100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Lob Wedge jbsquash is on a distinguished road

New Clubs for second year

Just started playing golf last year and fell in love with it. I started off with a Wilson set and am thinking it may be time to upgrade. I have heard a lot of people saying irons are the first thing to be upgraded. Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the Callaway razr x ng clubs? Golftown has them on for 350 and rumour has it they are simply a rebranded razr x. I believe these are game improvement irons. Do people think this would be a good buy or would you suggest something different? I am still awful at this point and want something a little easier to hit that I can use for many years to come.

Oh and I'm a lefty which makes it much more difficult to find clubs.

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    get fitted...get fitted...get fitted!

If you want to enjoy golf, and learn the sport properly you need to get properly fitted for clubs. Length, lie and shaft at a minimum. There's no point learning how to make a proper swing when you're dealing with clubs that don't fit you properly.

You can book an appointment at any one of a number of club fitters in the area, or if you know a specific brand of iron you are looking for, you can find out where they are doing the demo fittings in the area and stop by.

In almost all cases, custom ordered, properly fitted irons cost the same as ones off the rack.

Hybrid jimmyc is on a distinguished road
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by orangetang View Post
    get fitted...get fitted...get fitted!

If you want to enjoy golf, and learn the sport properly you need to get properly fitted for clubs. Length, lie and shaft at a minimum. There's no point learning how to make a proper swing when you're dealing with clubs that don't fit you properly.

You can book an appointment at any one of a number of club fitters in the area, or if you know a specific brand of iron you are looking for, you can find out where they are doing the demo fittings in the area and stop by.

In almost all cases, custom ordered, properly fitted irons cost the same as ones off the rack.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Or go to some of the demo day events and try out some of the new stuff on the market , just don't get pressured into buying anything without a good tryout first
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

5 Iron Pattington22 is on a distinguished road
    I second what OrangeTANG says. I only took up golf last year - also using a used Wilson set - and at the urging of a good friend of mine, went for a club fitting. I was reluctant at first, thinking a new golfer like me wouldn't need a fitting until I was a better golfer. This couldn't have been further from the truth. The fitting was the smartest thing I could have done to improve my game and my confidence, but to know that the clubs I was using were set-up exactly for me.

Thread Information