CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TheTurn tee

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road

TheTurn tee

Wondering if anyone has tried the new tee that Brad Fritsch is now endorsing? I gave one a try today and I have mixed reviews. I like that you can set the tee for the exact height that works best. I found that if the ground is hard it is difficult to put in the ground like many other plastic tees. The first one I used broke after the 5th time using it so could become expensive compared to the old wooden tees. One of the other guys I was playing with used done for most of his round with no problem other than the trouble getting it in the ground a couple of times. I'd be interested in hearing what others have to say about it. I'll give one another go tomorrow. The other thing is I usually keep my tees tucked under my hat and I can't do it with these ones

Bouche
    Put it this way Gerry, I have broken a wedge tee. I have NOT broken a turn tee. I have been using them all year. Im actually suprised you broke one. I think they have good value to them and yes they can be hard to get into the ground.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    my theory is that its a tee. It really doesn't need any improvements. I scratch my head at all the companies trying to fix something that isn't broken. The old wooden ones work just fine, I find them on the tee boxes and I haven't bought a tee in 20 years.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

I'm with you jeffc but I was given these so thought I would give them a try. Just like the Brush tee that I tried and they broke for me and when I emailed the company about them they said I was using them wrong. How the hell do you use a tee wrong, put it in the ground and put a ball on it. DUH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gbower View Post
    I'm with you jeffc but I was given these so thought I would give them a try. Just like the Brush tee that I tried and they broke for me and when I emailed the company about them they said I was using them wrong. How the hell do you use a tee wrong, put it in the ground and put a ball on it. DUH!!!!
    that's funny Gerry. I did get a turn tee at the golf show and its in my bag so I should try it but really I don't see the point? It's not that hard to put it in the ground and get it at the height you want. Or maybe it is for some people.

Bouche
    I got them for christmas but they have lasted forever!

When the ground is hard on the tee box they bend a lot trying to push it in where the good old wooden ones don't. Bouche you'd never use a regular tee as you just leave the driver in the bag.

Bouche
    Quote Originally Posted by gbower View Post
    When the ground is hard on the tee box they bend a lot trying to push it in where the good old wooden ones don't. Bouche you'd never use a regular tee as you just leave the driver in the bag.

Shots fired! I hit driver all the time I just chose not to use it at Greensmere I have used that tee for atleast 50 swings and its still standing strong. I also find when the tee does get pulled from the ground on a swing its always directly behind you.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    I had one , it lasted about 4 holes before it snapped in half.
    I can't see me buying them anytime soon
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    The guy that invented this tee is from Montreal and I believe he has moved to Ottawa recently. His brother lives across the street from me. I bought these tees a few years ago when they were first called the Adjustable Tee and I quite like them, they do bend sometimes but they last a long time. I just heard from the guys at Golfworks that the company is going through the whole approval thing again with the USGA, all because of the name change. I broke one once but it was a monster driver swing from hell when I tried to really get it long. Buy some they work well and are a Canadian company with a Canadian design, proudly made in Canada.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

I actually got through a whole round today without breaking one. WooHoo!!!

Fairway Junkie sharkshooter is on a distinguished road sharkshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouche View Post
    I have used that tee for atleast 50 swings and its still standing strong. .
    How many of those swings actually hit something?

Just jealous because I haven't made even one swing yet this year.

6 Iron EagleEagle is on a distinguished road
    I like the adjustability and the colours make it easier to find .I don't mind the dollar a t if they lasted longer.Were mine are breaking is the piece that stops the t from pushing in the ground futher.It always cracks there and half falls off. Should of made that section out of softer plastic or rubber instead of hard plastic.

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar
    My freebie from the golf show broke there as well but not until into my 5th round with it. Went and bought an 8 pack at Golfworks that I'm expecting to last me the season.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

I have broken three in five rounds. I'll see how long the last two go then that's it for me. I sure won't spend any money for them.

I e mailed the owner and he has sent me some replacement tees in the mail which I thought was nice.He will also look into the plastic nut that keeps breaking with his manufacturer.Some people really like the tees but would not buy more if they keep braking,so I hope he can fix the problem.I get frustrated enough when they go flying and I can't find it.Almost like loosing a good ball.

Bouche
    The owner was also at Pineview the other day with a great display of every colour. Everyone that went to the 1st tee got one!

I feel like they are doing a really good job!

6 Iron Biffster26 is on a distinguished road Biffster26's Avatar
    I got one from the golf show and have been using the same one for 18 rounds now. Love the fact that I can keep a consistent height easily. Have used a wedge tee in the past but like this better as it looks just like a traditional tee and only have one tee in my pocket (I use broken tees for my irons and 3 wood).

With the new tees the owner sent me I am still on my fist one,3 rounds so far and not broken.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    that's funny Gerry. I did get a turn tee at the golf show and its in my bag so I should try it but really I don't see the point? It's not that hard to put it in the ground and get it at the height you want. Or maybe it is for some people.
    ok, so i finally pulled out the turn tee I got at the golf show last week. For the record, it was about 22C when i tried it. One swing with the driver at Stonebridge and it snapped. I guess I was using it wrong as well.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Clublink tees are my favorites
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Thread Information