CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Shotmaker spidey is on a distinguished road spidey's Avatar

Question New Balls on the Market

<in reply to the post on the Noodle which might be better here>

There are a lot of new balls that I'm sure we'd all like to hear about....

Titleist NXT Tour and Distance
    - the rumour is they don't feel and putt like a classic Titleist should

Titleist HVC Tour and Distance and L-Distance

Precept Laddie

Wilson True

Nike Double C

Callaway HX

...and in addition to the Noodle.. the A10

It'd be nice to hear something about them... especially the cheaper ones.
    [color=blue]s[/color][color=red]p[/color][color=blue]i[/color][color=red]d[/color][color=blue]e[/color][color=red]y[/color]

[color=seagreen]"Got more dirt than ball. Here we go again."
    Alan Shepard, Apollo 14 Commander, Amateur-Golfer, preparing to take another swing during his famous moon walk in 1971.
    [/color]

I Just Won't Leave big easy is on a distinguished road

Titleist HVC Tour

I played the Titleist HVC Tour and considering the cost, I love this ball. I acknowledge that at this time of the year every balls will bite on greens but both the feel and control was really interesting. Nice feel on putting too. I've bought 3 dozens at Costco for 29.99$ each dozen. More than 24 balls for the cost of 12 Pro V1!!! I have tried some "cheap" Titleist balls in the past (SF distance for instance) and I was unable to have any distance control. These balls were crazy. I've never flew so many greens... It is interesting to be long of the tee but you have sometime to be close to the pin to collect some bucks from your buddies!

Birdie Slammin' Stever is on a distinguished road Slammin' Stever's Avatar

Good performing golf balls at a reasonable price.

You may have been wondering where you can get a good performing golf ball at a reasonable price that will not break the bank. Go to this company's web page and they will direct you to their nearest dealer in your area. They have introduced a new Synergy two piece long ball along with their Toppoint golf ball lines. They do not advertise nationally so they can keep their cost down and pass on the savings to the consumer.

http://www.golftoppoint.com

I use the the Toppoint Multiplex 80 compression (a true 80) and have gained about 10 yards on with my 7 iron in this cold weather. They do have a number of balls to choose from but I personally like the 80 compression for this time of year.

Hope this helps.

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar

hvc

big easy, I read your post and ran out to Walmart and bought a box of HVC tours. They have them on sale for $27.44/dozen.

I will be trying them this week. Normally I play the xl3000 super spin, I find it to be excellent performance for the price.

I'd love to try some of the other new balls like callaway HX, prov1*, precept tour etc. but not at $60+ per dozen.

I'll let yo know how the hvc's work for me.

Pitching Wedge GrantTotten is on a distinguished road

Does the ball matter for a high-handicapper?

Hey all,

I'm early in my golf addiction and I've been using cheapo "previously enjoyed" balls. In general they don't look too bad, but I was wondering...

Does the quality/used-ness of a ball really affect its behaviour enough that a high-handicapper such as myself would notice?

Thanks,
    Grant
    Argh! Another slice...

Grant,

Until you can personally tell the difference between balls by feel, I would consider it unimportant for you to worry about. Keep using what you can afford (or afford to lose), and when your game improves to the point where you know what you like in a golf ball, then it's time to make some price decisions.

Until then, a previously enjoyed Titleist is probably the best ball you can get.

ps. Anybody else still remember the Canada Cup? From Consumer's Distributing. $8.99/dz. They're probably still picking them out of the turf at Edgewood from when I was cutting my teeth.
    [color=blue]s[/color][color=red]p[/color][color=blue]i[/color][color=red]d[/color][color=blue]e[/color][color=red]y[/color]

Alan Shepard, Apollo 14 Commander, Amateur-Golfer, preparing to take another swing during his famous moon walk in 1971.
    [/color]

7 Wood chad is on a distinguished road

NXT tour

A friend and myself have just purchased 4 dozen NXT tour balls on E-Bay (really cheap) I am really anxious to try them out. Has anybody played them yet, so far I have heard that they are pretty similar to the Pro V.

Golf Club Review says....

On-course, all GCR testers found this NXT particularly unappealing around the green. Pitch shots and chips were problematic for everyone. Each tester found that the ball ran far too much. Each found that getting the ball to check up was difficult. Titleist claims "shot-stopping control" for this ball. We did not experience that. All testers also found the NXT Distance to be too hot and hard coming off of a putter. Learning the pace of the ball was difficult on all but the slowest greens.
    The whole article...

