CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Yes the courses have had a rough winter ---but how come some of the courses are in great shape-- all things considered------and they are not the pricy ones ????? Played the Prior again today---really green and lush--great conditions considering there is only about one foot of topsoil over the rock Another 4 hr round.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Canadian is almost at mid-season form. Except for a few brown spots on 13th, 14th, it is lush and no wet spots on fairways. Greens are in excellent shape.

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    Mountain Creek astonished me - I started wearing new shoes late in the season last year and so they're still almost pristine white, even after this "early spring" round, even if it's technically late spring now. No standing water on the course, none seeping through whilst walking either. Early in the season #2 fairway and most of #7 are often soggy or under water... not this year.

There are some winter kill spots in fairways and greens but nothing that massively affects play... a bit of heat and rain should fix those spots up in no time.

Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    Manderley - May 12th. Very pleasantly surprized with the great conditions on both fairways and greens. Looks like the owners have some spare cash and are using it on course maintenance, nice to see. 4 hour round with no pressure at all. We'll be back.

Quote Originally Posted by SeawayGolf View Post
    You know you have to wonder sometimes. Just reading through these posts and I can't believe some of the things that are written. Golf course owners have endured one of the harshest winters and wettest springs in decades and you people are complaining about "wet spots" and "brown patches". Are you kidding me?? One guy complaining about have to pay $9 with a cart for Kingsway as the conditions aren't great! So I ask you, how is a golf course owners supposed to get his/her course in great shape when golfers want to pay GolfNow (owned by NBC - US based - not one cent going to the local owner BTW) a mere $9.00.

So not only is Mother Nature spitting in their faces, now you local golfers are doing the same wanting everything for nothing! One guy comments that $20 at Cedar Glen - played in 2 hours and nobody on the course "have to love it". Well I ask you again, how long do you think the course can operate with nobody playing and only getting a fraction per player for what it costs to run a decent operation?

Can't wait for the weather to turn so you can all complain it's too darn hot! Wow
    I work hard for my money and I'll look for the best deal for that hard-earned cash. My posts are my impressions of my experiences. I personally check out other comments before I lay down my $$$s. If I were managing a course I would be paying a lot of attention to these comments and actually replying to them. You'd be surprized at how few courses take the time and effort to look at what the public is saying. The courses are not looking at feedback as a tool in improving the experience as the only really client- course interaction is during the green fee transaction. No follow-up on the experince. It is a business and the market will determine who survives and who doesn't. The course owners also have a responsibility to tell the customers about green closures, aeration, relocated tee boxes, poor garbage collection, tight tee-off times, sloppy checking-in processes with dial-up internet connections, etc.. the survivors will flourish with honest respectful customer relations. The Meadows has a handle on "customer relationships" and offers a value for money experience - a good model for other courses to follow.

2 Iron Guzman is on a distinguished road Guzman's Avatar
    I agree, Mountain Creek the fairways are lush and the price is sensible, I think most golf course owners could learn from the management in Mountain Creek, they work hard at giving value.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Anderson Links: Played Apr 27 and was pleasantly surprised. Little to no Winter kill on greens and running very smooth. Would say mid-season speed, only found one punched. Fairways virtually all dry, with a few damp spots. Played again May 12, and it has dried out very well, lots of bounce and roll. Some spots even a little bare and brown. A bit more Winter kill on a few (2-3) greens but only a visual issue. Drainage does NOT appear to be an issue there. Just my thoughts but given the time of year, thought that some of the pins were in wicked spots, but then again maybe from a greens-keepers perspective they are trying to avoid wearing out the best part of the greens early. Still fun!
    "All I need to know about life, I learned from my dog".

2 Iron Guzman is on a distinguished road Guzman's Avatar
    I always check this thread and I will post here, simply is a matter of opinion, your perception of the conditions of a golf course are different than mine, dollar per dollar is hard to compare, since most business price themselves according with what the market will bear, making it unfair to places that are giving more in terms of maintenance and services, (decent ball washers, club washing, shoe brushes, ball washers towels) there is a lot of courses around here that provide the bear minimum, with my money I like to support the courses that are trying harder.

