CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Bogie tigger12 is on a distinguished road

Match play tee box hdcp differences

Played in a match against a woman. I played whites she played reds. Her handicap 26 mine 8. Because of ratings on course she subtracted 4 stokes off her handicap.
    Same foursome the second match of two men. One playing from the whites on playing from the reds. Again 4 strokes subtracted from the white player's handicap.
    My question is shouldn't there be two ratings one for men and one for women from each team box?
    I found some courses do it for the reds and something's the white.
    I didn't seem right that the same 4 stroke adjustment should be made for men and women.
    Average man ( no disrespect meant here) will hit the ball farther.
    Does your course have separate ratings for men and women for each tee box?
    Here is an example from the marshes scorecard with different ratings for men and women.
    Attached Images

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    All tees are rated & sloped for both men and women by Golf Canada. To not print both is an omission.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    According to Golf Canada, there is no slope/rating for the women other than White/Red.

England Golf Referee AAA is on a distinguished road
    Golf Canada website says Every member golf course should have a Course Rating and Slope rating for each set of tees at the course.

Where do you get the white/red restriction from ?

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    I think what he meant when he said 'According to Golf Canada', was that he checked the ratings of the Marshes Golf Club on Golf Canada, and it only had white/red ratings for women.

Quote Originally Posted by AAA View Post
    Golf Canada website says Every member golf course should have a Course Rating and Slope rating for each set of tees at the course.

Where do you get the white/red restriction from ?

England Golf Referee AAA is on a distinguished road
    Probably makes sense given the length of the Blue and Gold

5 Iron adanac is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    All tees are rated & sloped for both men and women by Golf Canada. To not print both is an omission.
    Not so. Course ratings are done by the provincial golf associations, and not all tees are rated for both men and women. Typically all would be rated for men, but only the shorter two or three would be rated for women.

Bogie tigger12 is on a distinguished road
    I went on the Golf Canada site and started reviewing scorecards. The majority have ratings for white and red tee boxes for men and women but some very good courses only have one set of ratings.
    Very few have ratings for all tee boxes.
    So, now the question. I played a woman in our match play event. I won on the 18th. After finding out about male/female ratings it came to the organizers attention that she used a man's rating not a woman's. If she had used a women' seating she would have won. I think I should lose the match. No other matches with women have occurred yet in the event.
    What would your club's ruling be?

5 Iron adanac is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger12 View Post
    I went on the Golf Canada site and started reviewing scorecards. The majority have ratings for white and red tee boxes for men and women but some very good courses only have one set of ratings.
    Very few have ratings for all tee boxes.
    So, now the question. I played a woman in our match play event. I won on the 18th. After finding out about male/female ratings it came to the organizers attention that she used a man's rating not a woman's. If she had used a women' seating she would have won. I think I should lose the match. No other matches with women have occurred yet in the event.
    What would your club's ruling be?
    The match stands as played.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    It's also possible that the slope rating would approach the maximum of 155 for the other tees for women. It's already at 130 for the white tees.

Regarding women vs. men, and playing from different tees, there are very specific guidelines in the Golf Canada handicap manual.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Thread Information