+ Reply to Thread
    blur13

Ping Lie Angle Fitting Question

I recently got a nice set of Ping Zing 2's from my Uncle. He moved on to the I3's and said I could have these for the small price of $300. They have the WRX finish on them, and True Temper Sensicore shafts in regular flex. They look like they have been used maybe 10 rounds. Excellent shape. What I was wondering was where I would go to test the lie angle, and find out if it should be bent etc? They are currently 1 degrees flat (red dot). Does anyone know a reputable place where I could test my swing, and find a good lie angle. Price is not of concern, just quality service.

Thanks in advance for any help.

cheers

Sand Wedge michaeld is on a distinguished road
    I would go to a pro or fitter at a range, so that you can hit balls while testing the lie. Kevin Haime's in Kanata, 19th tee, or check your local range pro.

blur13
    Thanks for the reply. I was just checking out Kevin's website. A club fitting session is $100.

thanks

Lester
    You don't need a full clubfitting , you would require a lie testing session only.

blur13
    I just got off the phone with Kevin Haime's They want $60 for the session (lie test only), and then $5 to bend (per club)

Does anyone know of anywhere else?

Thanks

Shotmaker spidey is on a distinguished road spidey's Avatar

Question

Hmmm...

I would have thought that Ping would be able to do this. They would probably even change the colour markings on the clubs for you too. I have no idea what the cost would be, but I'd trust Ping to do it before I'd trust a local shop. Ping would probably even recondition the heads for you at the same time, possibly even included in the price. Of course, we'd be talking about shipping them out to Arizona, I'm sure.

Just my 2¢
    [color=blue]s[/color][color=red]p[/color][color=blue]i[/color][color=red]d[/color][color=blue]e[/color][color=red]y[/color]

[color=seagreen]"Got more dirt than ball. Here we go again."
    Alan Shepard, Apollo 14 Commander, Amateur-Golfer, preparing to take another swing during his famous moon walk in 1971.
    [/color]

Par CBrown is on a distinguished road
    There's a class A certified clubmaker in Stittsville that you could try. I believe his name is Les McBride and his company is called ClubsRUs ... he's very opinionated but he knows his stuff ... you might want to look him up and give him a call ... he'd probably prefer to fit you with something from the ground up but you'll never know unless you try ...

blur13
    Thanks CBrown. I work in Stittsville. I'll look him up.

wahz
    If you take it to a golf store, say a place like Chuck Brown's, ask them to do a lie angle test. They will do it for free. THe only thing is that changing lie angle is $5 per club at your own risk.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Here is the link to Les McBride's Clubs R Us

Thread Information