100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Lyle what kind of shape do you think premiere will be in this week?
    The back nine should be dry with maybe a few moist holes on the front after yesterday's rain. With the greens cut, you will make some putts as they were not aerated last fall. But frankly, I have only seen a few holes on Premiere during my walks out there as I spent most of my time walking Legacy straightening up the hazard stakes, so an overall assessment is just a guess. Traditionally, we have little or no ice or fungus damage. Like every other course, we need some 20*C plus days to get some growth started.

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    I can confirm for Vieux moulins. It was so bad I couldn't get the ball to the hole no matter what. You had to ram it from 5 feet and get a proper bounce.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Hi guys---any word on Casselview ?
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Gap Wedge Dixie is on a distinguished road Dixie's Avatar
    Stonebridge Twitter "Opening day has been pushed back to Tuesday April 29th. Tee times starting at 7:30."

I was thinking about checking out Chateau Cartier since Stonebridge is a no go. They have a special on: Before may 31 (2 for the price of 1 green-fee)

Never played so if there are any reviews it would be appreciated.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    equinelle pushed back to May 1st....it looks pretty green though.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Sand Wedge bogeygolfer is on a distinguished road bogeygolfer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    Stonebridge Twitter "Opening day has been pushed back to Tuesday April 29th. Tee times starting at 7:30."

I was thinking about checking out Chateau Cartier since Stonebridge is a no go. They have a special on: Before may 31 (2 for the price of 1 green-fee)

Never played so if there are any reviews it would be appreciated.
    Its a pretty decent course, I would recommened it for 1/2 price. Not sure how the conditions would be this early. I dont think I played there last year though, but have good memories of it. There is one hole on the back 9 that is a pretty tricky par 3, green is at about 50 yds above tee off.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    equinelle pushed back to May 1st....it looks pretty green though.
    That's just fine with me---at least we know they are doing what should be done.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Chateau Cartier fairways where very wet today. No fun hitting irons but the greens where exceptional for this time of year. Hope it dries up soon.

Ace DecoyOctopus is on a distinguished road
    Anyone been to Cedarhill yet?

7 Wood golfguy is on a distinguished road golfguy's Avatar
    Has anyone played Emerald Links yet? Conditions?

Sand Wedge moonturko is on a distinguished road
    How was Smugglers?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickyg View Post
    Playing smugglers glen tomorow with cart $59
    Hope it's dry also playing Prescott on Saturday
    Let you know how the course conditions are

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Played the front 9 at Renfrew last evening. The course is very dry, the greens are very green and smooth. I wore new spikeless shoes and they were dry and like new afterwards.
    Andrew

9 Iron Sparks is on a distinguished road Sparks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bogeygolfer View Post
    Its a pretty decent course, I would recommened it for 1/2 price. Not sure how the conditions would be this early. I dont think I played there last year though, but have good memories of it. There is one hole on the back 9 that is a pretty tricky par 3, green is at about 50 yds above tee off.
    @Bogey, not sure if you've played it in the last 2 years or so, but they have completely torn the place apart. That 17th hole you speak of it gone (not too upset about that), but there are a couple of par 3s under 100 yards, a couple of par 5s under 450 yards, some weirdly long walks between greens and tees. It's a perfect example of how real estate has impacted course layout. They literally tore some holes apart in order to fit the golf course around their ever-expanding resort. Very disappointing in my opinion.
    "I used to relax on the weekends... then I started playing golf."

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    @Bogey, not sure if you've played it in the last 2 years or so, but they have completely torn the place apart. That 17th hole you speak of it gone (not too upset about that), but there are a couple of par 3s under 100 yards, a couple of par 5s under 450 yards, some weirdly long walks between greens and tees. It's a perfect example of how real estate has impacted course layout. They literally tore some holes apart in order to fit the golf course around their ever-expanding resort. Very disappointing in my opinion.
    I agree with this assessment completely, I won't play there anymore. It is actually dangerous the way the fairways are set so close together.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Metcalfe greens are excellent. Fairways on front nine a bit damp at spots, back nine much better.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Marcos you ol dog, how many games do you have in already!!!

