=2][FONT=Palatino Linotype]If you bury my ashes on a golf course, just make sure that they are out of bounds, that will be a natural continuation to my life[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Thread Information