CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    andrew_s_elliot

Emerald Links Playing Conditions

Played Emerald Links yesterday; East nine isn't open yet due to wet conditions, so we played West and South.

East nine greens are in terrible shape. They've recently scored the greens and they're unplayable right now.

However, the South nine was in IMMACULATE shape. No water or drainage problems to speak of, and the GREENS WERE FANTASTIC. Quick, almost hard, and rolling great.

I'd hold off playing the West for at least 3-4 weeks, but I encourage everyone to go play the South.

Lob Wedge Irishman is on a distinguished road

Emerald Links

Played Emerald Links last night. South course is DEFINITELY in beautiful shape. We also played the West course, and the greeens were filled with bare patches. Probably 6 or 7 of the 9 on the West course were affected.

The pace of play was good for twilight. No one in front of us and we managed to finish 15 holes before it was too dark (4:45 pm tee off).

1 Iron Tanglegrip is on a distinguished road Tanglegrip's Avatar
    Glad to hear that the south course is looking good as I played west & east in mid April and the greens were horrible. Of course you can't expect pristine conditions that early in the season but I figured that it would take at least a couple of months for all of the winter kill to come back.

Anyone know why the east & west greens came through in such poor shape?

Putter otown47 is on a distinguished road
    I played the East and West courses yesterday and was VERY disappointed with the greens. Almost all the greens are affected with dead grass and all have been cut for aerating (strips about 1 inch wide across the greens that turn them into washboards) Putting is pretty much impossible. This was one of my favourite courses. I might try it again later in the summer. I recommend staying away from it....

Thread Information