Sand Wedge bogeygolfer is on a distinguished road bogeygolfer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    wow I dont think I recall these changes so maybe its longer than I thought since I played there....it used to be a great course, I will think about other options now. thanks guys...for $25 I would be okay for early season golf, but still dissapointing for the prices they charge mid season especially!
    "Stop deforestation!" - JB

Putter kyle Mclean is on a distinguished road
    Played Cedarhill today. Fairways were a little soft but the greens were in awesome shape. Good times had by all.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Marcos you ol dog, how many games do you have in already!!!
    Going out this morning and 7th game !!! Have you had a chance to get out yet?

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Weather

I was taking a look at the long term forecast and we are in for a cool spring, it does not look like we will get over 20° until the long weekend in May, WTF????
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Chateau Cartier fairways where very wet today. No fun hitting irons but the greens where exceptional for this time of year. Hope it dries up soon.
    Never, never play CC within 3 days of any rainfall, it does not drain at all, I played there on a holiday Monday after it rained on the Saturday, it was still soaked after 2 beautiful sunny days
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Never, never play CC within 3 days of any rainfall, it does not drain at all, I played there on a holiday Monday after it rained on the Saturday, it was still soaked after 2 beautiful sunny days
    I had never seen it this wet Luc, i had not realized it did not drain well. Thanks for the info.

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    Given that half of CC is either at or almost below the level of the river (especially this time of year), of course it's going to be wet. Given the current water levels in the river, I'm surprised the holes the river side of Lucerne are even open....

The other factor is the depth of the frozen ground this year, not helping. I guess the decision to open is always tricky balancing getting revenue vs providing a decent golf experience.
    Lefty Lucas

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    Played Greensmere today. Only Premiere open right now and it was surprising how dry it was. Sure there are some wet areas on the front 9 but the back is bone dry. Carts were out but not to go on the fairways as there are a few on the front that carts would leave some tracks. Greens overall rolled good and there are a few with some winter damage but should recover and green up if we ever get some warm weather. The fairways have really greened up in the last few days and were in great shape. I think I only moved the ball a few time during the whole round and mostly because of some casual water. Great to be back out there playing.

Played Chateau Cartier again and what a difference from Wednesday. Dried up nicely, a few damp spots but hey, greens are still very nice, not fast though.

Quote Originally Posted by gbower View Post
    Played Greensmere today. Only Premiere open right now and it was surprising how dry it was. Sure there are some wet areas on the front 9 but the back is bone dry. Carts were out but not to go on the fairways as there are a few on the front that carts would leave some tracks. Greens overall rolled good and there are a few with some winter damage but should recover and green up if we ever get some warm weather. The fairways have really greened up in the last few days and were in great shape. I think I only moved the ball a few time during the whole round and mostly because of some casual water. Great to be back out there playing.
    Gonna have to get out later with the wife for our annual game with you and Lyle.

Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle Mclean View Post
    Played Cedarhill today. Fairways were a little soft but the greens were in awesome shape. Good times had by all.
    Played Cedarhill on Friday, April 25th. The fairways were okay, the traps muddy, and the greens were green and fairly quick. All in all a good day to be out

Ace DecoyOctopus is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Played Chateau Cartier again and what a difference from Wednesday. Dried up nicely, a few damp spots but hey, greens are still very nice, not fast though.
    I hope so, playing there tomorrow. 2 for 1 until May 31st...can't beat that.

It would be nice if you all could post rates your paid. Some of the courses don't advertise spring rates so it would save calling

Quote Originally Posted by DecoyOctopus View Post
    I hope so, playing there tomorrow. 2 for 1 until May 31st...can't beat that.

It would be nice if you all could post rates your paid. Some of the courses don't advertise spring rates so it would save calling
    Im with ** so dont know what the price is. Its raining today so it will be more wet for your Sunday round. Enjoy.

Thread Information