CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Wedge Rcush88899 is on a distinguished road

P3 pro swing vs optishot dancin dogg, also best mat for either

Been looking at all the mixed reviews on both and trying to decide what would best suite my needs.
    I want something that I can Fit clubs off And also something that won't break and isn't junk. Which mat is sturdy and tough enough
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you
    Robert

1 Iron Jsgregg is on a distinguished road
    I don't think either is suitable for club fitting. Both are designed more for entertainment than game improvement. Lots of threads in here about both. I have the Optishot...lots of fun.

Gap Wedge m3w is on a distinguished road
    I agree... Optishot is great fun, and helps keep your swing in groove through the winter. But you definitely can't use it for club fitting. Wait and see what Sport-Trak is releasing this summer.

3 Wood Stonebattle is on a distinguished road
    The P3proswing would be the better choice, but I would have to agree with Jsgregg, neither would be optimal for club fitting.

I have friends with Optishots. They like them, I do as well, and use the Optishots mostly for entertainment, although they do use them for some game improvement. They tape their clubs to get more accurate and consistent results. They are not bad golfers and have handicaps area of 10 to 15.

I also have a friend with a P3proswing and we both use them for entertainment and game improvement. We both are low single digit handicap players. To get accurate results one has to accurately tape ones clubs. A pain, but not impractical for club fitting.

We all agree the P3proswing is more accurate and more consistent, although not by a lot. One gets more information from the P3proswing. An example is angle of attack, which is very useful. One also gets lie angle, but I would not pay to much attention to it. All of our swing speeds on are a bit low on the P3proswing when compared to sensors such as trackman, but only by about 3% to 5%. One has to pay close attention to the ball strike information, that is swing path, face angle, angle of attack and sweet spot impact, and not the simulated ball flight.

The videos one can obtain from the P3proswing software are very useful. Still, the frame rate is limited to 30 FPS, so one misses a lot.

We all thought at one time the Optishot was the better value, now we all think the P3proswing is the better value because of the addition of on line play.

I hope this helps

Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road
    The P3proswing because it also has Launch Angle with the use of a web camera for free.
    If you tape your clubs you will get really accurate results including Angle of Attack and Lie.
    It's make out of steel and in America, it's really solid.

But that is just for that price point. If your willing to drop over $5000 you can get a lot more readings.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    From my experience I would say its dealers choice between the Optishot and P3pro. Neither are great for club fitting. P3pro is probably the better of the 2.

Thank you guys!
    What is sport-trak?

Quote Originally Posted by m3w View Post
    I agree... Optishot is great fun, and helps keep your swing in groove through the winter. But you definitely can't use it for club fitting. Wait and see what Sport-Trak is releasing this summer.
    What is sport-track?

Gap Wedge m3w is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcush88899 View Post
    What is sport-track?
    http://www.sport-trak.com/home.html

It's a new company formed by Accusport (who is now closed-for-business).

Pitching Wedge Unkynd is on a distinguished road
    I own an OptiShot.. it's been packed in a box for the last 6-8 months and I haven't missed it one bit. The thing is horribly inaccurate. I'm hoping to get a real simulator in the next 3-4 months.

Is Sport-Trak the mystery sim that bubba has mentioned a few times?

Par Dax is on a distinguished road
    Unkind, my guess is yes but given his NDA, I suspect he cannot comment.

3 Wood Golfmaxxx is on a distinguished road Golfmaxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unkynd View Post
    I own an OptiShot.. it's been packed in a box for the last 6-8 months and I haven't missed it one bit. The thing is horribly inaccurate. I'm hoping to get a real simulator in the next 3-4 months.

I would love something more accurate and affordable (under 1500). Waiting.......

7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road
    I would agree. I got a deal on both the optishot and the p3proswing. For me the optishot was also horribly inaccurate and has also now been packed away. The P3pro appears to provide much more consistant and more accurate results. Once i get my setup finished i will be using a friends gc2 to try to get it as accurate as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unkynd View Post

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by wbond View Post
    I would agree. I got a deal on both the optishot and the p3proswing. For me the optishot was also horribly inaccurate and has also now been packed away. The P3pro appears to provide much more consistant and more accurate results. Once i get my setup finished i will be using a friends gc2 to try to get it as accurate as possible.
    I have done that with the p3pro as I have a GC2 now as well. One thing you will need to do for the two to work together is make sure your p3pro pad sensors don't catch the flash from the GC2. The flash will cause the p3pro sensors not to read that swing. I have a home made pad top made from a fiberbuilt turf square section of 12" x 12". I trimmed the turf around the cutouts to work with the rubber top pad. By using this method it has the rubber top p3pro pad sitting lower in my platform and thus the flash from the GC2 did not catch the sensors directly. Not sure if the grass top pads would have a high enough fiber to do the same. Keep this in mind.

What I found in the testing is that the general ball flight of the P3pro was not bad compared to the GC2 unless the shot was not hit clean, then the p3pro would show too long of a carry as it uses club data only. The other flight issue was that the p3pro will not show a pull-fade flight like it should. Their flight had the ball start straight and fade right where the GC2 would show the ball start left and fade back to center. Also the more the slice or hook it seemed the less accurate the p3pro was and in order to make those shots look right, then the adjustment you made will make the small fade and draws go too much.

Give some feedback once you get your testing done. The p3pro is quite a lot better now with the last update and a lot of the things I was always wondering why they quit working in the software, are now working again. Just that start of path ball flight they need to work on.

7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the tip on comparing it to the gc2.

6 Iron psyflyjohn is on a distinguished road
    I've had Optigolf in a rather nice garage environment with projector and screen. I've looked at both, and, for the money, Optigolf still wins by a hair. Some considerations: Optigolf constantly promises online play, which would put it ahead of p3pro overall. P3pro costs twice as much, and has more courses, though they vary in graphic quality. Of course, online play is in operation.

One thing most people don't consider until too late: Optigolf can play on a low-end computer fairly quickly with good graphic quality. P3pro seems to require a higher end computer, and spends a second or two processing the shot before displaying the ball on the screen. Sort of disconcerting. So, before making a decision, look closely at your computer set-up. Having to buy a new computer can set you back another $800 or so unexpectedly.

With Optishot, I got into it slowly, testing it with my computer extensively before making a final decision to keep it. This may be a good thing to do with either system.

Thread Information