[/color]

7 Wood chad is on a distinguished road

NXT Tour

Thanx for that Spidey! I will let you know what I think when I get them!

3 Wood LongHitta is on a distinguished road LongHitta's Avatar

NXT Tour

I've been switching back and forth from DT Distance to Precept Tour Adv. for 2 years now
    I bought the NXT Tour during the winter at GolfLand just to see what they'd be like. I've tried them 3 rounds this year at 3 differeent courses and have has same conclusions on each. THe ball feels very soft, but at the same time its very durable. I used to scuff alot of balls, not this one!
    The biggest difference i noticed, was iron control with this ball. I could get pretty good movement if i wanted, and not. I agree with everyone , though, when they say it isnt great around the green. My chipping is terrible this year, and i'm starting to wonder if its the ball.
    overall: 8/10

3 Wood LongHitta is on a distinguished road LongHitta's Avatar

putting - NXT

sorry, forgot to add this

Putting with the NXT Tour has been good too, i've been getting
    lots of good lag putts with this ball. Last round , in fact, i driained 1 eagle and 2 birdie putts. I guess i got the feel of the ball quickly.
    in response to the ball being hot off the putter, i dont agree, if i missed putts, they've been short, not a lot of long ones

Lifeguard
    I'm a big fan of Top-Flite balls. I play XL 2000 Exeptional Spin. Its cheap, soft feel, great distance. I'm going to try the XL 3000. I 'll see if its better. I hear it is. Great balls for cheap prices.
    If you want the best balls, I think the titleist Pro V1 is an extremly great ball but very pricey!!!!!

Hope this helps...Have Fun!!

Gap Wedge toolman2001 is on a distinguished road

NXT Tour

Decided to try the NXT Tour recently and I was quite impressed. Excellent distance and good feel off all clubs (wedges and putter included).

Have played the Strata Pro and ML Balata for some time, but am getting sick of nailing one and not getting the distance I think I should get! Have also played the PRO V1, but price is ridiculous. To me, the NXT Tour is just about as good as the PRO V1.

Think I will definitely buy some more.

3 Wood golfdoc is on a distinguished road

Good deal...

Although they are hard to find, the Wilson Smartcore in the royal blue box is very good.

The new Maxfli Noodle is a great ball. I am a 4 handicap and preferred the Noodle over the NXT.

Be careful of the TopPoint golf balls. The covers are not well made. I had 2 sleeves and the covers were uneven and you could easily see and feel imperfections.

Another great ball is the Strata Tour Balata, on sale for 29.99 at a local store...

Hybrid Chris is on a distinguished road Chris's Avatar

Wilson

Shot my best round with the Smart Core. Another "inexpensive" ball that I liked was the Top Flite XL3000 Super Feel (gold box). Still managed 300 yrd drives and responded well around the green.

Pitching Wedge bryanf is on a distinguished road bryanf's Avatar

Lightbulb Have you tried the Intech Titanium?

I found one and tried it last week and it was quite good for distance and feel. I checked it out on the web and found that you can get them for about C$20 on ebay. I would like to know if anone knows where they can be bought at a regular store as well as comments if you have used them.

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar

Intech Golf Balls

I haven't tried them, but I saw them at the Canadian Tire on Heron Road and was wondering what they were like.

Caddy larry is on a distinguished road larry's Avatar
    Someone gave me a couple last year. I found they had good distance but were very hard.

Pitching Wedge bryanf is on a distinguished road bryanf's Avatar

Wink

I found the Intech at Canadian Tire for $11.99 plus tax. Hope they work as well as the one that I found on the golf course.

Putter cubanjefe is on a distinguished road

Confused about HVC's

Hey guys. I'm a decent player (an 11 handicap) and I love Pro V1x. However, they are really pricey. I've been looking for a cheaper alternative. I was at Costco the other day and I picked up some Titleist HVC Tour SF. I haven't played with them yet but I have putted and chipped. They feel great. What's the distance like? Do you know anywhere, website, that I can get ratings on golf balls? I've tried quite a few. I like a ball with soft feel, but I also want one with good distance...any suggestions?

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I think the site name is www.golfballtest.com Check it out.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Thread Information