CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

Question Looking for... Gutters / Eavestrough - remove/replace

In Orléans area. Looking for recommendations...
    "All I need to know about life, I learned from my dog".

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Hey Bruce--I dealt with a firm in Canotek Park a few years ago but be dammed if I can remember the name---good price and quick---I'll see if I can find them for you.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    Modern eavestrough.
    Born to Golf Forced to Work

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Precision...
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Here here for precision. I've heard some bad things about modern.

Thanks to ALL. I usually vet these through BBB first but also see that www. canada411.ca has reviews in their business listings. Very enlightening. I'll post again when job done to give my review.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Precision has been doing a lot of work around us, but they have some pretty poor reviews from EVERYONE who have dealt with them out here. I live in a new neighbourhood in Kanata, and they are all over the place here. I would recommend MAIZE with no hesitation. They gave me their best price right off the bat, and didn't use strong arm tactics like Precision did. Precision also tried to sell me leaf protector, and we won't have a tree high enough to get leaves in them, for another 20 years!!! They also have a pro-rated warranty. So the 25 year warranty, is not actually 25 years. They also tried to up sell me on brackets, even though all the brackets being used now, are ordered from the same company in Montreal. Their quote was $900 HIGHER than ALL of the others who came to my door. Everyone else was within $100 of each other.

MAIZE if you want great installers and good customer service.

Precision if you like used car sales people, who try to pull the wool over your eyes....

I essentially had the completely opposite interaction and experience with Precision. In fact they were cheaper than Maize and Modern and the gentleman i dealt with was kind and courteous. Of course they are going to try and up sell you, come on they are trying to make money!??

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I essentially had the completely opposite interaction and experience with Precision. In fact they were cheaper than Maize and Modern and the gentleman i dealt with was kind and courteous. Of course they are going to try and up sell you, come on they are trying to make money!??
    You're kidding right? You think it's good business practice to try to mislead customers? Telling people about fasteners that they call an "upgrade", that everyone else use as standard. And trying to deceive people, saying they need these gutter guards for leaves when there are no trees!?? Hahah!

Precision ONLY became cheaper once we all told the sales guy we were not using him. This was the same experience for more than a dozen new homes in my area. I know this, because they're all on my street, and all came to me when I had my Maize sign up, since we were one of the first homes built.

So lucky for you that you had a better experience, but this is not the common theme for Precision.

Just ask Geoff about his experience with them in a totally different area.

I was a site supervisor for a home builder in Ottawa back in 2005 before I moved to Edmonton, and we had the same sort of poor business and warranty issues with our home owners who used them.

Our builder here, who builds all over the city, also echoed our sentiments when we asked for recommendation on companies.

Coincidence? I think not.
    Last edited by Txxxxxxx; 05-26-2014 at 08:14 AM.

Fairway Junkie sharkshooter is on a distinguished road sharkshooter's Avatar
    Did a lot of research when we bought our last home (14 years ago) and went with Maize. Excellent price and service. No issues for the 10 years we lived there. When we bought our current home 4 years ago, went with Maize again.

Okie dokie.

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Got quotes a few years ago, went with Joel Daniels Inc. Quality design, materials and work - I have had absolutely no problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    Got quotes a few years ago, went with Joel Daniels Inc. Quality design, materials and work - I have had absolutely no problems at all.
    I hear he is also great. One acquaintance really liked how they use square downspouts, so he can change the direction of diversion in the Winter and Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Thanks to ALL. I usually vet these through BBB first but also see that www. canada411.ca has reviews in their business listings. Very enlightening. I'll post again when job done to give my review.
    Sorry for late reply. Went with Maize (Jun 19). Estimator was impressive and price was competitive. Arranged for a call ahead but went out one morning and when we came back all done. Did everything as asked and installed the caps too. Have had a few heavy rains since and all seems to work well. A few spikes from old gutter found in lawn but overall very pleased.

Thread Information