+ Reply to Thread
    Pitching Wedge Unkynd is on a distinguished road

Project question (Does it have to be Short Throw)

subject should have been Projector question, oops

I assume people are using Short Throw projectors because with someone standing in the middle of the room swinging a club it has the potential to block out the projection. My room is 152 inches by 209 inches, and it's 118 inches high (12'x17' w/9.8' ceiling). I plan to put the impact screen on the 152 inch wall, which means I have about 15' of space for the projector if needed. Has anyone ceiling mounted a projector behind the hitting area with 10' ceilings and not had issues with the golfer blocking the image?

Is there something that simulates the light beam from the projector to give an idea of how much clearance one needs to get the image to the screen?

I was looking at the BenQ W1070, any other suggestions? The simulator is a GC2 if that matters.

2 Iron DjPiLL is on a distinguished road
    I have a rear mounted projector, I stand in front of it and I have no issue with shadows or people blocking the projection. The projector simply has to be mounted high enough. I tried the short throw setup, didn't care for it as I always thought I was going to hit it.

Excellent, Thanks DjPiLL

3 Wood Golfmaxxx is on a distinguished road Golfmaxxx's Avatar
    I also have a rear mounted projector about 20 feet away. I set it up high and off center to the right to try to avoid shadows. (its about 9 feet up) I've keystoned it to make a flat picture but I dont get a shadow when hitting driver and woods. The closer I am to the ball, the more shadow I cast. My next one will be a short throw above me or on the ground like the golfsimulatorguys videos. Right now im happy for the 375$ I paid for it.

with my room being only 12' wide, I'm thinking my hitting area will probably be right of center, which means I'll probably be standing right in the middle of the room. since most projectors want to be centered in the room, I'll almost certainly be in the path. That said, the ceiling is 10' high and I'm only 5'8, so I'm thinking the projector will have enough clearance to get the image to the screen. I'll be hitting about 8' from the screen and the projector will be about 14' from the screen.

I was worried that if I put a short throw into the mix, I'd risk hitting it with a golf club. I think I'd rather deal with some shadows than a shattered projector.

Thread Information