I think this thread is a great tool for getting best bang for your buck. After you have been here for awhile you get to know who is posting legitimate comments on condition and service. There are a few fellas that you can really trust.........they do not expect more than what is provided. For instance-----I love to place Bearbrook---I know the conditions etc---but where else can you play for 15.00 to 17.00 bucks and get a 4 hr practice session--it has rough--water--fairways etc---what more do you need. If you want upscale in my price range go to Equinelle or Stonebridge and pay the 55.00---------perfect examples of "you get what you pay for"

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pine View View Post
    We have aerated and fertilized the greens. They will bounce back quick.

You may see a bulldozer on the course this year. We have some plans to change a few holes and build new greens.
    Now THIS (proactive use of digital media) is what I would expect from ALL golf courses/managers. To followup on what SeawayGolf wrote earlier also, whether it is subtle or obvious, customer service will impact on a players decision to go / go back to any course. I would tend to give a break to a course that is up front with conditions and plans over a course that may be ready a few weeks earlier but is only interested in taking your cash. Cannot understand with the near universal use of internet/facebook/twitter/texting why every course is not on their computer/phone daily, if not hourly, updating and informing. The cost is only a few minutes a day and would go a long way in building a loyal clientele... IMHO
    "All I need to know about life, I learned from my dog".

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Now THIS (proactive use of digital media) is what I would expect from ALL golf courses/managers. To followup on what SeawayGolf wrote earlier also, whether it is subtle or obvious, customer service will impact on a players decision to go / go back to any course. I would tend to give a break to a course that is up front with conditions and plans over a course that may be ready a few weeks earlier but is only interested in taking your cash. Cannot understand with the near universal use of internet/facebook/twitter/texting why every course is not on their computer/phone daily, if not hourly, updating and informing. The cost is only a few minutes a day and would go a long way in building a loyal clientele... IMHO
    Absolutely. Well expressed! Wish I had said it so well. Look at the real estate business, all the agents are on social media updating, responding, interacting constantly. Both public and private courses owners have to concentrate on the customers' experiences.

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    I have never understood why courses in the Ottawa area don't use social media everyday to update the customer.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Im a fixture here Leftymoose is on a distinguished road Leftymoose's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Break68 View Post
    I have never understood why courses in the Ottawa area don't use social media everyday to update the customer.
    You would think this would be common sense and an easy business tactic but this is never the case. The courses who care about their customers are the ones who will get the business, not the ones trying to hide the fact that they have aerated/temporary greens, winterkill and still charge full price. Golfers don't forget!
    I like to call it a power fade

Putter SeawayGolf is on a distinguished road
    I'm not disagreeing with anything you say and, like you, believe that any business owner - be it golf course or otherwise - should put customers first and deal honestly and with integrity. After all, if you don't take care of your customer someone else will. And for the most part I would also say this is a great forum - I just feel for a few of the courses that seemed to be getting a bit of a bad wrap when it's so early. Then add on top of that the price paid at one of them was $9 with a cart.

As for getting the best deal, again I don't disagree but there's a difference between a "deal" and a "steal". All I'm saying is that we can't expect our area courses to be able to survive for any length of time and be able to provide all those great customer service items you mentioned on $9 a round with a cart.

Need a Caddy solstrum is on a distinguished road
    They use Twitter and Facebook a lot at Arnprior. Here is the twitter account.. https://twitter.com/PlaytheAGC
    Big Mac, I agree. The course is mint. Steve Williams is now cutting the greens at summer height and they are rolling great. The crew sprayed the entire course last year and snow mold damage is next to non existent. The 3rd green has been rebuilt and is about to open within the next week or two.

Steve and the crew have removed nearly 2000 trees from the bush and laid in the bush as wood chips. They have been dedicated to improving "Playability". Since last spring, 8 tees have been added or redefined/rejuvenated with "Playability" in mind (many of the new tees are for the White tee decks, Ladies and Juniors). Play it forward, Playability and Pace of Play are the focus of the course.

