CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Pitching Wedge chinny424 is on a distinguished road chinny424's Avatar
    I started with Gregg Foley last month and in my first lesson he had me hitting a draw which I have never done before. Really nice guy, personable and made the lesson fun. I look forward to my next lesson with him. Just google his name and you will find his info.

Good Luck!

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danielao View Post
    . Hitting the ball properly once in awhile I think would help to make it a little more fun.
    That would only feed your delusion that golf is easy; and the obsession with the sport completely takes over your life!
    You only get out of something what you put into it

9 Iron jjw99 is on a distinguished road jjw99's Avatar
    in the golf magazine flagstick kevin haime was the top guy he is in Kanata and there are open

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I think private lessons are best to start, you get the basics and the one on one is very important to get the proper feedback. I have had a few teachers and they were all well qualified about the golf swing but one in particular was the best at "teaching". He can explain what he wants in many different ways until it clicks for you. You will not go wrong:

Marc Levac, 613-558-6221
    Last edited by leftylucas; 04-03-2014 at 08:11 AM.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Putter danielao is on a distinguished road

where should I go for lessons?

Back story of my golf "experience."

I have none. I've played golf maybe a half-dozen times. A half-dozen times spread over a 12-15 year period. So basically, I'm a complete beginner. Can't connect with a driver off a tee, not even a 3-wood most times. I can sometimes connect with my irons, but they all go the same distance. But I'd like to get out a few times a year and not make it a total no-fun day out. Hitting the ball properly once in awhile I think would help to make it a little more fun.

Is there anywhere particular I should go for lessons as such a beginner? Any particular pro that's better for me as opposed to a lower handicap player looking for advice? Should I sign up for one of those beginner group courses, or go for private sessions?

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    I think I read on Gregg Foley's Facebook page that he has a tune up session this coming Saturday. May be a good place to start, then if you're happy with his and Joe's teaching style you can take it to the 19th tee where they live during the summer months.

You could also speak to Gregg about a few weeks of indoor golf school, as its open until April 20th. I'm about to complete my 3rd year of Golf School with him and over that time he's not only dropped me from an 18 HCP to a 10.9HCP, but my consistency between rounds has dramatically increased. Proof, I hit a 10.9 HCP last year while only ever breaking 80 once in my life, and only hitting birdies approximately once every 3 rounds.

Go see Gregg and Joe, especially if you can squeeze in the last few weeks of their golf school. Probably the best bang for your buck especially as a beginner. Single 30 minute lessons won't be anywhere near as valuable to you as a 2+ week bootcamp IMO.

Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by danielao View Post
    Back story of my golf "experience."

I have none. I've played golf maybe a half-dozen times. A half-dozen times spread over a 12-15 year period. So basically, I'm a complete beginner. Can't connect with a driver off a tee, not even a 3-wood most times. I can sometimes connect with my irons, but they all go the same distance. But I'd like to get out a few times a year and not make it a total no-fun day out. Hitting the ball properly once in awhile I think would help to make it a little more fun.

Is there anywhere particular I should go for lessons as such a beginner? Any particular pro that's better for me as opposed to a lower handicap player looking for advice? Should I sign up for one of those beginner group courses, or go for private sessions?
    Go immediately to the OAC Golf School with Colin Orr…they have a special on for the month of April. His pros will have you ready for May 1st golf season.

8 Iron leftee is on a distinguished road leftee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by orangeTANG View Post
    I think I read on Gregg Foley's Facebook page that he has a tune up session this coming Saturday. May be a good place to start, then if you're happy with his and Joe's teaching style you can take it to the 19th tee where they live during the summer months.

You could also speak to Gregg about a few weeks of indoor golf school, as its open until April 20th. I'm about to complete my 3rd year of Golf School with him and over that time he's not only dropped me from an 18 HCP to a 10.9HCP, but my consistency between rounds has dramatically increased. Proof, I hit a 10.9 HCP last year while only ever breaking 80 once in my life, and only hitting birdies approximately once every 3 rounds.

Go see Gregg and Joe, especially if you can squeeze in the last few weeks of their golf school. Probably the best bang for your buck especially as a beginner. Single 30 minute lessons won't be anywhere near as valuable to you as a 2+ week bootcamp IMO.
    Couldn't agree more. Gregg and Joe are great at what they do. Their indoor golf school has been a great experience for me as well.

Gap Wedge WayRey is on a distinguished road

Gregg Foley

I posted on here last year how i had seen Gregg when my driver had more backspin than any of my wedges, and i had a power fade (or wicked slice), whichever you prefer, pretty much my whole golfing life.
    After a 1 hour session I in turn booked a group of 5 x 1 hour lessons and because i live in the far east end of the city, i quit going after the 4th hour because i was having so much fun playing the game and i despise westbound traffic.
    I tried to arrange lessons with some suggested pros in the east end from this site and never even got a reply, hence i went to Gregg.
    In case your wondering what kind of an idiot would not partake in his final paid session, i spent the same amount of money last year as someone that continues to buy the latest driver on a yearly basis hoping for better results.... And we all know how well that works.

Bogie GoingLow is on a distinguished road GoingLow's Avatar

Foley

Foley and Joe are the best around for sure.

Thread Information