100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Doesn't the first word give it away...lol but I didn't mean the 9-hole executive one.

Shagging Balls dmartin is on a distinguished road
    Yesterday... Pineview regular course should be bulldozed... greens disgusting !!!

Will try again in the fall !! 2/1 and still furious.

7 Wood Hjiang is on a distinguished road
    Anybody played Manderley yet?
    Last edited by Hjiang; 05-07-2014 at 07:55 PM.

3 Iron Gray1512 is on a distinguished road
    Played SB today. Beautiful day and the course was in pretty good form. $45 before 12. Not too shabby.

7 Wood golfguy is on a distinguished road golfguy's Avatar
    Played the East course at Emerald Links tonight after work, was the first to play it this year as its not officially opened yet and conditions were fantastic. First hole is under construction (Fairway) and the green needs some growth but otherwise fantastic!

Shagging Balls Wayne is on a distinguished road
    Anybody played Chateau Cartier yesterday?
    Birdie put

Lob Wedge Billythe3rd is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjiang View Post
    Anybody played Manderley yet?
    Played Central - North on Saturday. It was in pretty solid shape considering how early it is. Greens were not airated and were quick downhill and slow uphill. Not a lot of standing water and the fairways were soft but very nice for May.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Played Lombard yesterday---back nine still has quite a bit of standing water---2 greens that should be protected--cart path only.

Played Arnprior today--what a treat---very dry--greens rolling great--very little winter kill and lots of work being done---full house and a 4 hour round---hats off to the maintenance crew.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

8 Iron zee51 is on a distinguished road
    Played Hammond today. Best spring conditions that I have seen. About 4 greens that need some work and the rest are excellent.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Edelweisss conditions are as expected at this time of year. Greens are a bit rough, fairways are o.k overall needs a bit more sunshine.

SMITHS FALLS yesterday was easily the best we've seen this year. Super greens, bunkers all groomed, fairways being mowed, beverage cart on the course, minimum of soggy spots & lots of smiling faces

Perfect Day all around with no bugs, no humidity, no kids

Bogie Kak is on a distinguished road
    Played Mont Cascades yesterday, all the greens are surprisingly very nice, they're a tiny bit slow, fairways are fine to.

3 Iron scottishgolf is on a distinguished road
    Called bearbrook today to check on how things were going , they are only opening 9 holes at the moment due to problems with some bridges on the coarse

Sand Wedge bogeygolfer is on a distinguished road bogeygolfer's Avatar
    Has anyone played Kingsway before? I hadnt heard of it until today, looks pretty decent from the website
    "Stop deforestation!" - JB

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Played Meadows a couple of times now , and the course is in Fine condition.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

8 Iron zee51 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bogeygolfer View Post
    Has anyone played Kingsway before? I hadnt heard of it until today, looks pretty decent from the website
    Haven't played there in years so things may have changed. Was an OK track but nothing special.

Eagle mizzyboy is on a distinguished road
    Played Kingsway at 2:48 today. The front 9 is in pretty bad shape (wet spots, brown spots) but the greens are dry, the back 9 was better meaning greener but still some wet spots. The wind was really a bother though. But at $9 with cart from g o l f n o w deal, i might be complaining too much. But its my 2 cents lol and still can't justify paying full price if courses aren't in decent shape yet.
    Go Sens Go or No Sens No? The struggle of a Sens fan.

Putter SeawayGolf is on a distinguished road
    You know you have to wonder sometimes. Just reading through these posts and I can't believe some of the things that are written. Golf course owners have endured one of the harshest winters and wettest springs in decades and you people are complaining about "wet spots" and "brown patches". Are you kidding me?? One guy complaining about have to pay $9 with a cart for Kingsway as the conditions aren't great! So I ask you, how is a golf course owners supposed to get his/her course in great shape when golfers want to pay GolfNow (owned by NBC - US based - not one cent going to the local owner BTW) a mere $9.00.

So not only is Mother Nature spitting in their faces, now you local golfers are doing the same wanting everything for nothing! One guy comments that $20 at Cedar Glen - played in 2 hours and nobody on the course "have to love it". Well I ask you again, how long do you think the course can operate with nobody playing and only getting a fraction per player for what it costs to run a decent operation?

Can't wait for the weather to turn so you can all complain it's too darn hot! Wow

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeawayGolf View Post
    You know you have to wonder sometimes. Just reading through these posts and I can't believe some of the things that are written. Golf course owners have endured one of the harshest winters and wettest springs in decades and you people are complaining about "wet spots" and "brown patches". Are you kidding me?? One guy complaining about have to pay $9 with a cart for Kingsway as the conditions aren't great! So I ask you, how is a golf course owners supposed to get his/her course in great shape when golfers want to pay GolfNow (owned by NBC - US based - not one cent going to the local owner BTW) a mere $9.00.

