+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garage set-up

Putter Tommy D is on a distinguished road

Garage set-up

Hi, I am going to purchase a Optishot simulator for use in my garage during the winter months.... mainly for weekend fun with the guys..... I have an area - 9 foot high by 10' wide by 10' deep. I am looking for an inexpensive way to set up an impact screen. I need to be able to set it up and take it down every time I play so I can park the cars at night..... I was thinking of using an HD t.v. to start out but would like to purchase a impact screen that I could use possibly with a projector later on. I have read so much about the impact screens that I am confused. If I purchase an impact screen.... do I need to put anything behind it or in front of it to absorb the impact ?? Can I just hang the (white) impact screen and hit away ??? I plan on using real golf balls. Not looking for anything fancy....just something to hit into that will absorb the impact and serve the purpose....any ideas. Thanks.

Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy D View Post
    Hi, I am going to purchase a Optishot simulator for use in my garage during the winter months.... mainly for weekend fun with the guys..... I have an area - 9 foot high by 10' wide by 10' deep. I am looking for an inexpensive way to set up an impact screen. I need to be able to set it up and take it down every time I play so I can park the cars at night..... I was thinking of using an HD t.v. to start out but would like to purchase a impact screen that I could use possibly with a projector later on. I have read so much about the impact screens that I am confused. If I purchase an impact screen.... do I need to put anything behind it or in front of it to absorb the impact ?? Can I just hang the (white) impact screen and hit away ??? I plan on using real golf balls. Not looking for anything fancy....just something to hit into that will absorb the impact and serve the purpose....any ideas. Thanks.
    www.golfsimulatorguys.com they also have a youtube video.

3 Wood Golfmaxxx is on a distinguished road Golfmaxxx's Avatar
    Check out westcoastnetting.com and no matter what screen you choose , if you back it up with netting or memory foam or a moving blanket it will last longer .

Good luck

Putter Tommy D is on a distinguished road
    Thanks....appreciate the advice.

Thread Information