If you haven't been up to play Arnprior in a few years, I would suggest sometime this season you try it!
    Last edited by solstrum; 05-13-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    Clublink courses are starting to use Twitter as a way to communicate with Members, etc. Not sure what is taking other area courses so long. Especially if they are trying to reach the younger crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by quinner View Post
    Clublink courses are starting to use Twitter as a way to communicate with Members, etc. Not sure what is taking other area courses so long. Especially if they are trying to reach the younger crowd.
    Arnprior actually created a list of the local courses and you can choose to follow the list and instantly receive updates from 40+ local courses!
    https://twitter.com/PlaytheAGC/lists/golf-courses-local

Gap Wedge Stonebridge is on a distinguished road Stonebridge's Avatar
    All our social media links can be found in our signature below or on our website www.stonebridgegc.com

Our redesigned website also features a new "Specials" page which will feature special promotions and discounted tee-times.
    Discounted tee-times may even be added as late as 1 hour prior to the specific time, but once those sale times are booked, they disappear from the Specials window, so you may need to be quick!

We wish everyone a great golf season and look forward to seeing you out soon!
    Web: www.stonebridgegc.com Twitter: @StonebridgeClub Facebook: www.facebook.com/StonebridgeClub

It's one thing to have a twitter account, it's another to use it. Sorry for the thread jack.

Quote Originally Posted by quinner View Post
    It's one thing to have a twitter account, it's another to use it. Sorry for the thread jack.
    looking at the list.. many are using it! Arnprior, Mad, Mts Creek, Dragon Fly, Deep River, Stone Bridge, Camelot, Royal Ottawa, Canadian, Carleton, Loch March, Manderley, Marshes are all relatively active! Perhaps, Quinner, you're the one not using twitter (teasing!)

I hear Deep River is in Great Shape! The new super has been tremendous up there!
    Last edited by solstrum; 05-13-2014 at 04:07 PM.

Shagging Balls Wayne is on a distinguished road
    Anyone played Heritage golf club in north of Montebello?
    Birdie put

3 Wood Sab is on a distinguished road Sab's Avatar
    Any idea when White Sands is opening? I see they have the tarps off.

Played Metcalfe this morning---busy-- busy--4 1/2 hour round---superb condition. 18 a little damp along the left side. Greens were fantastic. All everyone needs now is some sun and warmth

Gap Wedge Hiro is on a distinguished road Hiro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sab View Post
    Any idea when White Sands is opening? I see they have the tarps off.
    From their twitter 7h ago:

Our Golf Course is OPEN tomorrow! Kickin' it off with a great Spring Special for all of you golfers. 15$+HST Green Fees!!!

As well 16.50$+HST gets you a small basket and your Green Fee! Call 613-837-4653 or go on our website to book your Tee Times NOW!

3 Wood Sab is on a distinguished road Sab's Avatar
    Thanks Hiro.

Hybrid jimmyc is on a distinguished road
    Loch March May 13th: Well pretty simple. Course is as it is. Fantastic conditions. Greens are slower than normal but roll true just in pre season mode. I didn't see a single mosquito....yet.

Gap Wedge Kosmo is on a distinguished road Kosmo's Avatar
    Equinelle: Pristine Shape!! Fairways, Greens, Staff absolutely amazing. Greens are in perfect shape. running fairly quick and true. Holes 10 and 11, a little damp in the areas off the front of the tee boxes. Hole #5, tee boxes are still to be re-sodded due to re-construction last fall, temporary tee's for all teeing areas beyond the pond. A lot of trees have been removed around some greens, #5 and #17 come to mind. Fair bit of home construction going on, between 5 and 6 fairways and as of today around the relocated clubhouse, a little distracting with #1 tee box being pretty close.

Lob Wedge catsbut is on a distinguished road

glen Lawrence

i was what glen lawrence is like

Quote Originally Posted by solstrum View Post
    looking at the list.. many are using it! Arnprior, Mad, Mts Creek, Dragon Fly, Deep River, Stone Bridge, Camelot, Royal Ottawa, Canadian, Carleton, Loch March, Manderley, Marshes are all relatively active! Perhaps, Quinner, you're the one not using twitter (teasing!)

I hear Deep River is in Great Shape! The new super has been tremendous up there!

LOL...I use Twitter all the time. In fact I got a free Cesar from EC the other day for tweeting some stuff from the course.

I will check out that list.

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    I take this back....Solstrum and Stonebridge...FTW!!!
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Thread Information