So not only is Mother Nature spitting in their faces, now you local golfers are doing the same wanting everything for nothing! One guy comments that $20 at Cedar Glen - played in 2 hours and nobody on the course "have to love it". Well I ask you again, how long do you think the course can operate with nobody playing and only getting a fraction per player for what it costs to run a decent operation?

Can't wait for the weather to turn so you can all complain it's too darn hot! Wow
    I disagree. this thread is about knowing what courses are in what shape so people can spend their money wisely. Given the choice between 2 courses, one in great shape, one in not so great, I'll spend my $ where i get the best value. Apologies to those courses who had a rough winter but that's the way it goes unfortunately.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    I disagree. this thread is about knowing what courses are in what shape so people can spend their money wisely. Given the choice between 2 courses, one in great shape, one in not so great, I'll spend my $ where i get the best value. Apologies to those courses who had a rough winter but that's the way it goes unfortunately.

I would take his reply with a grain of salt. First post is a bit of a rant/lash out, has a username SeawayGolf, lots of "inside" info on course operations....me thinks maybe someone in the business?

Thought I would post that as I have absolutely nothing to post in regards to any course conditions. I have only played 18 holes at Prescott and it was on opening day so mid-season conditions were not an expectation.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Im a fixture here Leftymoose is on a distinguished road Leftymoose's Avatar
    Played Cedarhill on the weekend and was pleasantly surprised with the greens. We played the day after the rain storm so the course was very wet and that was expected but the greens rolled very smooth.
    I like to call it a power fade

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeawayGolf View Post

Well said, I'm not attacking the guy who complained about the $9 rate, but I'm agreeing with you. I've said this before: it has never been more expensive to run a golf course, yet it seems it has never been cheaper (I've been playing for 20 years around here) to golf. Something has to give.
    Andrew

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I think it necessary to inform people of the conditions whether good or bad. Everyone knows what to expect at this time of year.
    Most people will skip a course with bad greens and play the ones who have better conditions, thats it ,nothing personal,just passing along info.

I think it necessary to inform people of the conditions whether good or bad. Everyone knows what to expect at this time of year.
    Most people will skip a course with bad greens and play the ones who have better conditions, thats it ,nothing personal,just passing along info.

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    Le Sorcier was in great shape on Saturday.
    The whole course is in amazing shape. The course is in better shape than it was all of last season.
    Greens are perfect. Fairways in perfect shape.
    They are planting new plants and flower beds all over the course, they are doing lots of tree and brush cleanup and landscaping, the place looks amazing with the cleanup and landscaping.
    A pair of huge white swans are living on or near the pond on the back nine.
    The owners look to be spending a ton of money on this course and it looks great.
    Last edited by Break68; 05-15-2014 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Break68 can't type!
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Break68 View Post
    Le Sorcier was in great shape on Saturday.
    The whole course is in amazing shape. The course is in better shape than it was all of last season.
    Greens are perfect. Fairways in perfect shape.
    They are planting new plants and flower beds all over the course, they are doing lots of tree and brush cleanup and landscaping, the place looks amazing with the cleanup and landscaping.
    A pair of hugs white swans are living on or near the pond on the back nine.
    The owners look to be spending a ton of money on this course and it looks great.
    Is that a review of Augusta National?
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    Nope, just giving kudos where they are due.
    Just trying to bring some positivity into this thread.
    You are a funny guy Pablo.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

3 Wood Shortswing is on a distinguished road
    +1 Break68

Le Sorcier is in really good shape right now! The flowers beds will had a little something to the course

5 Wood Pine View is on a distinguished road Pine View's Avatar
    We have aerated and fertilized the greens. They will bounce back quick.

You may see a bulldozer on the course this year. We have some plans to change a few holes and build new greens.

Quote Originally Posted by dmartin View Post
    Yesterday... Pineview regular course should be bulldozed... greens disgusting !!!

Will try again in the fall !! 2/1 and still furious.

CLOVERDALE today was just what we expected. They had a mild winter, so the greens are very nice. Only a couple of soft spots in the fairways although the ponds were quite high. The usual 2/1 Monday crowd but we got around in exactly 4 hours, 10.00-2.00.

I only post reports with comments either + or -. BUT not any mean criticizing. Wish everyone would comment on the places they've played this spring.

Thread Information